♠DEG♠

Vehicle hit indicator

Dear devs please add some sort of vehicle hit indicator for when your in a vehicle and it takes damage aka RPG, lat ,grenade.

It is really hard to tell if the RPG landed close on the ground or actually hit the vehicle when you are inside. 

Would be nice to have something like red hue around the edges of screen or something flash when you get hit or some sort of notification. Maybe it's just me but I have rtb'd countless times thinking IV been struck and no damage to be repaired when I get to a station. 

Think your due diligence in not losing the vehicle should be your indicator. Having an indicator would take away the fear factor, can you take another hit or not. Isn' t burning flames enough of a hint.  Having an indicator would then have the call can we have an indicator for soldiers too. Your skill in the judgement should be your indicator.  

Edited by Smee

Even a noise specific to damage would work, either at the time of impact or after. Creaking/grinding maybe. 

10 hours ago, Smee said:

Think your due diligence in not losing the vehicle should be your indicator. Having an indicator would take away the fear factor, can you take another hit or not. Isn' t burning flames enough of a hint.  Having an indicator would then have the call can we have an indicator for soldiers too. Your skill in the judgement should be your indicator.  

You are right.

And from Tandem rocket you cant go and fix yourself ;-)

11 hours ago, Smee said:

I disagree. As a seasoned driver you have very little information given to you. Considering your only senses is sight and sound (not very well done sound) an indicator would be extremely helpful. There have been many times where I have been engaged by a HMG and all I can hear is light impacts which sound so weak I don't see how it would damage a medium armored vehicle in the first place, also impacts so quiet on the exterior compared to engine/ vehicle noise that you don't really know what is going on until it's too late because armor is really only paper meche right now. With how squishy vehicles are some kind of damage indicator is required. Even RO and Arma 3 which are aimed at being simulations has a damage indicator. Having knowledge of vehicle damage does not call for more indicators for infantry but we already do have indicators. Suppression effects, an effect when you are shot both visually and audibly, bleeding out, and loss of vision at low health already exist which is a lot more than what we get in vehicles.

It will be more obvious once something like localised damage gets worked on, you won't need magical indicators telling you because you'll be hindered in another way. However, smoke/fire is already a good enough indication and you should really pay attention to that. There's no point adding extra indicators to something that will change in the future, especially when most (and I am one of those) experienced drivers are careful with vehicles and it's what sets us apart from the newbies.

Problem is you cannot see the smoke and fire if your the driver of a BTR you have a tiny port hole to see out of you have to rely on sound to determine if your getting hit and as of now you just can't tell. Even some suppression effect of some kind will work im all for minimum HUD and realism but I think this needs to be addressed someway...btw not only can the driver not see the smoke and fire if engaged by a mg there is none untill it's to late.

Definitely need a different, more obvious sound when the vehicle gets hit by an AT round.

I want those low health alarms from PR back, and visual queues like a little smoke at 75%, sparks at 50%. Alarms reserved for 25% or some other number that means you could die from the next hit. 

What would be great is if vehicle with lets say some damage make some additional noise when role. Like "scrape, crackling, metal marrow, the hiss of steam, catcalls or whistling wind in holes in armor" . That driver/gunner could have feel "oh my god there is something wrong with vehicle something terrible terrible wrong" (if this is possible)

but like @Assifuah said we will have better hit detection and some obvious damages.

But sounds is one big victory of this game and mean a lot for immersion for whole community. Its new level of whole FPS gaming because even fearless people say when bullets start whizzing around they hit dirt. So suppression realy work. Metal "bjong" noise when frag RPG hit BTR is one of best sound in game. Eargasmic. so some damage sounds could create real "vehicle suppression" feels. 

If I can tell when a pebble hits my car in real life, I should be able to tell when a rocket hits my vehicle in game.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, fatalsushi said:

Definitely need a different, more obvious sound when the vehicle gets hit by an AT round.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:45 AM, Chompster said:

No visual indicator, but a sound indicator would be nice.

HEY Amazing sound guy please this! 

The indicator might be a bit much but yea something like a metallic DING impacty sound for when you get hit by rocket/heavy MG.and a squeeling sound or something when it's damg past 50% and engine is on/being driven

Edited by ♠DEG♠
Add text

Theres an indicator in the bottom right of the screen now. 

On 11/04/2017 at 7:10 PM, LugNut said:

Even a noise specific to damage would work, either at the time of impact or after. Creaking/grinding maybe. 

This is more realistic.

8 hours ago, Smee said:

Is there an indicator since last update ? Never payed attention to it but i think it sucks because IRL you don't feel the vehicle like it's your body.

Talking about this, i'd like to have a crouch/stand up/crawl indicator because you feel it IRL so it got to be in the UI.

10 hours ago, Smee said:

No sh*t? I never noticed I'll have to pay more attention now thanx

12 hours ago, WorstNoobEVER said:

Is there an indicator since last update ? Never payed attention to it but i think it sucks because IRL you don't feel the vehicle like it's your body.

Last patch added a health bar in the same style as the stamina bar for infantry. In real life, you'd know if you got hit by a frag round or an AT round, or a near miss vs a direct hit, because you'd have bits of shrapnel flying around the crew compartment, damaged modules, transmission wouldn't be working, you'd be half deaf, etc.

None of that's in the game right now and so it makes sense to add some kind of mechanic to substitute for the lack of sensory input.

On 14/05/2017 at 1:31 PM, Kerri said:

Last patch added a health bar in the same style as the stamina bar for infantry. In real life, you'd know if you got hit by a frag round or an AT round, or a near miss vs a direct hit, because you'd have bits of shrapnel flying around the crew compartment, damaged modules, transmission wouldn't be working, you'd be half deaf, etc.

None of that's in the game right now and so it makes sense to add some kind of mechanic to substitute for the lack of sensory input.

That's why i agreed for the sound of a damaged vehicle.

Intercom in unisex voice telling you about the condition of your vehicle and what sort of damage it took. "Driver, tire hit a 10 inch stone, the vehicle flew into the air and landed on its roof. Vehicle burning. Please relocate to the rescue pod immediately."

I wouldn't mind a suppression effect when a vehicle takes damage as opposed to near misses. The larger the damage the greater the suppression effect. It's then down to the crew to decide to retreat when they estimate if they've taken enough. Definitely remove the damage indicator though.

OWI added health indicator. It is a very bad decision, which reduces a skill gap between good players and bad players:

Which isn't a good thing. And we all know that developers are fans(probably the most ardent) of Battlefield 2, which had biggest skill gap between players in all FPS games until Squad.

Delete health bar, so good players can count health of their vehicles by number of RPGs they ate, number of rounds they took by enemy BTR/Stryker/.50 cal/whatever.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:02 AM, Major Trouble said:

I wouldn't mind a suppression effect when a vehicle takes damage as opposed to near misses. The larger the damage the greater the suppression effect. It's then down to the crew to decide to retreat when they estimate if they've taken enough. Definitely remove the damage indicator though.

You have an effect when you get hit. You get a specific sounds when you get hit, which you can't be confused with other sounds, when you actually know what you're doing.