Jump to content
Pvt. Lewis

Any specific small arms you'd love to see?

Recommended Posts

M240 bravo/PKM would be nice, but a 11.3" M4 would be so epic. No added bonus or anything just looks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The M82/M107 needs to find its way into Squad. It was regularly used as CSW by US army in Iraq/Afghanistan and would be a wonderful fire support element within squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pkm
Mg42 or mg3 for insurgents/militia
Mosin nagant/Enfield/kar98 for insmil with one Hit one kill damage at Torso Hits
Scoped g3 for insmil
Tripmines
Bouncing Bettys
Tellermines
Small portable mortars
Suicide belts for insurgents
Suicide Cars for insurgents
Hedgehogs emplacements
Panzerfaust 3 for militia
Old russian cold war aera Tanks for insmil
Truck with mounted heavy twin Maschine guns for insurgents
Shilka for militia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

The M82/M107 needs to find its way into Squad. It was regularly used as CSW by US army in Iraq/Afghanistan and would be a wonderful fire support element within squads.

 

The Dev's have said on multiple occasions that they DO NOT plan on putting that weapon into the game. The marksman class fits the role just fine with a DMR. And plus if you give the US a 50 cal sniper how do you balance that against the other factions? Do they get 50 cal too? I think the game is just fine without it.

 

Personally I'd love to see the m240 for US and PKP for Russians and PKM for INS and REB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still thinks there's room for a powerful, dedicated sniper class that unlocks at a certain point, perhaps 1 per team each round.

 

Just add's that threat into the game but in a very controlled way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MP5

Still remember the muttrah matches where instead of the garbage G3 we would pick up crewman kits and cruise from house to house. Also shotguns.

Edited by ukigumo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I still thinks there's room for a powerful, dedicated sniper class that unlocks at a certain point, perhaps 1 per team each round.

 

Just add's that threat into the game but in a very controlled way.


Exactly. Works in PR, it will work here. It can be done...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maltent said:

 

The Dev's have said on multiple occasions that they DO NOT plan on putting that weapon into the game. The marksman class fits the role just fine with a DMR. And plus if you give the US a 50 cal sniper how do you balance that against the other factions? Do they get 50 cal too? I think the game is just fine without it.

 

Personally I'd love to see the m240 for US and PKP for Russians and PKM for INS and REB. 

 

I'm aware of this, and it's a mistake.

 

The M110 with an ACOG is NOT replacement for an M82 which has a higher muzzle velocity, hits through thicker cover, and would have a much more powerful optic.

 

10 seconds of googling will reveal that regular US army infantrymen use the weapon all the time in combat, it's not a "specs ops only weapon." It would be a unique, useful, realistic, and fun asset to add to the game, and the only reason the devs want to keep it out is because they fear people will misuse and go lone-wolfing around the map. It's easy to create countermeasures to prevent this.

 

As far as balance goes.. not every faction needs to be a perfect mirror of each other. We already have insurgents with techies vs. strykers.. having a rifle the enemy doesn't is trivial in comparison.

Edited by 40mmrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

 

I'm aware of this, and it's a mistake.

 

The M110 with an ACOG is NOT replacement for an M82 which has a higher muzzle velocity, hits through thicker cover, and would have a much more powerful optic.

 

10 seconds of googling will reveal that regular US army infantrymen use the weapon all the time in combat, it's not a "specs ops only weapon." It would be a unique, useful, realistic, and fun asset to add to the game, and the only reason the devs want to keep it out is because they fear people will misuse and go lone-wolfing around the map. It's easy to create countermeasures to prevent this.

 

As far as balance goes.. not every faction needs to be a perfect mirror of each other. We already have insurgents with techies vs. strykers.. having a rifle the enemy doesn't is trivial in comparison.


There's no point debating it. Sniper rifles/sniper roles will not be implemented in Squad. Dev reasoning here
 

On 12/31/2016 at 3:57 AM, Odin said:

 

That is correct. The Marksmen will be getting the correct scopes as soon as the bugs are worked out with them. A sniper is not a normal part of a standard infantry unit as is, and that is what Squad is modeled after. The designated marksman on the other hand is quite commonplace in infantry units.  The entire idea of a true to life sniper class goes against everything that we are trying to create here with Squad and therefore will be excluded. Although I am absolutely sure someone will come out with a mod that adds them in, we won't be added them in for release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dubs said:

There's no point debating it. Sniper rifles/sniper roles will not be implemented is Squad. Dev reasoning here

 

Are the developers brick walls incapable of listening to reasoning? It's a CSW like an M2 or a Javelin that you lug around the battlefield and use as infantry fire support. I fail to see how an M110 is not a sniper but an M82 is. They both play a similar role, but one is just heavier..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:


Exactly. Works in PR, it will work here. It can be done...
 

The way snipers work in PR is usually this - when you actually need a sniper kit for a specific task, you usually can't claim it, because it's in hands of some kid hunting irrelevant frags from a mountain 2km away.

 

@Pvt. Lewis We already have a rather extensive weapons wishlist thread, is it really necessary to create another one just like it?

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 40mmrain said:

 

Are the developers brick walls incapable of listening to reasoning? It's a CSW like an M2 or a Javelin that you lug around the battlefield and use as infantry fire support. I fail to see how an M110 is not a sniper but an M82 is. They both play a similar role, but one is just heavier..


Keep it civil, no point being aggressive. If you want to be heard, keeping things to a civil standard is the best rout to take.

An M110 is a semi automatic sniper, that's what it is. The role within the military it's commonly used for, is by designated marksman. A role which an infantryman has the ability to function within a Squad and provide accurate fire over longer distances, compared to standard Infantry with an M4.

It's not so much about the rifle, but the role which the rifles are apart of. A sniper generally acts individually or in small groups, with the goal of taking out individuals, providing over watch in specific parts of an AO or doing reconnaissance/intel gathering. That part does not fit into what Squad is about. People already use Marksman roles as their personal sniper kit in Squad, And when the M110 & Dragunovs get their proper optics, people will do so even more. Adding a sniper role would just entice individual play even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing should come before shovel melee.

NOTHING!

 

DONnnnnnnnnnnnnnG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see proper shotguns (so many devs put such useless shotguns in their games)

As well as Canadian Weapons (C7 or C8, among others. As a Canadian it feels kinda nice playing as your 'faction')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

Id just like to see suppressors implemented.

But then we couldn't hear the awesome gun sounds. 

 

Did the devs ever confirm if machine gun class would be added? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snipers are a part of combat and should be in the game

"but I don't like the sort of players it attracts" is a shitty excuse

don't care what the devs said either, they initially said there would be sniper and spotter kits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×