Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TwistedSunshine

The OP stryker.

Posted (edited)

Stryker armor coming in at a whopping 14.5mm

Heat coming in with a penetration level of 500mm. 

Stryker is hit.... hit again.... hit again..... .. hit again? ALRIGHTY THEN. 

PS I've just learned all lightly armored vehicles behave this way. Surely this cannot be working as intended?

Edited by TwistedSunshine

Stryker needs 4 heat rockets to be taken down. That means 2 LAT guys need to cooperate and coordinate with each other. You also got HAT that 1 kills every vehicle and SPG techies. As always: gameplay > realism

25 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

Stryker needs 4 heat rockets to be taken down. That means 2 LAT guys need to cooperate and coordinate with each other. You also got HAT that 1 kills every vehicle and SPG techies. As always: gameplay > realism

You use the reason gameplay > realism, yet 4 rockets to a lightly armored vehicle is not fun nor does it make sense. If you are dumb enough to get shot by an rpg then you should suffer a consequence. 

Yes, the Strykers have very light armor and would not stop an RPG.  At all.  

If you want to give any vehicles in this build any sort of protection and valid reasoning to take 3 RPG's to kill they would ALL need to have RPG cages on them.  

I've been in many vehicle grave yards over seas and seen the damages with stained and it needs some tuning to be more realistic.  

An RPG would also go through a humvee with no RPG cage.  Factor in these rockets are designed for tanks... t80's, t70's.  

Also the LAW rocket system is out dated and needs to be replaced with the AT4 as that is what the US uses currently.  

There is no training with LAW's.  

There are few things that are not corret in your #1 post.

1.) Stryker armor thickness is not 14.5mm. It is resistant to russian 14.5 x 114mm which means it is atleast equivalent to 40mm RHA(pen. value of 14.5x114).

2.) RPG-7 PG-7 warhead has pen. value of 280mm RHA.

IRL the damage done to a vehicle by a HEAT warhead depends on quite a few parameters (projectile size/shape/velocity/eplosives, angle of impact,..)

So its not surprising that a Stryker might take a few hits from cheap russian RPGs.

say the insurgents place 2 FOBS that's a possible 4 spg guns, plus numerous rpg and HAT kit. There is loads of ways to kill it. My favorite is with the raiders AT grenades. Still would like 2 of them to kill one. 

Stryker is a peace of cake to take care of. Nothing overpowered about it, doesn't even have thermals.

All you need is HAT + Motorbike. 1 Hit = Boom.

For one, like others have said, use the HAT kit if insurgents or militia. It currently one hit kills everything with it's tandem warhead grenade. 

Also, vehicles should continue to be adjusted as we get heavier assets, at least I hope so. I for one have been hugely against the vehicles we have being so tanky but it's not my game. Even the simple addition of the HAT kit has shown how careless most crews are with vehicles.

2 hours ago, Fuller said:

There are few things that are not corret in your #1 post.

1.) Stryker armor thickness is not 14.5mm. It is resistant to russian 14.5 x 114mm which means it is atleast equivalent to 40mm RHA(pen. value of 14.5x114).

2.) RPG-7 PG-7 warhead has pen. value of 280mm RHA.

IRL the damage done to a vehicle by a HEAT warhead depends on quite a few parameters (projectile size/shape/velocity/eplosives, angle of impact,..)

So its not surprising that a Stryker might take a few hits from cheap russian RPGs.

Thanks for correcting the errors on the vehicle but no the penetration values are correct, and sorry... no stryker is deflecting any heat rounds unless at extreme angle or cage protection. I dare say even with the cage protection the stryker is in trouble. And yes it does matter where the round hits the vehicle, but in this game it uses some cheap HP system so area that is struck and angle does not matter, if a stryker takes a direct hit in the back of the vehicle from an rpg7 the crew and vehicle is out of the fight. 

We are aware of the various characteristics and possibilities of realistic circumstances. 

We are using a very simple HP model at the moment, but that is not the final design we desire.

On 4/11/2017 at 1:13 AM, SgtRoss said:

We are aware of the various characteristics and possibilities of realistic circumstances. 

We are using a very simple HP model at the moment, but that is not the final design we desire.

Good to hear, very curious as to what awaits. Maybe some inspiration from warthunder ground forces? ;) 

Also as a side note on the Stryker, the driver view is to far forward, you cant actually see to the right when driving that thing. But I can understand wanting the driver to be able to in game.