Sign in to follow this  
IRONXBAY

Help! Forum Builders

To anyone with experience starting and managing forums, i'm interested in starting my own for the gaming community I manage, and i'd appreciate some help in terms of where to get started. I don't need anything extravagant, and something simple and most importantly, affordable -- is what im interested in.

I've never built/managed forums before, so could anyone with experience please chime in here?

you can open a mumble server for 5 people if you need something private, then you can upgrade it to 10 or more people with $$.

If you dont mind spending a few bucks for a real good forum software then consider Xenforo.  Powerful, fairly shallow learning curve that I can help you with and lots of great themes and addons.

Buy an affordable domain and slap something like myBB / phpBB / XenForo / Some other solution on it. Most decent domains have a variety of options through their control panel to install some forum software, through an automatic process. 

you can open a mumble server for 5 people if you need something private, then you can upgrade it to 10 or more people with $$.

This has nothing to do with forums though? I already have a Teamspeak 3 server and its running on the VPS im renting from NFO.

Thanks to everybody that has replied with good info so far -- i'll check it all out.

@MURay, i'll probably end up sending you a PM eventually lol

Thanks to everybody that has replied with good info so far -- i'll check it all out.

@MURay, i'll probably end up sending you a PM eventually lol

I will eventually look for it!!  LOL, anytime you are ready M81I will do what I can for you.

I will eventually look for it!!  LOL, anytime you are ready M81I will do what I can for you.

I went with enjin to start things out. probably the quickest and painless way to go for me at this point. working on learning how to customize it all, now.

Yup enjin is fine.  Send me a link once you are up and running so I can take a peek.