edgeofecho

G3, why is it so hard to use? Any tips?

I've always been a big fan of the gun and I was super excited when G3 is added into the game.

However, I really suck at this gun and just cannot seem to find a way to improve. 

I find the gun hard to use for a few reasons

1. Somehow I just cannot acquire a target clearly with the iron sight

2. huge recoil makes it really hard to connect follow up shots

3. hitting moving target is a nightmare with the iron sights because everything is blocked by the ring

Personally I like hard hitting calibers, but I cannot seem to connect follow up shots like AKs and M4s, so that 2 round kill advantage is just non-existent for me...

Any tips or tricks for using this weapon effectively?

Am I just bad at the gun or is the gun actually not that great in its current state?

Imagine the large circle is like a AA gun sight, you don't to worry to much other than get the large circle over the target it will hit pretty straight on single shot.  With repeating shots just let the shudder of the body be your guide once that stops shot again, if you don't your be shooting wild, its quite fast once you get used to it.  I like the G3 it feels like you connect when you hit. 

With auto, 3-4 round bursts, anything more and you have to be standing next to the target the top/right drift is massive.

Suggest that you go to the rifle range, adminchangemap  and then adminunlockkits  and let rip with the G3 to get a good feel, 5 mins should be enough to learn the sound,(sound best guide) as always laydown, max fatigue, right click and shift. Bob's your uncle. straight rounds.  Would really love the sight you used to have with PR as MEC but will dream on.  

happy gaming

Its the worst weapon in the game currently. That recoil is so bad, allah almighty. Please buff it. 

I f'd up, it's the worst gun after SKS.. yeee

Edited by Marijuanoz

11 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

Its the worst weapon in the game currently. That recoil is so bad, allah almighty. Please buff it.

It's not that bad. Extremely potent in close quarters if you learn to rapid fire in single fire, at medium distance it's quite potent still too, in single fire.

It's the third hardest hitting rifle in the game, at 84 damage to the torso. Only rifles that out damage it, are the SVD & M110.

What I find useful is putting it on automatic and pulling down hard as I shoot.

2 hours ago, Marijuanoz said:

I f'd up, it's the worst gun after SKS.. yeee

lol no, the SKS is a great weapon. Probably one of my most used weapons behind the standard M4 ironsights. 

Now, saying the DM's rifles are the worst guns in the game would be more accurate. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

I love the G3, especially at long ranges. Just gotta be patient with your shots because of the large amount of recoil.

The front post on the sight is also one of my favorites in the game. So much easier to see than the AK's front sight post. I would agree, however, that the ring is a bit obtrusive. 

Actually the weapon itself in real life has huge amount of recoil. Also it has 4 sights especially the V back sight can be used for cqb. But sadly we cannot change mechanical sights or zero the optics.

İf you are going to choose that weapon just shoot auto and pray on cqb or take some time after each shoot :D

That thing is as useless as it get's. I got killed in basrah yesterday by a US who was untop of the stairs.....as i watched my demise happen while my bullets where going around his silhouet i got pin point sprayed by an m4. I mean, okay it's a different gun, that probably has a slight different gun recoil. But the character doesn't seem to have any muscles in it's left arm when firing that gun. 

As SL love it, rips through the enemy  it only feels like pin point from the enemy. Sure you didn't exchange, one wound is enough to force bleeding.. 

2 hours ago, -MG said:

That thing is as useless as it get's. I got killed in basrah yesterday by a US who was untop of the stairs.....as i watched my demise happen while my bullets where going around his silhouet i got pin point sprayed by an m4. I mean, okay it's a different gun, that probably has a slight different gun recoil. But the character doesn't seem to have any muscles in it's left arm when firing that gun. 

That there is the reason intermediate cartridges were invented. G3 cartridge is far too powerful to hit anything specific with fullauto fire.

10/10 for realism, working as intended.

Edited by tatzhit

I like the G3, aswell as the SKS, since V10. The recoil or perhaps the animation, makes it unplayble at less than 40 frames.