Sign in to follow this  
Caterpiller_JSOC

6600k Delid

just got some cool labs liquid ultra in the mail....so i did the delid process and my temperatures dropped by 20 degrees in prime95..went from 4.4ghz stable to 4.7 ghz stable....and i gained almost 20 fps in squad...just wondering if anyone else has done this with success??

Do you mean the 7600K?

I've never heard anyone getting any significant improvements on the Skylake series with delid (2-5 degrees or so), all though that has been on the i7.

I'm going to delid my 7700K, currently getting 5 ghz with around 75-80 in temp, hoping to push that baby to 5.1 / 5.2! :)

Waiting for my de-lid die mate though! So slow delivery in Sweden :(

my 6600k was having issues getting to 4.6ghzafter taking off the ihs, the thermal paste on the die was pretty dried out and basically dust...now i have no thermal limitations and can get to 4.8...only issue now is feedin it enough voltage... currently at 4.7ghz and 1.35 volts and maxes out at 65 degrees in prime95.. using a corsair h110i for cooling

Interesting! My 6700K wasn't over temping at all but couldn't play stable in 4.7 (crashed when video editing).

I might delid it just for funzies and see where I land!