Sign in to follow this  
topper

Fair Play - Team Switch

topper   

Hello Fellow Admins and Dev,

Have anyone here come up with a good way of preventing players from switching team to spy on the opposing team's FOB & HAB placement?

The current time penalty just doesn't seem to be long enough. 

Perhaps switcher will get a blank map for x amount of time?

Of course it doesn't prevent people from sharing info via 3rd party VOIP or text programs.

Just not sure how to go abouts implementing fair play to players or clans who seemingly don't give a damn about fair play.

-topper

Psyrus   

The short answer is that you can't guarantee "fair play". There is no point because no matter what barriers you put in place, squad is not a closed system so there will always be methods for assholes to ruin the game.

I remember I read about a pr player that had a laptop next to his pc. He would join in a game with both computers and put one on each team. The laptop player would just idle at main base with the map open, and the player would report real time enemy movements and fob locations to his team mates.

If the laptop player got warned for being idle, he would reply that he's not idle and would just auto walk across the map.

Literally nothing you can do about it, accept it as assholes, kick anyone who offers to share that kind of Intel with you and try to grow your community to a point where people don't feel like they want to do that.

rulie   

...old topic, (sportsmanship theme).

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/2312-why-do-we-play-games-community-competition/#comment-47347

Fair play requires some form of game ethic lacking with today's generation of players it seems.

...it's up to all of us to teach the youngling's the way's of the @SgtRoss...

Edited by rulie

topper   

Thanks everyone, I guess I will have to make the best of it by using FOB as the bait then :)  Cheers.

-topper

rulie   

...thank you topper kind sir, for the post,

...but I am still waiting for the Squad PERM death game mode.

Now rally points don't matter, but F.O.B.s have ammo crates, so medics can re-supply bandages n good drugs.

A game mode that separate's the men from the boys. Now it's no longer Cowboy's n Itchiy bums boys n girls, ...in 2017 it's Marines vs Nasty Talikbanians!!

Perm Death game mode is where it's at.

Now the medics are important, now coms are even more important. I dream of Jeannie? I don't think so, but it would be nice, ...just saying...pay attention to SL, protect your medics and the man to your left, n you might live to tell the tale...or make a 1080p squad music clip go viral.