Peerun

RPG Blast supression is useless

32 posts in this topic

Yep, would be cool if close impact or building hit with RPG shot cause a temporary concusion or something other negative effects.

@PeerunWas that screenshot taken on Al Basrah?

Any kind of nearby explosive that doesn't incapacitate should cause a temporary (4-5 secs) ringing and deafness (muffled sounds) that fades during that time. Add to the feeling of actually being suppressed and sense of disorientation.

Edited by Major Trouble

22 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I don't get it.

> be me
> playing al basrag
> supressing an enemy, in a window with an RPK drum
> scareAF.face
> break contact for a second and reload
> hear an rpg explode
> pop from cover and see the guy through the rpg dust
> ded

Extra rpg supression would be nice another 10m. Never had it but would think being in the location would be horrendous. 

So basically the RPG guy can just wait for you to stop shooting then pop out and shoot the RPG to kill you?

RPG is on your side. 

59 minutes ago, Socrates said:

So basically the RPG guy can just wait for you to stop shooting then pop out and shoot the RPG to kill you?

Flash (most prominent), dust, frag and temporary disorientation. In that order.

Sure we've spoken about this somewhere? Anyhow,we need some GBH in the ear hole if your caught by an explosion.

Devs have said multiple times they don't want the game to be a tinnitus simulator, but we can probably count on muffled sounds

Well either sounds, bodily effects, etc.. it so far been a fun ride and finding those leeks! 

You get usually more suppressed from a frag grenade, which is the part I don't like. Sure the frag has more potential to hurt you than a HEAT RPG(as infantry), but when you compare the mass and explosion the HEAT wins, so that's why I think suppression from them should be more noticable.
I mean currently, the most suppression is caused by bullets, if you compare mass-to-effect, which I find quite odd.

Edited by Peerun

Maby more gun sway for a few sec. after the rpg hit at the window, and maby doubble vission for a quick fix.

+1 for shit your pants effect. Can't sprint till minimum 2 teammates come and shovel the shit out pants and boots.

Would love to see extra suppression effects from close explosive detonation. I especially like the idea of ringing ears and muffled sounds suggested in other comments. Would really add to the chaotic experience of a classic squad firefight.    

yes I agree, more suppression type effect from RPG and related weapons for sure.

14 hours ago, GonzoPR said:

+1 for shit your pants effect. Can't sprint till minimum 2 teammates come and shovel the shit out pants and boots.

Maybe you should just curl up in the fetal position until a teammate comes and shouts at you to get your sh*t together.

9 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Maybe you should just curl up in the fetal position until a teammate comes and shouts at you to get your sh*t together.

Only 50% chance of success unless they deploy the hot chocolate and marshmallows inventory item.