Hotpokkaminny

Capping all the points in AAS should win you the game

Exactly as the title says, it should win you the game. The point of AAS is to advance and secure, once you have capped all the points you have done that and naturally this should result in a victory state.

If the game gets to that stage there is pretty much no way the losing team can come back and the game devolves into shooting in and out of main. Even if you could argue that it is possible to come back from that, the winning team has already completed their objective and they deserve the win. It makes sense from both a gameplay and authenticity perspective.

+1

At least, something needs to be changed about this onesided games which goes on for 20-30 min longer than it needed to.

Think of it as a reward for punishing the opposing teams lack of teamwork. Plus being on the teamwork side that is winning it it kinds unfair to end the game after such hard work was put forth. 

I like the idea. It'd be a good boost of motivation for the losing team too as they'd know it's they last stand against the enemy. 

In a previous version (V4 or V5 I think it was?) If a team capped all of the objectives, they had to hold the last one for like 10-15 minutes.  If they did, the opposing teams tickets drained at an accelerated rate, and your team would win.

I personally liked that implementation, so you're not stuck sitting on the last objective for 30+ minutes.

Posted (edited)

Or when your team has all the flags, the enemy main becomes available to cap. At least the US main has always pretty heavy fortifications that could create intense defense fights.

When the enemy takes the "main" flag, the game ends.

Edited by Maamyyra

Give it a lockout time.

Team Blufor takes the last point and an announcement shows up on the top of the screen:

OPFOR HAS FIVE MINUTES TO REGAIN CONTROL OF FLAG X

They don't cap it? Game over.

In a previous version (V4 or V5 I think it was?) If a team capped all of the objectives, they had to hold the last one for like 10-15 minutes.  If they did, the opposing teams tickets drained at an accelerated rate, and your team would win.

Still the same.

22 hours ago, Verdin said:

It might still be the same, but it feels like too slow of a bleed imo; some rounds drag on for longer than they need to.

I think this heavy bleed dynamic could be augmented with a "recap first objective ticket bonus" gameplay dynamic where a team that has lost all objectives get a substantial ticket bonus if they recap their first objective. Something like a 100 ticket bonus. This would give teams a chance to get back into the game. It could also create situations where a team might run the risk of letting an enemy cap the last objective, then retake it from them for the ticket gain.

Kohat AAS v2 has a dynamic where the US forces capture the last objective, the game ends immediately. I like this, but I also think it could be interesting to have to defend that last objective for the duration of a heavy ticket bleed.

egg