ISKT Staff

INTERNATIONAL SQUAD KNOCKOUT TOURNAMENT

-MG   
3 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

ISKT

We played a French team today and had 300+ pings. Inexcusable

Worse then us, we had 250. 

plissken   

It was either that or post-poning the match. The server you guys were scheduled to play on, was down unfortunately. Another server you guys couldve used was already taken, since we had three ISKT matches scheduled yesterday. We tried to get you guys a third server which wouldve been better, but that wasnt possible either, so you guys was playing on a Swedish server, which explains the bad ping for the NA players. It sometimes gets tricky when trying to arrange a international tournament with teams from across the globe, sometimes stuff like this happens.

Rest assured, we do our best to provide you guys the best servers possible.

Why not keep US vs US and EU vs EU until the winners face each other for a final? Just curious. Even the pings are a pain in the ass, i appreciate you guys making this happen, i do understand its hard.

Edited by _randombullet

plissken   

That could have made sense to do, since were just in the group plays now. But it has some challenges when it comes to seeding, in short we would see a lot of NA and EU top-tier and even mid-tier teams probably making it to the pro bracket, but for AU/Oceania we would probably see even top-tier teams not being able to qualify to the pro bracket. This is because they have a disproportionate number of stronger teams in Oceania-area. It would be difficult to keep the tournament fair.

Perhaps we can figure out a way to do intra-continental group plays, while still keeping it fair for all teams involved, for future ISKT tourneys.

Thanks for the feedback. GL with the rest of your matches!

Edited by plissken

b3n556   

Well for the match we played it was played on both NA and EU servers so we got a round where we had excellent ping and they had a round with excellent ping so it's still even I think. I'd rather not play on a server that has high ping but it's not unplayable. That's the compromise currently with this game for international competition. I don't know how else you would get around it at the moment because even if you stuck with NA competing vs NA and vise versa with EU, you will eventually be getting to the matches with at least one round being high ping. Side note: This is just my personal opinion, but I think Yeho shouldn't be in the competitive play map rotations with 25 v 25. After seeing the results from all the matches played, its who gets the rush first and they all ended in BLOWOUTS. Once a team cuts off the other team by rushing the second cap of the enemy team its very hard to take back being how open and large the map is especially with 25 players. Only two games played in the tourny on this map ended with below 700 ticket diff while all the rest were 800+ ticket diff; so even the "close" games was a team winning by a margin of 300+ tickets each round. Maybe replace that map to a smaller map that's not so big and open would result in a better quality competitive play for 25 v 25 and better quality matches to watch. 

The moment many of you competitive Squad fans have been waiting for, is finally upon us. We are now taking applications for new sign-ups for our inaugural ISKT-Open League season! Take a chance to show the world that your clan is deserving of joining the best of the best by attempting to become ISKT-O Champions and take a shot at joining our ISKT-Premier League!

LINK