Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DARRINM03

Just purchased

Hey everyone, just started playing this game today. Been spending a bit of my time in the firing range, no real matches yet. Don't want to ruin everyone elses experience just randomly joining and not knowing what I'm doing. I would love to join up with some of you that don't mind training me up. I'm a US Air Force Special Operations weapons instructor and the real life skills def do not translate into PC gaming. I'm also rocking a basic/crappy setup for PC gaming, as far as mouse goes, which I will be upgrading soon, but I just recently started up on PC gaming, other than just modding GTA and things like that. Like I said, I would love to get spun up by anyone willing to take a new guy out and show him the ropes.

We all started from 0 buddy trust me.

You need to join a cool server thats all that people would help you and all.

And i suggest firstly playing as a simple rifleman and take it from there.

Think you going to love it personally.  Suggest you find the Clan based servers in US. they are normally better than just open servers and have more community based feel. Look forward to hearing what you think after 100 hrs. Get off the firing range and have some fun.   

Honestly just jump in, join a squad and mention you're new to the game. If people act like dicks - find another squad.

You may be surprised by the amount of people willing to spend time helping others in this game.

44 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

Honestly just jump in, join a squad and mention you're new to the game. If people act like dicks - find another squad.

You may be surprised by the amount of people willing to spend time helping others in this game.

I was thinking about doing this. I know once I become experienced I'm going to love helping new people and teach them up, its practically my job in real life. I'm sure situational awareness will be terrible at first but, I'm about to hop into my first match here in a minute and give it whirl. I'll report back with how badly I did

Welcome! Don't be shy or afraid to tell your Squad Leader that you're fresh blood, most of the seasoned SL's love helping new players out. Hopefully your first match is a memorable one. :D

Very nice! I was going to be USAFSO, but I injured my back, so out permanently. Couldn't decide though if I wanted to do Para Rescue or Combat Air Control. Find me on Steam |TG-Irr| Asta85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours have passed and no report.. either he's still on the battlefield or recovering from shell shock...
Hope you had a good one, welcome aboard!

10 hours ago, SgtHerhi said:

13 hours have passed and no report.. either he's still on the battlefield or recovering from shell shock...
Hope you had a good one, welcome aboard!

haha well, I realized my headset from my xbox didn't carry over to the PC so I went out today and grabbed a steelseries rival 100 mouse, which makes a TREMENDOUS difference from a small 5 year old logitec mouse. But because the headset wasn't working, I could barely hear my squad through the computer speakers when the "defecation hit the rotating oscillator". And I'm pretty sure I pissed some of them off. And came into contact with an enemy about 25m away who didn't see me, but since it was the first time encountering one, I held off the trigger, he turned, and smoked me lol. BUT, the good news is, is that I still had fun, so I'm sure it will be a blast when I know what I'm doing.

19 hours ago, asta85 said:

Very nice! I was going to be USAFSO, but I injured my back, so out permanently. Couldn't decide though if I wanted to do Para Rescue or Combat Air Control. Find me on Steam |TG-Irr| Asta85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUDE, just found you on Steam, and believe it or not, I used to work at the Ft. Worth Police Dept and am originally from Grand Prairie.

Welcome! I would love to be able to play with you in game sometime.

Gotta get your hands dirty by getting in the match and trying things out :D.