Phadthai

Scout class be able to mark targets on map like SL

Scout class be able to mark targets on map like SL can. Is that the good idea or no? They will be more useful to have on squad since they have poorer weapons and can take weights of the squad leader.

Edited by Phadthai

Nope, just clutter the map up with more markers than needed. If thats the way people are playing the scout, they should be communicating to the rest of the squad anyway, so no reason why the scout can't tell the SL and he place the markers.

The map gets cluttered enough with 4 x SL's, having another potential 4 x people (8 in total) would be too much IMO

Does anyone ever play the scout role like a scout? I never see it.

The purpose of the scout is to use his binos as it is the only class besides SL that gets them. They do not need to be able to mark targets. But they do need to be able to communicate effectively. Also they need to know their strength is spotting targets and directing fire. I have yet to see a scout play to the strength of the kit.

Unless they add a similar ability to another class to all other factions, this would be a no go for me, considering only one faction gets a Scout.

Honestly I think anyone should be able to put down a marker indicating where they believe the enemy is which lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds and then automatically vanishes. I know we can do bearing call outs, but some people really suffer when it comes to calling out distances. To balance it and reduce clutter I think it would still be useful even if these temporary markers only showed for people locally to them.

This would also fix the problem of people without microphones being useless.

Edited by Thr34t

15 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

The purpose of the scout is to use his binos as it is the only class besides SL that gets them. They do not need to be able to mark targets. But they do need to be able to communicate effectively. Also they need to know their strength is spotting targets and directing fire. I have yet to see a scout play to the strength of the kit.

The scout shines in Al Basrah. We have employed a scouting unit + vehicle support for harassing US back lines, cutting off reinforcement and logi supplies.

The 2 sets of bino's really help identifying supply routes from a slightly enforced resupply/staging point behind their lines. 

TBH this is the first map/play style I've seen and used which requires a scout class to be taken by a squad member.

6 hours ago, BLITZA said:

The scout shines in Al Basrah. We have employed a scouting unit + vehicle support for harassing US back lines, cutting off reinforcement and logi supplies.

The 2 sets of bino's really help identifying supply routes from a slightly enforced resupply/staging point behind their lines. 

TBH this is the first map/play style I've seen and used which requires a scout class to be taken by a squad member.

That's great to hear. I have yet to SL as the insurgents on basrah. While I think the role can be used on a few other maps as well I can definitely see how the prevalence of good observation posts makes it much easier and more useful on that particular map. Without being that one tall spot that everyone assumes has a spotter or Marksman in it.

I feel like the scout should be able to mark a few targets on the map via the T menu that only the squad can see. If the SL wants to update the map for everyone to see then so be it. I enjoy being scout when I'm a driver or running as a FTL. Just my 2 cents.

Scout could have a single yellow (or some other color that is not green)  observe marker available to him, so that he can quickly and accurately relay locations to the SL. The SL can just place a red marker over the scouts marker if the location needs to be saved. 

Scout's marker should not appear on the compass. If the SL needs to use the scout's for arty or something, then he can simply place his own marker on top of the scout's. 

I also agree with Exodus, and the marker should only be seen by the SL. 2 markers would provide too much accurate intel during a firefight. 

Edited by Flat896

The scout is supposed to be recon. Ahead of the squad with eyes open giving intel to SL. 

Edited by AlphaSquad

there was a thread on this exact topic, some time ago..

I think it would be nice for the scout to have 1 marker. only placeable while playing ("spotting it with binoculars") not being able to set marks on the map.

Recon/Scout/Marksman should be able to put marks for it's team leader. And then team leader decides if he wants to mark those in the map. So it would have an accept recon/delete recon option. 

This way he decides if its a good recon or not. Or as some told, a little recon icon.

But, then again, if you know how to use the map, then it would be no big difficulties. Problem is that sometimes TL just don't acknowledge the message or coordinates.

2 hours ago, Focha said:

Recon/Scout/Marksman should be able to put marks for it's team leader. And then team leader decides if he wants to mark those in the map. So it would have an accept recon/delete recon option. 

This way he decides if its a good recon or not. Or as some told, a little recon icon.

But, then again, if you know how to use the map, then it would be no big difficulties. Problem is that sometimes TL just don't acknowledge the message or coordinates.

I definitely think this is a fair system. Also, this allows the squad leader to decide if the callout should be broadcasted to the team or just kept within the squad, so it keeps more discretion to the SL.

I would also wait until fireteams are in place, as the way the chain of communication operates with fire-team leads will be different and may not necessitate the marksman/scout deploying marks at all. We don't want additional marker clutter from inept marksmen/scouts if we can avoid it, after all.