napstrike

Resolution box empty unless run as an admin

Hello there.

When I launch the game through steam, it opens as a small box that covers the 60% of my screen, as if it was in windowed mode in 1366x768. When I go to the graphics settings to change this, the resolution box is empty. There isn't a single resolution listed in the list, the list doesn't even open up. Selecting windowed mode sets the game into windowed mode, in 1366x768 or something like that, however my native resolution is 1920x1080. Setting the game to borderless stretches the game outside my monitors limits (as if I was trying to display 4k on my 1080p monitor without scaling it down)

This problem goes away, if I launch Squad.exe in administrator mode. The resolution box is filled with every resolution I would expect to see, and the game works perfectly in the test range. I can not join any server though, since the game wasn't launched using the launcher, and therefore the anticheat couldn't initialize properly.

Running launcher.exe in administrator mode results in the same problem as if launching it through steam.

I tried deleting squad folder from %localappdata%, clearing user cache, and various other methods.

My system specs:

Asus N56VZ S4263H Notebook

RAM: 2 x SO-DIMM socketed, total of 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM @2.4 ghz

Graphics card: Nvidia GT650M 4GB DDR3

Screen: 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080)

This is how it looks like:

87469a6aa203445c9b85015da9459d10.jpeg

Bump

I read on reddit that this problem happens with laptops, this game used to work well a few months ago, this problem started after the recent major updates. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it a couple of times too. At least give me a "we are looking into it" response or something like that, what kind of a customer support is this!