_randombullet

Head popping up when bandaging

Posted (edited)

scenario

Squad leader is low crawling behind a 2ft wall and gets taken out. Medic survives attack and crawls to squad leader and begins to apply bandage. Medics back reverse arches up and extends neck out abnormally high, popping his head over wall, getting killed. Are there any plans to be able to bandage while prone without sticking your head up so high? Its hard enough reviving in combat let alone without using cover.  I did notice a video floating around with a dev enabling a drag animation but not sure if that is in the works for beta.

Edited by _randombullet

Posted (edited)

Well hopefully with the New animation system they can do somethink about it?

Oh & Draggin'...

CHpD3trWwAA7ruY.jpg

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Ist that head popping intentional or a placeholder

I imagine it will be reworked when the medical system gets more love in the future. Don't expect to be perfectly flat while bandaging though.

I heard the devs say that it's a big with the current animation system. It should be removed in V10. 

Oh & Draggin'...

CHpD3trWwAA7ruY.jpg

That's important to be able to drag your friendly to a new grid but what's going to make the drag exhaust, Really it's a awesome idea I just wonder how long is my Corps man going to be dragging me

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Oh & Draggin'...

CHpD3trWwAA7ruY.jpg

Oh yeah, what ever happened to that?

I hope with V10 there will be specific animations for bandaging, depending on the body part. Only letting you go prone if that wouldn't interfere with the bandaging, ie bandaging your hand, while not letting you go prone, if you got shot in the leg. Also with multiple body parts hit, there should be a requirement to use a bandage on each one.

On 4/15/2017 at 7:19 PM, Flat896 said:

I heard the devs say that it's a big with the current animation system. It should be removed in V10. 

Can you imagine bandaging and resuscitating someone while laying face down in the dirt next to them?
I can't.

The head pop while bandaging is annoying but realistic.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:33 PM, Melbo said:

I imagine it will be reworked when the medical system gets more love in the future. Don't expect to be perfectly flat while bandaging though.

Would be nice to see the models roll onto their sides while bandaging. What about grenades and other tools? Pretty much everything other than a rifle causes the player to pop up.

If you look straight down while bandaging your head will go down a fair amount. It isn't perfect but it is a work around for now.