Kraus

Can Server Admins forbidden SL to Rush the first Flag

Kraus   

Hello All,

Can Server Admins forbidden SL to Rush the enemy first Flag at the beginning of new Round?

Edited by Kraus

Smee   

Server rules are at the digression of the Admin. Always different.  Think admin banning you rushing your own flag is a bit much lol.  sorry joke

Kraus   

Why did the devs dont forbidden to rush?

1 minute ago, Smee said:

Server rules are at the digression of the Admin. Always different.  Think admin banning you rushing your own flag is a bit much lol.  sorry joke

it means the enemy first flag sorry :)

5 minutes ago, Kraus said:

I ask that Question because at some Server you will be kick than you Rush at the Beginning of the Round

Yep...server admins can run their servers as they please.

every opinion is valid, but personally, I disagree.

Server owners should be able to set their own rules as they please, as long as they are within a certain frame that is set by the developer.

This speaks for the licensed servers, of course.

Agree with invisible on this one. Part of what keeps people running dedicated servers is their ability to make them what they want. I would imagine once we get modding, you'll see a lot of vast and varied servers and I'll look forward to it. 

Edited by CMYKMatter

Para   

Why would the enemy not rush the first flag? this is a virtual war game.. there are no rules.

40mmrain   

IF rushing is so powerful that it needs to be banned, it's usually a design flaw of the map. Maps like OP first light facilitate rushing, but that doesn't mean the rushing is overpowered. You just ****ing fight back, send a superior force or counter-rush. If rushers win on maps like that, the other team deserved to lose. I will say though, some rushes are broken due to map design. FOr example the americans rushing refinery on Basrah is utterly broken, as long as they're successful the game literally ends right there and then due to the east, west, and north being totally non-viable attack vectors, and locking down just one direction is effortless as a defender.

Admins can ban it all they want, but the fact they are is a red flag for some map modifications to be done.

Edited by 40mmrain

Aside from the uber nerdy ARMA this is basically the only game on the market in this genre that doesn't stifle your freedom of movement with overly restrictive environments and linear gameplay that Novalogic's Delta Force series pioneered. Thats really the only reason I've got 1100 hours into the game because usually every day somebody does something different and no two games are the same.

That said, if you carefully analyze the game from an overall perspective you quickly realize that it is in fact more of a strategy game than a conventional shooter because people certainly don't play this game for its 10 year old game mechanics, physics and graphics thats for sure. If anything depending on the map Squad is more like 3D Star Trek chess that COD or Battlefield. 

So yeah, to make it a rule that you can't rush the opposing teams first capture points not only destroys the main positive feature of the game but it stifles further creative gameplay on many levels. Needless to say, it just ends being the instructions on the back of the shampoo bottle "Shampoo, Rinse & Repeat"....

RevolT   
10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Aside from the uber nerdy ARMA this is basically the only game on the market in this genre that doesn't stifle your freedom of movement with overly restrictive environments and linear gameplay that Novalogic's Delta Force series pioneered. Thats really the only reason I've got 1100 hours into the game because usually every day somebody does something different and no two games are the same.

That said, if you carefully analyze the game from an overall perspective you quickly realize that it is in fact more of a strategy game than a conventional shooter because people certainly don't play this game for its 10 year old game mechanics, physics and graphics thats for sure. If anything depending on the map Squad is more like 3D Star Trek chess that COD or Battlefield. 

So yeah, to make it a rule that you can't rush the opposing teams first capture points not only destroys the main positive feature of the game but it stifles further creative gameplay on many levels. Needless to say, it just ends being the instructions on the back of the shampoo bottle "Shampoo, Rinse & Repeat"....

++++++++ 

Rybec   

It only works when the enemy team lets it work.

I played an Al Basrah match a couple hours ago where our squad of insurgents took over the Village point because ZERO Americans came to it.

None.

A couple minutes later a humvee showed up and then we had a few people fighting us for it but we held the point the entire round. If they really wanted that point back they could've sent more than one squad at it at any point.

desen   

Rushing ist very risky, If it Works and the Rest If the Team spawns offensive the benefits could be great. If The enemy caught you at an early stage of The rushing Plan, he can give you an good ass-whopping which often will lead to a huge drawback for your whole Team.

I Like rushing, but what i more Like is to destroy rushing enemy Teams.

After a couple of games on a map you get a Feeling where The enemy could be at that time and what he wanna do next.

gshAT   

on official servers i think its questionable to forbid any strategic aspect/tactic of the game unless under specific circumstances like low player population.

what would help more i think would be a clarification of how the flag system/ticket system really works

the official wiki quote

" Ticket Bleed: Owning more CPs than the opposing team will begin to incur a slight bleed penalty; the more CPs owned, the more bleed the opposing team incurs "

is a little bit misleading

after a lot of hours i still wasnt sure and after a test on al basrah-aas & paas it works like

"if you own more than the half of all the flags"

meaning ticket bleeding starts for americans when insurgents cap suburbs and vice-versa

this is important to know

because if the US rushes refinery on AAS succesfully and your not able to cap it back because of them just defending good

it would be a viable tactic to just fortify suburbs

edit\

im just meaning people shouldnt panic because of getting rushed on a flag unless its the ticket-bleed-triggering one

imagine a powerplay on insurgents side until enemy us squad(s) leave refinery or die there because of boredom

so let them have the oil - but not your home

at least on al basrah AAS. on PAAS which has 6 flags you should make sure to cap refinery and/or make sure to counterrush one of their two second flags

still ticketbleeding only triggers when u own more than half of the flags

if people would know that or understand that there could be some interesting matches.

actually

while testing this i stumbled upon a different interesting thing:

a humvee is blown up after two insurgent-rockets

if you hit it once then cap a flag (meaning let some time go by) and shoot it again its not going to blow up ...

anyone knows why or how this dmg system works or has a explanation for it?

Edited by gshAT

On the subject of forbidding rushing I still find it seriously disconcerting as the game progression continues from patch to patch that several servers feel the need each time to impose their own additional rules to Squad. To me this seems quite illogical and seriously ridiculous to be honest. I understand the party line blah blah blah... it's their dime etc. however it still doesn't make it right.

For consistency across the board the rules for Squad should be built into the game. Regardless of their time in the game people should know what to expect from the game itself regardless of the server and not have to summon some cryptic Discord page and play "Where's Waldo" to find some supplemental rules. 

And unless the rules are built into Squad we could see exponential growth of this nonsense with layer after layer of secondary rules clouding and obscuring the functionality and freedom of the game itself.

There is a popular server that enforces this rule. I dont visit that server anymore. Plenty of well admin servers with zero silly rules to join. War is meant to be fought dirty.

Psyrus   
5 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

War is meant to be fought dirty.

And yet games are meant to be fun :) Preferably for all the players, not just the people who rush every round and create either a boring ass stalemate or a predictable start of every single game. 

Just now, Psyrus said:

And yet games are meant to be fun :) Preferably for all the players, not just the people who rush every round and create either a boring ass stalemate or a predictable start of every single game. 

Boring is taking points one by one until you meet in the middle. Just my 2c

Psyrus   
1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

Boring is taking points one by one until you meet in the middle. Just my 2c

I totally agree with you as well