Anyone using the Game Mode? If so do you see any Performance Improvements? It seems that Streamers will benefit the most with this new Windows Update 

Microsoft is garbage. Windows OS is a place holder nuisance that everyone simply plugs their noses and tolerates so we can game on a PC. That said, certainly one shouldn't discuss any of its supposed merits or benefits because at this point to me its functionality is on the same level as the OS thats in my microwave or washer machine. I just want to turn it on, load Steam and play games is all and not have to deal with the Windows "Experience" or whatever motif they're going for this year.

On 18/04/2017 at 6:37 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Microsoft is garbage.

Well, Microsoft is evil and a lot of people in Microsoft should go to jail but they aren't really garbage.

Windows OS is a place holder nuisance that everyone simply plugs their noses and tolerates so we can game on a PC.

Can you name any other platforms that are as universal in what OS can do as Windows?

And it's just a wrong statement that Windows OS is a place holder, for obvious reasons.

That said, certainly one shouldn't discuss any of its supposed merits or benefits because at this point to me its functionality is on the same level as the OS thats in my microwave or washer machine.

Literally nobody cares what that's to you.

I just want to turn it on, load Steam and play games is all and not have to deal with the Windows "Experience" or whatever motif they're going for this year.

Again, this world and this universe(as well as all other worlds in this universe and all other universes in ours multiverse(if it exist)) don't care what you want, man.

Why would you even write something like that in the first place?

On 18/04/2017 at 4:46 AM, Lio said:

Anyone using the Game Mode? If so do you see any Performance Improvements? It seems that Streamers will benefit the most with this new Windows Update 

Well, back to the topic. I wouldn't install Creators update in the first place(yes, I know about hidden backdoors in the previous versions, etc.), it adds Telemetry.

Edited by Skul

If you recall Windows OS used to fit on a CD-ROM but now it takes a DVD and then afterwards huge "updates"... 

Seeing as underneath all the bloat it's probably pretty much the same then you have to ask yourself what exactly is all that additional "stuff" if it's basically doing the same thing it did a decade ago? 

i just looked at an overview of this Creators thing (stupid name). There's not one single feature i'm interested in or would use. Is there a way to refuse all this bloatware?

7 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Is there a way to refuse all this bloatware?

Sure:

https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

To disable it completely you gonna need to disable it in registry, group policy and in the Windows services. You can also disable 40% of the Windows you don't use yourself in the same places.

12 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

If you recall Windows OS used to fit on a CD-ROM but now it takes a DVD and then afterwards huge "updates"... 

Seeing as underneath all the bloat it's probably pretty much the same then you have to ask yourself what exactly is all that additional "stuff" if it's basically doing the same thing it did a decade ago? 

Are you saying W10 has the same features as W95 and nothing more?

The game mode is not a boost mode. It'll just prevent tasks to start unintentionally  and reduce the load of the running (non gaming related) tasks. So if you have a weak CPU you could see a small FPS gain but everyone with a good rig will not get a noticeable benefit from it. It seems sonly Windows (Store) games are supported by the game mode so it isn't relevant at all for Squad.

And I like the update especially because of the night mode!

20 hours ago, banOkay said:

Are you saying W10 has the same features as W95 and nothing more?

It loads and runs PC games and browsers which is pretty much the only features I use. Plus I've got it set to basically look and act exactly like W95 so yeah...

16 hours ago, Fidelis Sodalis said:

The game mode is not a boost mode. It'll just prevent tasks to start unintentionally  and reduce the load of the running (non gaming related) tasks. So if you have a weak CPU you could see a small FPS gain but everyone with a good rig will not get a noticeable benefit from it. It seems sonly Windows (Store) games are supported by the game mode so it isn't relevant at all for Squad.

And I like the update especially because of the night mode!

What is Night Mode?