Pvt. Lewis

Any specific small arms you'd love to see?

91 posts in this topic
On 4/15/2017 at 9:36 AM, Hotpokkaminny said:

Universal carriers are still armoured iirc

point is that AM rifles were bad in RO2 because everything had thick armour, but the ability to instantly punch out a humvee engine in Squad would be great

You can't instantly kill a humvee with an RPG in Squad. It takes like 2-3 hits. Currently, 14.5 mm guns take 26 hits to kill a Humvee, and 40 for an APC, if the table on Reddit is correct. Let's say the damage on AM rifle is hugely increased compared to MG and it would only take 10 hits to kill Humvees and 20 for APC.
Do you really think any driver would be stupid enough to stick around for 20 hits with an AM rifle?
As I said, annoying to use, annoying to have used against you, ultimately ineffective.

17 hours ago, Nimbus said:

Belt fed: M240, PKM/PKP, MG3 (zee tjermans) something with a bit more punch than the M249. M60 perhaps.
SMG/PDW: MP-5, MP-7, TMP, Uzi, etc. Can be handy for a crewman or medic.

Shotguns! 870, 590A1, M4 Super 90, KS-23, Saiga-12. With the addition of doors/breaching, maybe as a secondary for certain kits.

On the topic of breaching, grenades/explosives: flashbangs, CS, AN/M14, breaching charges, C4, the lot.
Launchers: scrap the M72 Law -> AT4, SMAW, Javelin, Carl Gustav. AGL's sound nice too.
Portable 60/81mm mortars, atop of my wishlist actually.

CZ75, vz. 58, UK vz. 59 for militia.

11 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

I said punch out the engine not destroy

the HP model is only temporary, we're eventually going to have disabling

Exactly. Also possibly stuff like armor pen on humvees and killing the driver.

2 hours ago, Peerun said:

Exactly. Also possibly stuff like armor pen on humvees and killing the driver.

The point is, you can't have AM rifles be more powerful than an RPG.

So unless we have realistic damage (OHK of Humvees by RPGs, for instance), AM rifles would likely need 5+ hits to kill even a Humvee, and 10+ for APC. Under current model, they'd need 10-40 hits for vehicles.

Also, since AM rifles have much longer range and higher velocity than RPGs, IF they are effective, they would simply shut down transport vehicle movement and make large maps unplayable.

Again, I like the idea AM rifles and I'd love to use them on in Squad, but I think they would be a bad thing for overall gameplay.

Edited by tatzhit

2 hours ago, tatzhit said:

- - - bon - - -

Noone is saying under current model.
If you have 1 AM rifle per team and 2+ unarmoured transport vehicles and the hitbox is small and the oneshot hitbox even smaller and there is no optic... do the math.
It'd definitely be a good thing for expansion of the assymetrical part of squad + vehicles can be repaired.

edit: 888th post and its this drivel fck

Edited by Peerun

17 hours ago, tatzhit said:

You can't instantly kill a humvee with an RPG in Squad. It takes like 2-3 hits. Currently, 14.5 mm guns take 26 hits to kill a Humvee, and 40 for an APC, if the table on Reddit is correct. Let's say the damage on AM rifle is hugely increased compared to MG and it would only take 10 hits to kill Humvees and 20 for APC.
Do you really think any driver would be stupid enough to stick around for 20 hits with an AM rifle?
As I said, annoying to use, annoying to have used against you, ultimately ineffective.

You can with the Heavy AT insurgent class using the tandem round. Actually had one of my most enjoyable rounds in Squad lately on Saturday when I took out 2 full Humvees with a Tandem round from ridiculously far away on Al Bashar. (2 separate instances, of course)

Edited by Converge

I'd like to see the scoped rifleman kit removed from Insurgent and replaced with an alternate marksman kit of the AKS-74 or AK-74 with PSO, like the Taliban and Chechen spotter kits had in PR. They said they wouldn't add actual snipers, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a Mosin with PU as an alternate marksman as well. At 3.5x it definitely fits the role of a DM moreso than a sniper.

I'm also waiting to see the sawed-off 870 we saw teased a LONG time ago in-game. I thought it'd fit the raider perfectly, but they went for the PPSH on him.

Lastly other than the obvious PKM/M240 hopes, I'm waiting and hoping for the feature we heard awhile back of being able to go with 40 rounders on the RPK and AKM, 75 round drums on the RPK-74, and 45 rounders for the AK-74/AKS-74/AKS-74u. I really like the way Rising Storm 2 did this on their weapons, where upping the magazine capacity also drops your total combined round count  to a little under what it would be using standard mags.

Agreed and I hope the m60, m249 and pkm is one hit upper body kill! These guns have feel like they are  powerful 

As much as I loved GPMGS in PR (I used PKM as often as possible on Ins/Taliban/Hamas/Syrian, and M60 on Chechens), that's a rough balance to hold. They would have to be borderline unusable while unbipodded and that's not completely accurate, especially with the PKM which is really light in comparison to the others.

Edited by dvsilverwing

6 hours ago, Nimbus said:

CZ75, vz. 58, UK vz. 59 for militia.

It is always fun to use guns in a game that you own. I'd run around in Squad with a cz75 and vz58 all day if I could.

It would be neat for them to have a slot for a different kit like that similar to how insurgents have the G3 slot.

18 minutes ago, Rybec said:

It is always fun to use guns in a game that you own. I'd run around in Squad with a cz75 and vz58 all day if I could.

It would be neat for them to have a slot for a different kit like that similar to how insurgents have the G3 slot.

CoreInv will potentially make those obsolete. No solution for the 58, unless someone makes it and then has a good argument, why Insurgents should have it. Would like to see it aswell, as it's an interesting AK look alike, but not AK at all.

46 minutes ago, Peerun said:

CoreInv will potentially make those obsolete. No solution for the 58, unless someone makes it and then has a good argument, why Insurgents should have it. Would like to see it aswell, as it's an interesting AK look alike, but not AK at all.

It is absolutely fascinating to see out of place weapons in an irregular force. Wouldn't be hard for Czech weapons to find their way a couple countries over.

Quite some WWII gear has been surfacing there lately from what I read.

1 hour ago, Rybec said:

Vz. 58/CZ-858's  are quite popular in Canada I believe?

37 minutes ago, Nimbus said:

Quite some WWII gear has been surfacing there lately from what I read.

Vz. 58/CZ-858's  are quite popular in Canada I believe?

One of the top choices for a modern non-restricted rifle yes.

17 hours ago, Smee said:

Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. :)

Wow a terminator fan! No one else caught that. 

Perhaps not a small arm in terms of size/weight and caliber, but 40mm GMG's would make a very nice addition. Mk.19 or H&K GMG mounted on a Humvee or IFV. Maybe even FOB deployable.

not sure if it has been posted here yet but I would like to see an M4 with a three shot burst for the US like the militia currently have.

^ That'd be awesome for the Insurgent crewman kit, if they get any heavier vehicles.

^ Some armed groups in the Syria are using regular size UZI''s in very limited numbers. It would be nice.

Edited by Marijuanoz

PKM is a must for Insurgents and Russians especially i cant believe they put RPK for the Russian ground forces instead PKM or PKP Pecheneg

And the Insurgents need instead of a Makarov to have some of TT variant

Serbian variant.I even shot with one amazing handgun.

7.62×25mm caliber

Yugo_Tokarev_M57.jpg

Edited by Bahrein