Sign in to follow this  
avros008

Playing 20 FPS with this specs. Is it normal?

My PC specs

RAM 16GB

GTX 960

amd fx 6100 6 processor 3.3 ghz.

I got 20-25 fps when i join the 70/70player servers its little better on 50/50 player servers like 30 fps. The settings doenst change anyting. I make low-off everyting and make epic graphic settings 0 fps cahnged.

If you look at this picture(i take it in 70/70 player server in frontline while battle is going) ıts only use %40-5 total cpu. Its very boring with playing 20 fps its like slide show. Can i improve my fps?

http://i.hizliresim.com/GBZalN.jpg

Sadly you can´t really go much higher with that CPU at the moment. Maybe alpha 10 will run a bit better, they are changing from the unreal 4.14 to the 4.15 engine and that comes with a completely new audio engine that should not be as hard on the cpu as the current one.

I won´t count on that much of an improvement though, because that CPU is really not that great for gaming anymore.

(I had the fx 8350 before and had almost the same fps as you do)

EDT: Oh and welcome to the forum! :)

12 hours ago, koschilein said:

Sadly you can´t really go much higher with that CPU at the moment. Maybe alpha 10 will run a bit better, they are changing from the unreal 4.14 to the 4.15 engine and that comes with a completely new audio engine that should not be as hard on the cpu as the current one.

I won´t count on that much of an improvement though, because that CPU is really not that great for gaming anymore.

(I had the fx 8350 before and had almost the same fps as you do)

EDT: Oh and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Ancient ifrit said:

You need a better cup to run properly. Take a Intel one and you should be fine.

I think my specs isnt that bad. I know its not from gaming superrace but i can play much bigger games than squad very well. And you can see in image i linked squad isnt even using %90 of my cpu.

6 hours ago, avros008 said:

I think my specs isnt that bad. I know its not from gaming superrace but i can play much bigger games than squad very well. And you can see in image i linked squad isnt even using %90 of my cpu.

You're right, they aren't that bad. It's just unreal engine doesn't play nice with AMD cpu's at the moment, especially the FX series.

Look, I have an i5 750 2.66ghz, 8gb ram and r9 270. I got fluid 40fps on 60 players but in full server it drops to 26fps.

I dont know if it's a voy bottleneck or is my gpu too. Anyone with and card to make it clear?

I have~40-50fps (FX-6100, 8GB, GTX960), when 50/80 players and ~25-30, when 80/80.

I think problem will be solved, maybe devs should contact with PUBD's devs :D, because PUBD has 100 players and same engine, much more detailed, but I don't think there is the same problem. Change CPU is not a solution, it's like workaround of devs.

Edited by MustD1e

Same at me ...
I had Phenom II x4 960T (OC to 5x3,6Ghz or 4x3.8Ghz) and GTX 660 / 2Gb ... game was playable (Full server 20-25fps) but i wanted more.
I bought GTX 1060 ... and, to my surprise, i had 30-35 fps on full server (on empty ~ 160fps and ~ 90fps with maxed graphic) 

I expected much more...

but I didnt give up...

I changed CPU ... I did not have a big budget, so taked fx-6350 ...
In v9.3 game version i had 40-45 fps on full server. - that was cool for me

After update, that value fallen to <25fps and freezing game when any mortars blow up.
And I overclocked CPU to 4.4Ghz ... now i have 28-32 fps (does not matter that is low / epic graphic, always same fps)
Game still freeze when mortars shooting

So now ... i spent big money for this game (changed gpu, changed cpu) and i still can not play confortable, becouse i have cpu AMD ...
I will not change (again) CPU on Intel for one game. I will wait (If this happens) for optimalization.

Zaproponuj zmianę

Edited by LaLiK

No the problem won't be fixed, low/bad fps is here to stay indefinitely thanks to that poxy engine SQUAD uses called UE4.

SQUAD devs have little to no control over FailEngine4 internal workings.

Meanwhile over at Lumberyard it runs smooth as can be...