Sign in to follow this  
MolonLabe0928

Xbox Gamepad Optimization

So first off, I did search looking for a good thread on optimizing controller use. I was only able to find resources on Steam gamepad use. Second, yes, I understand the game was built around KBM use, not a controller. That being said I do use an Xbox controller because mouse and keyboard is harder for me to use and feel comfortable with.

My questions surround the implementation of controller support:

1. Is there something I'm missing about rebinding the controller? For example - there is no 'use' key bound, prone and crouch are mapped to buttons way too far apart (down DPAD and X) and so on. This makes it a bit cumbersome to manage especially in a fire fight. And seriously, who maps reload to Up DPAD? Lol

2. Is there a setting I need to tweak (I couldn't locate one if there was) to enable the controller to drive and operate vehicles? The controller works marginally when driving, but won't let you turn or go backwards.

3. What settings, if any, should I tweak to smooth out aiming with a controller? I tried turning of mouse smoothing, but couldn't see any difference either way (even when using a mouse). I also tweak aim speed to right around where I normally have it and it didn't seem to improve. It's not terribly bad in CQC, but when I'm using an ACOG or trying to engage long range targets, I find aiming to have a lot of stutter to it and I find myself overcorrecting and not able to find a sweet spot.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and if there is a thread about this already I apologize, please link it and I'll go read there. (In before "god damn free to play weekend" - I purchased the game, lol).

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/26890-disable-gamepad/

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/List_of_Key/Gamepad_Input_Names

You gonna have to edit your files manually and map game axes and actions to gamepad axes and keys by yourself. Here's a list of gamepad keys and axes for you:

Spoiler

Gamepad_LeftX
    Gamepad_LeftY
    Gamepad_RightX
    Gamepad_RightY
    Gamepad_LeftTriggerAxis
    Gamepad_RightTriggerAxis

Gamepad_LeftThumbstick
    Gamepad_RightThumbstick
    Gamepad_Special_Left
    Gamepad_Special_Right
    Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom