Heradon

Mainbase anti-baserape border

I was wondering if it was possible to make tinted colored radius around the mainbase which would indicate that you are too close the enemy mainbase. If  you walk within the that border they would get a warning or maybe blur the screen... It would be nice if it was set a default option to the radius that prevent players from trespassing,  but also give the admin the option to increase/decrease radius around mainbase as they wish. The reason I suggest this is because there is always a few people that are trespassing and try to baserape. It would be easier for new players to understand this if this feature was added to the game instead of getting yelled by other players. As now their is no way to know this before someone tell you about it.

there is a dome of defense (DOD) on the mainbases which hostile bullets and players cannot penetrate... so its kinda already there :)

9 minutes ago, Shovely Joe said:

there is a dome of defense (DOD) on the mainbases which hostile bullets and players cannot penetrate... so its kinda already there :)

Yeah, it should just be bigger.

No to  this hand holding it shouldn't be done, the level at present is fine.

Communication with your team should be enough.  If we go down this route what's next, DOD on all spawn locations. Assets at the main bases should be protected only on that no flag loss till they leave the DOD.

well,  i was always against any restrictions but hell, i am no whiny kid, guess that's why.

i remember when i played Battlefield 3 actively any server had it's own questionable rules,

no grenades, no explosives, no snipers, no tanks, no weapon XX...

i always thought this was extremely childish and stupid. i eagerly awaited a server coming up with the rule that

you are getting kicked instantly when killing an enemy player, indeed i was kicked often enough by killing the server admin kid...

while this has nothing to do with baserape directly, i see the term "base rape" in a fairly similar way.

why is the base excluded from the game in the first place?

if a team is good enough to capture all flags then, to be honest the next step would be to "eliminate" the enemy base.

of course it's a bit different when somebody is rushing to the enemy base from the beginning but then again if you are unable to

locate and eliminate this threat then well, it's your incapacity as a player.

nowadays people do not play for fun they play to WIN, at all damn costs.

people try to bend and break games and rules to fit their desired experience instead of learning to

play with anything that's possible within the game, adapt to it and sometimes even FAIL, whihc in my opinion is

not a damn deal breaker. i've had som many games where my team was absolutely DESTROYED, still i had great fun playing and vice versa.

just my 2c, no need for discussion as i know 99% will disagree.

:)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shovely Joe said:

DOD is probably a temporarily solution. I think it's a bad solution, all it does is stretching the time out when in reality the team that have been pushed back to mainbase have lost and are never able to make a come back. Enemies are always standing right outside this doom and butchering everyone that passes the line... It also let people camp with artillery inside the mainbase without being punished, which make no sense.

Edited by Heradon

58 minutes ago, Smee said:

No to  this hand holding it shouldn't be done, the level at present is fine.

Communication with your team should be enough.  If we go down this route what's next, DOD on all spawn locations. Assets at the main bases should be protected only on that no flag loss till they leave the DOD.

Oh stop it. Baseraping is bad and systems need to be put in place to stop it. The Main Base is distinctly different from the player placed spawns in that it is fixed and permanent. If a team is pushed back to their Main, they can ONLY spawn there, and have absolutely no room to maneuver and regain ground on the battlefied. A DOD on the Main Base should be (and is) there to allow the team multiple exits onto the battlefield so that the enemy cannot accurately predict where vehicles will enter and leave the Main Base. If there is no DOD on Main Base, you'll end up with players rushing enemy main, sitting outside easy choke points into and out of the main, and so on.

There's no slippery slope down to DODs on every spawn from here. No good gameplay emerges from being able to baserape.

1 hour ago, FIXXXER said:

why is the base excluded from the game in the first place?

if a team is good enough to capture all flags then, to be honest the next step would be to "eliminate" the enemy base.

of course it's a bit different when somebody is rushing to the enemy base from the beginning but then again if you are unable to

locate and eliminate this threat then well, it's your incapacity as a player.

Main Base is excluded because, as stated above, it's a fixed and permanent spawn point. Teams have no say in setting or moving this spawn point, and the enemy knows where it is, so it is easily to target and camp. The outcome of that is shit gameplay. Consequently, the enemy shouldn't be allowed anywhere close.

Baseraping should not be the end-game, where you have one team being picked off like fish in a barrel for 10-15 minutes. That just leads to a mass of players on the losing team leaving the server, breakdown of organization, and consequently a shit team for the next round, perpetuating the cycle. In PR, you could have a team get pushed back to their main for 3-5 rounds in a row because of this player cycling stopping any kind of organization from happening and everyone lonewolfing as a result.

The only countermeasure is to protect the Main Base and surrounding area constantly, but that's just not a good use of manpower, and obviously very boring gameplay, so that's not going to happen.

main base protection shouldn't exits at all. just make enemy in radius of main visible on map as if there is satellite monitoring and provide lots of emplacements in the main. perfect place for mortars with a short range. Add automatic markers for mines etc when they are added.

Let people attack but make it really hard for them to survive, you could even go as far as giving no penalty for a death in your own main.

Edited by suds

Protection should work in both ways. (with FF as well)

1. You cannot shoot enemies and they cannot shoot you

2. This will eliminate TK's at base

Edited by Maamyyra

TartanTyco is right. The DOD should be left alone as he provided excellent points. Also, people on the winning team that are outside the enemy main who have all the capture points should not be complaining about them using arty out of their main. You won and your'e destroying them, so why does it matter what they use and what you can't at that point. 

Edited by b3n556

Ha!. I'd just hope there will be a Server with No bars hold.

Coming from JointOperation we'd a few this sneaky little critters,loved sending them home in bodybags.

Come on Pansy's let's all Rape eachothers Bases.:D

8 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Ha!. I'd just hope there will be a Server with No bars hold.

Coming from JointOperation we'd a few this sneaky little critters,loved sending them home in bodybags.

Come on Pansy's let's all Rape eachothers Bases.:D

HOOAH!

Hell yeah, pitch a tent and camp the enemy main base, picking off anyone who spawned to get a vehicle.  You could effectively reduce the opposing team to infantry only...almost assured victory!  If they don't do the same to you....

New game meta...forget rushing the opposing teams first objective, rush their main.

lol

11 minutes ago, SSIXS said:

HOOAH!

Hell yeah, pitch a tent and camp the enemy main base, picking off anyone who spawned to get a vehicle.  You could effectively reduce the opposing team to infantry only...almost assured victory!  If they don't do the same to you....

New game meta...forget rushing the opposing teams first objective, rush their main.

lol

HOOAH!....I Like it,like it alot....

Wanna play a Base Rape Game?/Thats the spirit my man.

JoinOpsmark2..Old .RD gonna get ya!. xD

Reminds me of the issue of "camping main" people have on the INS V USA kohat layer. To get Chakar kot go from the back by the USA first flag and come from behind. 

So many server admins consider that camping main, which the us main is on top of the hill in a protective zone, which the us shoot from said hill at the opposing hill next to the 2nd cap, which we aren't allowed to kill or we will be kicked. 

I think the camping main thing is not even possible as it has main base protection so the argument is invalid.