SandySleaze

Al Basrah Multi Storey Fobs

47 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

you clearly haven''t played enough

He played it enough, think about it, he made this map.

10 minutes ago, Frinz said:

He played it enough, think about it, he made this map.

Good for him, but he's talking out of his arse now. Have a squad that listens to your orders and nobody will be able to get past your defences. I had MANY games where this tactic worked great. Don't play with random strangers, end of the story.

Squad is made to be played with strangers, of course, you are much more effective when you play with your clan, but thats not the norm for everyone, most people play squad without being in an organizes group and it's one of the development goals to make squad playable perfectly fine with random strangers.

I guess you just have a different experience cause you play alot with people you know very well. 

just imagine it with:

heli fastropes  drop on the roof.

Zip lines and grappling hooks to and from the building.

Destruction gradually reducing the cover available and damaging deployables.

Accurate laser guided explosive and penetrating rounds.

In the short term I think spawns should be limited per fob until supplies top them up.

Eg 100 spawns per large logi drop.

It's quite easy to counter in a number of ways, such as parking your CROWS vehicles (strykers, hmmwvs, even regular non-crows hmmwvs can work) at a standoff range behind some cover and you simply pound the top 3 levels of the building with penetrating .50 cal fire. Even a layer of sandbags won't stop .50cal fire, although it will diminish the damage a fair bit.

Combined that with simply putting a massive amount of bodies in the area, even if you can't storm the building, you can have enough people in the area to increase the INS respawn timer on that FOB to the point where it's not viable to spawn there anymore (seen spawn timers well over 2 minutes), and they'll either have to spawn elsewhere or sit and wait and their numbers will steadily decline until it's cappable.

Alternatively, you simply push fast enough that they don't have time to dig in. Turns out, if you let an enemy fortify an already easily defended position, it can be quite hard to flush them out.

Basrah is one of the few maps where insurgents have an actual tangible advantage that they can utilise. US teams haven't realised yet that their usual tactics of just rushing with vehicles into a dense, urban area filled to the brim with RPGs isn't going to be effective. Again, CROWS vehicles parked at render distance firing .50 at Apartments is incredibly annoying for any insurgents there.

If you want to talk about imbalanced superFOBS on Basrah, have a look at the kind of shitshow the game turns into if the US just rushes Refinery and superFOBS that. They can just park all their vehicles behind hesco barriers or the already-placed shipping containers and are practically invulnerable, with line of sight all the way down the main line of attack. I had a game a couple of days ago where 2 Strykers and 3 HMMWvs were doing exactly that, along with .50 cal positions on the large oil containers to the north. I don't even think we ended up capturing refinery until the very end of the game, but we simply prevented the enemy from capturing a second point.

7 hours ago, Kerri said:

It's quite easy to counter in a number of ways, such as parking your CROWS vehicles (strykers, hmmwvs, even regular non-crows hmmwvs can work) at a standoff range behind some cover and you simply pound the top 3 levels of the building with penetrating .50 cal fire. Even a layer of sandbags won't stop .50cal fire, although it will diminish the damage a fair bit.

Combined that with simply putting a massive amount of bodies in the area, even if you can't storm the building, you can have enough people in the area to increase the INS respawn timer on that FOB to the point where it's not viable to spawn there anymore (seen spawn timers well over 2 minutes), and they'll either have to spawn elsewhere or sit and wait and their numbers will steadily decline until it's cappable.

Alternatively, you simply push fast enough that they don't have time to dig in. Turns out, if you let an enemy fortify an already easily defended position, it can be quite hard to flush them out.

Basrah is one of the few maps where insurgents have an actual tangible advantage that they can utilise. US teams haven't realised yet that their usual tactics of just rushing with vehicles into a dense, urban area filled to the brim with RPGs isn't going to be effective. Again, CROWS vehicles parked at render distance firing .50 at Apartments is incredibly annoying for any insurgents there.

If you want to talk about imbalanced superFOBS on Basrah, have a look at the kind of shitshow the game turns into if the US just rushes Refinery and superFOBS that. They can just park all their vehicles behind hesco barriers or the already-placed shipping containers and are practically invulnerable, with line of sight all the way down the main line of attack. I had a game a couple of days ago where 2 Strykers and 3 HMMWvs were doing exactly that, along with .50 cal positions on the large oil containers to the north. I don't even think we ended up capturing refinery until the very end of the game, but we simply prevented the enemy from capturing a second point.

The American Refinery rush and super fob can be typically be defeated by dropping a fob and two repair stations at the NE corner of the Alleys island and then bombarding it with the rocket technical. 

9 hours ago, suds said:

just imagine it with:

heli fastropes  drop on the roof.

Zip lines and grappling hooks to and from the building.

Destruction gradually reducing the cover available and damaging deployables.

Accurate laser guided explosive and penetrating rounds.

In the short term I think spawns should be limited per fob until supplies top them up.

Eg 100 spawns per large logi drop.

Maybe some MH-6 Little Birds with some benches

11 hours ago, Marijuanoz said:

you clearly haven''t played enough

I don't think you realize what kind of comment you just made.

17 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I don't think you realize what kind of comment you just made.

I won 2 fing games today by camping inside Courtyard fob, 99%'s my arse.. I know what im talking about. I love this map and all, good job & thanks for making it, but damn.. think twice about what you type yo

Edited by Marijuanoz

1 minute ago, Marijuanoz said:

I won 2 fing games today by camping inside Courtyard fob, 99%'s my arse.. I know what im talking about.

Lol I can testify his statement of 99%.

Keep playing the games and gather more data on your win rate using that tactic. It's all situational, with multiple factors. It's also hard to say that the FOB was the only factor that caused the victory.

If its clan vs clan, its a different story.

In the video under, we were held off by a multistory building FOB from the US team, but after around 15 minutes of fighting it, we eventually overran it. 

Edited by Socrates

10 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Lol I can testify his statement of 99%.

Keep playing the games and gather more data on your win rate using that tactic. It's all situational, with multiple factors. It's also hard to say that the FOB was the only factor that caused the victory.

If its clan vs clan, its a different story.

lul, Americans didn't even bother to fortify stairwell, nobody was properly defending it, very sloppy :D 

Shoulda seen my games, sandbags everywhere, at least 3 people watching 1 entrance, heavy mg's covering every side, our FOB's last till the end of match around 30-40% of all games, Join RIP Bashar server some day or that 2fjg w/e it was called, even with randoms you can work something out there.

Edited by Marijuanoz

lul, Americans didn't even bother to fortify stairwell, nobody was even properly defending it :D 

Shoulda seen my games, sandbags everywhere, at least 3 people watching 1 entrance, heavy mg's covering every side, our FOB's last till the end of match around 30-40% of all games, Join RIP Bashar server some day or that 2fjg w/e it was called, even with randoms you can work something out there.

I have played as a team that was super fobbing, we got overrun since people in the windows kept getting shot at, and the more US soldiers inside the FOB zone, the more the timer went up, which meant slower spawn ins from the insurgents team. Therefore, with due time, we lost it.

But just to make this clear, if we naturally gather data on this type of tactic in public matches, the percentage rate of losing the FOB is over 50%.

Edited by Socrates

9 minutes ago, Socrates said:

But just to make this clear, if we naturally gather data on this type of tactic in public matches, the percentage rate of losing the FOB is over 50%.

random fob's placed hell knows where go down even faster

30-40% is a great success in my eyes

I was born for this cqc chaos.

Edited by Marijuanoz

2 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

random fob's placed hell knows where go down even faster

30-40% is a great success in my eyes

To clarify, I'm talking about FOBs placed in multi story buildings.

And exactly, the win rate is lower than 50%. 2 games isn't going to justify that this works all the time.

Just now, Socrates said:

To clarify, I'm talking about FOBs placed in multi story buildings.

And exactly, the win rate is lower than 50%. 2 games isn't going to justify that this works all the time.

i play around 5-10 Bashar's every day on the INS side :P it was 2 out of 2 games today for me, we had some people with brain playing today

Edited by Marijuanoz

i play around 5-10 Bashar's every day on the INS side :P it was 2 out of 2 games today for me, we had some people with brain playing today

Lol im not going to bother anymore.

Just now, Socrates said:

Lol im not going to bother anymore.

I am literally doing this every darn game man.

Just now, Marijuanoz said:

I am literally doing this every darn game man.

That's really nice.

Just now, Socrates said:

That's really nice.

Yaboi, i hope that you jump on too someday. Lots of fun.

Just now, Marijuanoz said:

Yaboi, i hope that you jump on too someday. Lots of fun.

Oh yeah I've been around.

On Tue Apr 18 2017 at 5:07 AM, SandySleaze said:

The building gets pelted with HMGs, Rockets and Grenades and people inside die in terrific numbers and it ties up a lot of players

True, however this is an accurate description of very many FOBs and it is due to one simple reason: kids who are afraid to get shot in a video game.

When you spawn in a building fob: GTFO. When you sit inside the fob playing with your *** and trying to shoot from the windows you accomplish one thing: the enemy gets closer, they trap you inside, and sooner or later you lose the FOB.

These are the same kids who go to attack an enemy compound and none of them have the balls to actually assault it so they just stack up outside the entrances and try to shoot the guys from outside and then they die in handfulls as soon as the enemy starts throwing grenades over the walls. It's a video game for god's sake, it's all pretend, grow a spine and get in there.

I think they can be effective with the right setup on the lower floors. For example wire and hesco on bottom floor with hesco on each floor at edge of staircase. Upper level finish with bags on stairs right before HAB floor. 

^-----Without that it is very easy for someone to slip in and dig that HAB that is most likely sticking out somewhere. (speaking from experience lol)