SandySleaze

Al Basrah Multi Storey Fobs

Hi

So far I'm liking Al Basrah a lot. One recurring theme that seems to happen in every match though is the SuperFobbing of one of the multi storey buildings, normally either at the Apartments or Courtyard flags. I was wondering what people's opinions on these are?

Myself, I'm skeptical that they really achieve much. The building gets pelted with HMGs, Rockets and Grenades and people inside die in terrific numbers and it ties up a lot of players, while not necessarily preventing the objective from being captured. Once you've lost it you're stuck in a building surrounded while your next objective is taken.

Thoughts?

Its only really effective imo if you concentrate on multiple buildings and flank the guys who attack the main FOB. Otherwise its just a huge killfest for the enemy rpg´s.

Depends on how good defenders are inside these buildings, i had both good and bad experiance defending these places. Most of the times these fobs get taken down rather quickly by that stupid FOB proximity thing, if the enemy gets on the second or third floor it's a gg. It's still a lot of fun.

We need Insurgency mode for this map like ASAP. huhuhuh

Edited by Marijuanoz

As with most things depends attacker and defenders. The stronger co ordinated side will win through. Good placed Fob in the flag zone will cause problems,. But a good Grenadier can crush the FOB. Smoking the tower can make firing out nearly pointless, even though not done by many.

Did a great assault on apartments,  Grenadier spamming from ammo crate,smoke then HE.  Stryker putting rounds on each floor above us we advanced up, clearing as we go. Proved to be a great combo to clearing. Or just let the keep feeding you as they spawn and try and get out take them out. Being in a known location isn't the best move.

40 minutes ago, Smee said:

Did a great assault on apartments,  Grenadier spamming from ammo crate,smoke then HE.  Stryker putting rounds on each floor above us we advanced up, clearing as we go. Proved to be a great combo to clearing. Or just let the keep feeding you as they spawn and try and get out take them out. Being in a known location isn't the best move.

That's what I love about Squad. You get a team working tactics together and no other game can touch the experience.

need to have more than one escape route to be able to counter attack. Ive jumped out windows a few times with mixed success :)

requesting new fob buildables: 

Trampoline

Swimming pool

or some sort of rope device if you are going to be boring :D

sometimes a fob just needs to hold out for enough time to allow another flag to be capped, in this way the courtyard tower fob can be a great tactic as it is unlikely the enemy will get enough numbers in the zone in time to capture.

Edited by suds

5 minutes ago, suds said:

need to have more than one escape route to be able to counter attack. Ive jumped out windows a few times with mixed success :)

Trampoline

Swimming pool

or some sort of rope device if you are going to be boring :D.

I've heard a cart of straw can save you from an incredible fall from height. I am sure the insurgents would have one of those.

hahhaha, hotel awnings have proven to be safe landing sites for heros and attractive leading ladies.

It's really fun when you end up getting pinned down inside one of the apartment complexes and there's just fighting on almost every floor. Each trip up or down one of the staircases could be your last.

Personally, I enjoy it a lot.

2 hours ago, suds said:

Trampoline

Swimming pool

or some sort of rope device if you are going to be boring :D

Just reminded me of the Hotel in PR, jumping of the top to the swimming pool. Lol

This is the most fun I have ever had in this game. Building super FOBs. Usually building a super FOB seems to be a bad idea in order to win but who cares when game becomes so much fun! Probably the devs gonna be boring and ruin it because of "serious" players wanna be boring, but I hope not.

Game should be fun, right? 

I think this will balance out naturally however when heavy weapons such as tanks and artillery comes into play. Given those weapons be given somewhat realistic penetrative power that is. No need to do anything at this point that is.

Big FOBs are somewhat effective under following conditions:

1. HAB is well-protected and is inside the capture zone (makes it quite hard for enemy to take the flag).

2. Radio is on the top floor (as long as entrance to building is held, enemy can not disable radio).

3. There are proper fortifications set up (double sandbags on stairs - people can get out, but not in), everyone is spread out.

All of this requires a well-coordinated team and I hardly ever see it. And I think it's only possible at the highrise in center flag.

Also it seems to work better for insurgents than for Americans since frag rockets are easier to use at long range than grenadier nades, and ammo is not an issue with crates.

PS. Also, some gamey tactics for Super FOBs/crates:

1. Spawn as squad of 1 at Super FOB. Place fortifications as SL, use existing ammo crate to switch to Rifleman, build fortifications using shovel (can be also done as SL if your SMs aren't building stuff for you).

2. If you shot all 4 rockets as LAT, using crate to "switch class" back to LAT is significantly quicker than going through two extra reload animations.

3. If you're wounded and there are no medics around, use ammo crate to switch to medic class and heal yourself (if there's only one medic on squad).

Edited by tatzhit

Building in cap zone, boarding up the windows, and defending the stairs is usually a lot of fun. Just make sure it's not your only FOB in the city. 

Not saying it should be stopped,  if you do it outside a cap then it's a mistake.

Not my favourite tactic,  either way it's a ta tic at least, and a fob better than no fob.

40 minutes ago, Flat896 said:

Building in cap zone, boarding up the windows, and defending the stairs is usually a lot of fun. Just make sure it's not your only FOB in the city. 

Yeah that's the problem. I think the only way to do it in a forward flag, in a high-rise, in cap, is by placing a FOB pretty central in the city. Which means no other FOBs wiithin 400m. So this tactic is effective, but there are certainly alternatives (i.e. building a triangle of FOBs around the center).

PS. Also, does anyone know how many tickets does a FOB radio cost if it's dug up? Does a HAB cost anything?

I had a recent experience where a FOB was put on a 7 story high building.

Everyone refused to leave the building. The building was in the Flag capture radius.

However, the enemy team eventually overran us with more manpower. We held them off for at least 15 minutes.

It's fun, but it'll eventually fall due to the heavy amount of enemies in the FOB radius, which increases the spawn timer.

Everyone gets stuck inside the building.

1 hour ago, Smee said:

20tkts for fob, none for Hab 

Thank you!! Squad is constantly changing, so old guides are kinda useless )

You can make an apartment base permanent by placing enough sand bag defenses.

The trick is to build a double pillbox sandbag on top of the stairs as well as a inside the room the stairs leads into. You make sure you can still walk past the sandbags, and you make this for the bottom floor and top floor.

The bottom floor I build a double sandbag pillbox before you even get on the stairs. This provides bottom floor defenders a lot of cover.

Setting sandbags every few floors helps to protect every floor very well.

Having multiple sandbag fighting positions surrounding a stair entry gives too many possible corners and holes for tangos to watch out for when coming up.

Also, you want sand bags around the walls to stop penetration from .50 cals. You do this in real life combat when fortifying a building to protect against heavy machine guns.

It's beautiful!

Edited by Cavazos

4 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Hate it, you should be shot if you FOB up multi story buildings and sit there....99% of the time youll lose it!

you clearly haven''t played enough