Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
canadianleaf

key binds

Recommended Posts

Skul   
On 10/04/2017 at 1:23 AM, canadianleaf said:

do people use q and e as lean or do you have them changed to mouse buttons for example?

Thumb mouse buttons.

 

TBH, I've gone much-much further and have come to this layout:

sLWmUUi.png

 

This layout allows you to do all kinds of wild stuff, which most of the players aren't able to. For example, you can lean left or right, move forward or backward, strafe left or right, talk in local or squad radio, open your map, zoom and fire, and all of that at the exact same time.

 

It isn't perfect, so feel free to share your ideas on how to improve it.

 

When I was developing this layout, I was inspired by this layout for Starcraft 2:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/341878-thecore-advanced-keyboard-layout

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PROTOCOL   
29 minutes ago, canadianleaf said:

do people use q and e as lean or do you have them changed to mouse buttons for example?

 

Thumb mouse buttons... on Razer 12 button mouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Footpedals 

 

Can I ask what footpedals you use? I've been looking for a set to use with some flight sims, but I could see the lean being a great alternate use case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LugNut   

CH Pro pedals, you can program them to any keybind, which you have to do in squad since they are not recognized yet. They're amazing in a game like ARMA where there is progressive lean, which I hope we'll have eventually, instead of binary lean. 

 

FF to 3:25

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I remember the progressive lean from Arma fondly. I did a lot of Arma 2 back in the day.  Thanks a ton for the reply. I'll look into those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skul   
On 10/04/2017 at 6:10 PM, LugNut said:

Footpedals 

I wouldn't bind anything to footpedals which requires precise timings, like strafing, shooting or boolean leaning(true/false leaning which we have in Squad atm).

Binding joystick axes to a boolean functions is a bad idea. Try to unbind A and D keys in CSGO and then bind your foot pedals to strafe(or you can try to bind fire function to your footpedal), and then try to play CSGO with that layout. You don't want to bind any boolean functions that requires good timings to axes.

This kind of devices also usually have very low polling rate, sometimes it's 10(100+ ms lag), sometimes it's 32, sometimes it's 64 but almost never 1000(nowadays most keyboards and mices are 1000 Hz).

I wouldn't bind even a jump function to a pedals because of a reasons above.

 

On 10/04/2017 at 6:21 PM, LugNut said:

CH Pro pedals, you can program them to any keybind, which you have to do in squad since they are not recognized yet. They're amazing in a game like ARMA where there is progressive lean, which I hope we'll have eventually, instead of binary lean.

By the time they introduce progressive lean we will have free look. And at that point of time it will be better to bind lean to the lean axis of TrackIR.

 

Or even leave it on thumb mouse buttons but bind your thumb mouse buttons to add and subtract angle of your lean. This way your will get precise and fast lean axis using buttons. You don't need 4096 positions on lean axis in this game, like you need it on joysticks in avia sims.

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PROTOCOL   
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, LugNut said:

Footpedals 

 

^ I have foot pedals setup for lean in Arma 3. Squad accepts pedal inputs/keybinds? If so, I'm updating... love using pedals for lean!

 

Edited by PROTOCOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LugNut   
1 hour ago, Skul said:

I wouldn't bind anything to footpedals which requires precise timings, like strafing, shooting or boolean leaning(true/false leaning which we have in Squad atm).

Binding joystick axes to a boolean functions is a bad idea. Try to unbind A and D keys in CSGO and then bind your foot pedals to strafe(or you can try to bind fire function to your footpedal), and then try to play CSGO with that layout. You don't want to bind any boolean functions that requires good timings to axes.

This kind of devices also usually have very low polling rate, sometimes it's 10(100+ ms lag), sometimes it's 32, sometimes it's 64 but almost never 1000(nowadays most keyboards and mices are 1000 Hz).

I wouldn't bind even a jump function to a pedals because of a reasons above.

 

By the time they introduce progressive lean we will have free look. And at that point of time it will be better to bind lean to the lean axis of TrackIR.

 

Or even leave it on thumb mouse buttons but bind your thumb mouse buttons to add and subtract angle of your lean. This way your will get precise and fast lean axis using buttons. You don't need 4096 positions on lean axis in this game, like you need it on joysticks in avia sims.

14

Whatever. It works fine right now. 

48 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

 

^ I have foot pedals setup for lean in Arma 3. Squad accepts pedal inputs/keybinds? If so, I'm updating... love using pedals for lean!

 

 

Unlike ARMA, since Squad won't recognize your pedals, you need to set up your pedals to emulate a keystroke, I use CH control manager software with my pedals. If you have CH pedals, I can send you the profile, just pm me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×