IronComatose

How complex will Squad's penetration system become? What do you guys want to see?

Title says it all.

Question to the devs; what are the plans for the penetration system and ballistics in general? In game weapons look real and sound real, can we expect them to behave realistically at some point?

Question to the community; what would you guys like to see? What experiences with penetration have you had?

Personally, I'm still waiting for the moment my squad walks past a house, gets ambushed, and turns the place into Swiss cheese with the knowledge that our rounds are actually doing what they're supposed to do. I know that situation is possible with some in-game objects and small arms, but maybe it's not clear enough as I have yet to see someone take advantage of it in game.

Penetration behaves in a pretty realistic manner so far.

Certain wooden houses and wooden parts of houses can be penetrated by small arms. Majority of - if not all fences, wooden and metal can be. Static objects like barrels, bins & destroyed cars too.

All come's down to the weapon caliber. 

I want it to see something as in depth as Arma's system.

Ricochets and all.

I think way forward would be to work on the bullet penetration to be more consistent. The green fences on niva lower/upper on Gorodok are very treacherous. Some times bullets go through, sometimes they wont. And when they dont, youve just given away your exact position for nothing.

Also, it feels pretty unpredictable which wood houses can be shot through, and which cant, on niva lower and upper. The 2-story buildings (red and ble one) can be wallbanged, but the rest of the buildings in those areas cant be shot through. Just feels a bit random.

Another thing would be to make anything that looks flimsy, penetrable. Like door and window frames. 

Basically, dont have the game punish you for trying to shoot through something that by all accounts shouldve been penetrable (based on how it looks, and based on experience with game, "a similar building was penetrable, so this one should be penetrable, too").

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for; a more natural/real feel to it instead of having to keep track of what can and can not be penetrated.

All this is not to bash the game or anything btw. Just for discussion.