Para

Poll - Al Basrah night map version // Thoughts

Al Bashra Night Map? Poll.   43 members have voted

1. 1. Al Bashra Night Map?

• YES PLEASE - Tracers wold be epic
    • NO THANKS - People hate the difficulty

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you like a night version of this map? I think it would be amazing, but I know a lot of people dont like them. Personally I love the Chora night map.

Will never ever happen, i placed the lighting from Logar night and you couldnt see a single thing in all the buildings. You'd need a light in each house / room and that would effect performance.

Chora's night lighting is the same case.

RbCG28z.png

LhjBHAC.png

As with all night maps: there's another argument for voting 'NO' then difficulty

People turning their gamma all the way up, inside or outside the game. I have seen some of those SweetFX or Reshade settings, lighting up the entire map as if it's simply a cloudy day instead of night. Basically cheating to me, when other people are playing in pitch black darkness

The problem is, that people just turn their gamma on 3.0 and play it like a daylight map

That's a shame.... tac lights.. cough ... tac lights :) Still a great map.

Maybe one day we could have a night vision "mod" or something implemented  by the Devs. I would love to see two conventional forces i.e the Russians vs U.S fight it out with both night vision capabilities. Or equally exciting would be to see this against the less modern forces like the insurgents. It forces a different play style which is also fun. I know this will probably won't happen but would be awesome if it did!  Loving the new map @ChanceBrahh  :D 

Dusk/Dawn layer please B|

Less direct lighting, but not dark enough to have the issue with the buildings etc that Chance pointed out.

11 minutes ago, BLITZA said:

Dusk/Dawn layer please B|

Less direct lighting, but not dark enough to have the issue with the buildings etc that Chance pointed out.

Oh god, the insurgent´s would have even bigger advantages over the US with fog on the map... I would like it though :P

Im sure those that are on basrah discord have seen it but for those that havent this was a 2nd lighting i was trying to create but had trouble with the shadows matching up so i scrapped it gave it to the devs incase they decide to add a second lighting they could add it.

qEJWSf6.jpg

Great idea/topic if it can be pulled off. A lot of creative minds on this DEV team, I'm sure they'll come up with a solution given some time and/or engine updates. One thing I thought about regarding building interior lighting was instead maybe light the outside of building with exterior flood lights... like you see on some commercial/residential buildings.. It could provide limited ambient interior lighting if close placement to a window (limiting the idea of entry except snipers, maybe), but creating minor cast. This plus street lights in certain areas may increase general outdoor lighting in certain areas, without adding so many interior lights.  

Image result for building flood lights at night     

Second thought was will there be an update to vehicle; functional headlights for dusk/dawn/night maps. This could push teams to use vehicles to transport to town/populated areas, while also increasing ambush opportunities and defensive travel teamwork. Could really change things up only if doable and practical.

Yes please.... 

Why can't we've Moonlight?. It would be so romantic ...

83312784.gif

Posted (edited)

HOW ABOUT NIGHT VISION AND LASERS? opps caps sorry got excited.

On a side note, is it just my rig but some of the maps seem overly bright, almost white are burnt out (video term) the clothing seems overly bright even after adjusting gamma.

Edited by Para

No full on night night please, but low light would be cool. 

People white washing their screen with gamma etc etc

Without NODs its not gonna be fun playing night games.