Pvt. Lewis

What do we have to do to get this modders content in official game?

Seriously!! A-10s? This is amazing. Imagine the various types of aircraft runs that could be made if this feature is picked up by the main devs! Even small maps will be able to have  Air vehicular presence in the form of scripted call-ins! Whoever did this, beautiful work! And the sounds!!! That's the perfect sound of the a-10 gun. 

well first, be patient and wait for the "Commander" role to be added for this to actually be useful ingame

12 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Seriously!! A-10s? This is amazing. Imagine the various types of aircraft runs that could be made if this feature is picked up by the main devs! Even small maps will be able to have  Air vehicular presence in the form of scripted call-ins! Whoever did this, beautiful work! And the sounds!!! That's the perfect sound of the a-10 gun. 

check out the comments on that video.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, _randombullet said:

check out the comments on that video.

if this is their final solution... this is just disappointing. better nothing at all than some AI-crap. the beauty of combined arms is there only when everything is player-controlled.

lets remove APC's cuz they're bad for performance, and spawn AI strykers out of nowhere to shoot some people and then vanish into 4th dimension.

Edited by lisasu

21 minutes ago, lisasu said:

if this is their final solution... this is just disappointing. better nothing at all than some AI-crap. the beauty of combined arms is there only when everything is player-controlled.

lets remove APC's cuz they're bad for performance, and spawn AI strykers out of nowhere to shoot some people and then vanish into 4th dimension.

Yeah, I hope we get player controlled stuff too. The beauty of calling in CAS in PR is in not knowing if the target will still be there when CAS strikes, if your laze will stay or you need to relaze, if jet gets intercepted, misses the target, if there's a counter-laze etc. This just removes all the dynamics.

Sure sounds and looks great though, very well done.

It's very well done. However if it's not player controlled it's like a CoD kill streak reward. 

Looks like a new person will be on the dev team ;D

Need both AI and player boost, got to love the sounds. sends a chill :) 

This guys has some great stuff on his YT channel. I think there's at least one thing that could be implemented fairly soon... Trip mines feature is nice. The door destruction is also nice as long as they can get past the current server cost issues. I'm on the fence w/the AI controlled jet strike (while the development and showcase is absolutely awesome), i would personally prefer player controlled vehicles (my subjective view on all vehicles). 

Personally I think everything about Squad supports Helicopter gameplay, and not anything fixed wing.

A transport helicopter and light attack helicopter would be amazing.

Very limited availability of course.

As long we are able to Shot them down, I don't care what is introduced...

Helicopters should fill the empty aero space on game for now. Jets only after a few more years on very large scale map with many assets like main battle tanks, aa etc.

Chora is a very nice flat land for attack and trans helicopters for example. It will be great to fly around and search for fob to attack from the air.

On one side there are people who want this thing implemented straight away, on the other people hating on a modder.
maxresdefault.jpg

I would take this Airstrike over any off-map artillery support any day of the week.

Yes the plane isn't player controlled... but if a squadleader with a laser needs to mark the target and stay with it and a commander needs to approve and confirm the airstrike - thats enough teamwork for me to say it fits into the game. nobody says it should happen often or even in every game. but it could be neat to have :)

I want to fly...the team needs to have a pilot to rescue when he parachutes out and ejects....maybe we can have both?  A call in that is not player controlled when there is no pilot in a seat and when there is a pilot he does the real thing...

Guys I hate to say it, but having scripted sequences like this is likely our only reality for seeing the a-10 and other planes in the main game. The devs never said fixed wing aircraft were on their agenda... :(

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Guys I hate to say it, but having scripted sequences like this is likely our only reality for seeing the a-10 and other planes in the main game. The devs never said fixed wing aircraft were on their agenda... :(

Things can certainly change, but the image below is from the kickstarter campaign. Personally, I think jets, especially air superiority fighters, have no place in a squad level game.

Calling in an Airstrike would be cool, but dogfighting in an F35 over a Squad sized combat area seems out of place.

ed715ad466de6dead24768a6eeb9ce53_origina

Edited by eggman

The sounds and effects are awesome. But since its just an AI, its not interesting at all. We need real people piloting the CAS and Air superiority jets.

Posted (edited)

AI controlled...Nah!.

latest?cb=20070425070816

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX