jackmonki

Can't get my mic to work

So I bought the game this weekend because it was half off. Only to realize my mic doesn't work in game. I can hear everything, but can't talk to anyone. My mic works fine with every other Steam game I own. I tried setting it to the default audio device to no avail. Any more ideas? 

Specs:

Windows 10

i5 6500 @ 3.20

8gb of ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

P.S Does Squad's team not have a support section for the customer? I've never had to rely on forums for an issue which occurs with the companies own software. 

what kind of a mic ist is?

if it's an USB mic/headset make sure to plug it in BEFORE you start SQUAD or even steam!

for some reason when you plug an USB mic after SQUAD was launched the game will not recognize the mic.

Yes I tried that. Actually some other games have that problem which is why I tried. Its a usb wireless. It must have something to do with squad itself as no other game has any sort of issue. 

Got the same problem , mic works verywhere else except squad, i did try to change devices but nothing works:/  Sennheiser PC 363D 
(connected via USB) 

Edited by Czecher

Have they worked at any point or is this a recent issue?
Does the grey / green microphone icon pop up in the bottom left when you press V / B to talk? 
Usually these have been solved by setting the microphone you want as the default and disabling all other recording devices (webcam etc.). This should really do the trick and I don't know what are the other options as it's a little tricky to fiddle with the mic as the option isn't in Squad itself yet. 

Mine didn't randomly work for a moment even though the mic icon was popping up, but restarting the game with a unplug and plug back in did the trick, I assume ya'll have tried that as well as restarting pc etc.

I have heard people say Logitech headsets are having issues. I have been using a Logitech USB webcam for my mic. Has worked in Squad since I started playing a year or so ago. Perhaps it's an issue with drivers? IDK, since my mic has stopped working in Squad. Comms indicator shows up on my screen, but not for anyone else. They can't hear me but the game says I am transmitting. Quite frustrating.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:56 PM, monosaccharide said:

I have heard people say Logitech headsets are having issues. I have been using a Logitech USB webcam for my mic. Has worked in Squad since I started playing a year or so ago. Perhaps it's an issue with drivers? IDK, since my mic has stopped working in Squad. Comms indicator shows up on my screen, but not for anyone else. They can't hear me but the game says I am transmitting. Quite frustrating.

I'd do a quick check to make sure your microphone is still set as the default communication device for Windows/Squad. (And, like, check connections of course. ;) )

Not aware of anything particularly related to Logitech; some old Xbox headsets can be wonky without an adapter. If you continue to run into trouble, please feel free to email [email protected]