Materia

Something to be done about the repair containers.

35 posts in this topic

Just now, I managed to travel across more than half of some desert map alone, as AT, destroyed 1 enemy fob, I got to see BTR, bang, bang, 2 LAWs hit it, but since it was camping next to the repair station, in a manner of seconds it was fully repaired... WHAT THE ... IS THIS ... !?

I hope that this thing will be fixed, and I mean, it should be a priority. Some random bastard camping in a vehicle next to repair container is literally invincible. If I wanted to play some fantasy, sience fiction game with magic containers I would not be buying SQUAD.

A huge dissapointed, as that is a game breaking bug for me, or just increase the LAW, RPG dmg, so even when camping next to a magic container, it will not help the vehicle.

Edited by Materia

All that and all I really read was.......

59 minutes ago, Materia said:

Just now, I managed to travel across more than half of some desert map alone...........

Ok you shouldnt walk alone, your Squad needs you.....

But i need to say that ive got a similar game but we move as a squad of 6 ppl 1 BTR Camp up the hill right next to one of these repair containers he ripped all of us and we got no chance to get him down, repair is way too fast!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BTRs are set up to explode upon 3 law hits + burn damage. The repairing will probably negate the burn damage, so it would need 4 consecutive LAW hits to go down. Or a bit of extra 'love' from US grenade launchers or a US attack vehicle.

The repair system isn't an issue. It just needs to drain supplies when repairing.

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

The repair system isn't an issue. It just needs to drain supplies when repairing.

It already does. What would be better would having deployables be destructible by something other than a shovel.

6 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Oh yes, magic vehicle healing box at any FOB is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. It allows vehicles to pull of absolutely unrealistic stuff that Generally stupid and terrible for gameplay

Edited by Engagedrook8

Have it so if firing or taking damage it stops repair.

4 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

Oh yes, magic vehicle healing box at any FOB is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. It allows vehicles to pull of absolutely unrealistic stuff that Generally stupid and terrible for gameplay

As opposed to magic healing bags carried by medics?

A 10 second delay from either damage or firing is all that needs to be done if anything.

With Maximum of 2 rep stations and a little coordination. Haven't had an issue wiping the floor with a vehicle on a rep station. Luckily not many have figured out that hul ing down your vehicle with sand bags along with a rep station is the way to go to keep it up. 

16 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

All that and all I really read was.......

Hehehe...Oh Stop it!.xD

That's why it doesn't work being a "LoneWolf" in Squad OP....

ka0l79.jpg

On 4/16/2017 at 0:19 AM, Hotpokkaminny said:

A 10 second delay from either damage or firing is all that needs to be done if anything.

Make that box destroyable and also cost a bunch of tickets and they no longer will be dropped near the fight. Ok, they still will by dunces, but you won't see it as often, you'll more often see wounded vehicles being forced to leave the fight and drive back to somewhere safe for a repair. 

22 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Make that box destroyable and also cost a bunch of tickets and they no longer will be dropped near the fight. Ok, they still will by dunces, but you won't see it as often, you'll more often see wounded vehicles being forced to leave the fight and drive back to somewhere safe for a repair. 

I've been saying this for so long! Let us use HE to destroy emplacements from range and we will stop seeing them placed on the front.

I've also started wondering about making repair crates have a global limit. Say if a team could only place three or four repair crates across the entire map then we wouldn't see them constantly placed at a forward FOB.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:19 AM, Hotpokkaminny said:

I'm not opposed the the magic healing box altogether, I just oppose it being at fobs were vehicles can quickly fall back, and a minute later be back to the front line fully operational, they should have to fully return to base for repairs and ammo.

Edited by Engagedrook8

On 4/16/2017 at 0:29 AM, PolishKruk said:

It already does. What would be better would having deployables be destructible by something other than a shovel.

No, it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

No, it doesn't.

You're going to make me post video proof aren't you? It does, but the cost in construction points is barely more than the passive gain of a FOB. So unless you are paying attention you don't notice it. But repairing does use points. Just not the nearly as many as it needs to.

5 minutes ago, PolishKruk said:

You're going to make me post video proof aren't you? It does, but the cost in construction points is barely more than the passive gain of a FOB. So unless you are paying attention you don't notice it. But repairing does use points. Just not the nearly as many as it needs to.

Nah, sorry. I thought you meant the ammo.

18 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Nah, sorry. I thought you meant the ammo.

No prob. I guess I read your post incorrectly. Didn't vehicles use ammo at some point? I swear they did. Guess it was too buggy and had to be removed.

9 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

I've been saying this for so long! Let us use HE to destroy emplacements from range and we will stop seeing them placed on the front.

I've also started wondering about making repair crates have a global limit. Say if a team could only place three or four repair crates across the entire map then we wouldn't see them constantly placed at a forward FOB.

Yeah, a global limit might be called for down the line. Or make them more limited in how many repair points they hold and by needing resupply more often, it would be harder to keep many of them operational. 

11 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

Totally agree. Lots of good ideas in here. I think even implementing every suggestion wouldn't be too harsh to be honest:

• Global limit
  • "Health" that can be damaged by explosives
  • Higher resource cost for repairs/rearming
  • (My addition) A higher build cost for the structure (600-1000?)

I think they're a very cool gameplay element, but I feel like they are far too easy to use for the massive benefit that they provide (don't have to RTB 2+ Km to main base)

Make crew get out to activate a repair status.

Edited by Major Trouble

5 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Make crew get out to activate a repair status.

And dig with shovels :)

We really need spanners 

6 minutes ago, Smee said:

And dig with shovels :)

We really need spanners 

Go into container, pick up a spanner and use it on the vehicle. As you repair supply points decrease. The more repairs required the more points used up. If you leave the area the spanner is gone. Players won't feel so safe camping out in a front line repair station and the vehicle will be vulnerable instead of combat effective during repairs.

I don't know why you should be able to sit inside a vehicle and have it magically repaired by pixies anyway. Even Battlefield requires player interaction.

15 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

No need for that. You just price construction of Repair Stations and the cost of repairing appropriately, which will naturally bring about an equilibrium of how many can be supported by a team based on the effectiveness of their logistics and the strategy chosen. Players will have to balance building and supplying Repair Stations against HABs, Weapons Emplacements, and so on. A team that does not go vehicle heavy can just forgo using a lot of resources on Repair Stations, instead getting more HABs for their infantry, and ensuring a lot of ammo dumps. A vehicle heavy team can rely less on HABs in favor of vehicle transport for infantry, spending more resources on repairs and rearming of vehicles.

This way you have multiple approaches to a situation, and your team's skill in a variety of areas will directly affect the outcome of the match. If you just start throwing around global limits on stuff, you just end up making gameplay repetitive.

Maybe make the container big enough where the vehicle has to pull into it, thus blocking its view from firing while repairing. Like a garage style repair station.