Z-trooper

[KNOWN ISSUES] Ranger build 17-19/07/2015

For the rangers out there still waiting to get in, here are some of the known issues with your build so you know what to expect, and also what you don't have to report to us.

Just to be clear, we are working on fixing the biggest of these ASAP and will likely hand you a new build before the end of the weekend or roll back to the build used earlier this week for the media event. We will update you when we know for sure.

[FLAGS] US cannot capture Insurgent flags, only neutral flags

[DEPOLYABLES] Depoyable objects are only visible to about 200m away

[DEPOLYABLES] After being outside of viewable range and returning to a deployable structure, it will have engineer stakes around it again

[sPAWNING] FOB's spawn rarely work, use and protect your Rally Points until we fix it

[EFFECTS] Tracers causing lots of lens flares on low light maps

[PLAYER MODELS] Insurgents can in rare circumstances spawn with a US player model. If you see US player model with an insurgent weapon, he is an insurgent - dont feel bad for shooting him!

[MAP] At the start of the round, you may be able to randomly see a couple of enemies on the map. You won't be able to see them any more after they have died for the first time or some time has passed.

[MOVEMENT] After ALT+TABBING you may be stuck in "walk" mode and unable to sprint. Press "ALT" again and it is fixed.

[PERFORMANCE] Lorgar night layer, some players report a significant drop in FPS

[PING] The ping in the server browser and in game is not being displayed correctly. It is VERY high. We are using Unreal Engine 4's default network implementation and this is the actual comment that is inside of the engine code: 

// this is not a correct ping, but better than nothing

Try not to look at the number for now, and just tell us if it feels laggy or rubber-bandy. The issue will be resolved when we get to Steam.

Thank you for your patience.

[PLAYER MODELS] Insurgents can in rare circumstances spawn with a US player model. If you see US player model with an insurgent weapon, he is an insurgent - dont feel bad for shooting him!

Thank you for your patience.

Hahaha Lmao...I'll be like WTF!, dude you got an AK on my face!?.. :D

Rangers check your email for update. Several critical issues have been fixed! enjoy your weekend!

Hahaha Lmao...I'll be like WTF!, dude you got an AK on my face!?.. :D

LOL Evil insurgents killed US soldier and stole his Uniform :(

• While in settings you can fire your weapon

resolutions above 1440s not available, when 1200 was selected, nothing above 1200 was available again, including 1440 which was originally available

trees changing at about 20m makes the field of vision way to busy, cull distance on objects should be maximized, no point in having a larger view distance than bf2 if you can't actually see things that are there.

leaning left puts your own footsteps sounds too far right to the point where it sounds like someone else is walking next to you

Please add the white circle around the player selected on the map so you can see where each other is on the map.

also please add the prone so we can lay down in the game.  

please add the epipen so medics can revive when player is down. 

im sure these are already in the works but I think they are very important to the gameplay and should probably be implemented sooner than later. ;)

btw all I must say is wow!  for a pre alpha I cant believe how well the game is already even in this infant stage.  you guys did one hell of a job and it just shows how much potential the game has.  nice work!  

// this is not a correct ping, but better than nothing

LOHOHOOOOL rofl @EPIC DEVs (UE4 coders)

Srsly Sweeney?!?! (EPIC CEO) xD

Too lazy to fix Ping in UE4 lol Sweeney... :)

This weekend build

One of the maps seemed rather choppy , FPS was around 70, ping was 20ish , yet it seemed laggy

* First when I spawned into the game as squad leader , I could only place re spawn beacon/rally point no other items

* Had to die then re choose it to place other items

* Team swap not working today/this weekend

* Swap squad/group not working today/this weekend

* Capping a base didn't seem to work

It felt really boring today walking to NINE bases , dieing TWICE , never to shoot anyone or get points capping

Also due to the bugs my steam friends were un able to join my squad and swap teams

It felt like grass hike simulator for an hour

* First when I spawned into the game as squad leader , I could only place re spawn beacon/rally point no other items

* Had to die then re choose it to place other items

* Team swap not working today/this weekend

For Build 1710

> First when I spawned into the game as squad leader , I could only place re spawn beacon/rally point no other items

Are you able to recreate this? We had no problem with the SQL kit spawning ( or from ammo boxes) or placing deployables.

Team balance was turned on, you will not be able to change sides if the teams are evenly balanced. Capping a base requires 2 people on AAS. And must be capped in order as shown by icons on your map.

Bug - Cant rebind ADSW

wait, you wanna walk with ARROW keys in an 1ST PERS. shooter?!

Bug - Server browser - Cant sort servers by NAME

Bug - No save password tick box

Bug - Cant rebind ADSW

Neither of those are bugs, they're missing features. Bug is a feature that isn't working as intended.

Team balance is working great, it seems like it may be too balanced sometimes. Playing with a friend last night, we kept getting put on opposite teams and neither of us could ever switch at any point. A little leniency on the perfect balance could be beneficial in making it possible for people to get on yeams together. Even without team balance last week, most games players would just switch if it was unfair. At this stage with all the players being cooperative i feel the team balance could have a little more leeway

Squad leader bug AGAIN

Joined an EXISTING SQUAD

DID NOT CHOOSE SQUAD LEADER

Got dumped as squad leader

Nothing else besides rally point

UK Server at 11:20 AM GMT+10 Sunday

Had two other squad mates

I left , I was sick and tired of walking 20 mins from the start of the base to the enemy arrow symbol

just to find out , ohh enemy are no longer at that one , walk again for another 10-15 mins to the next base

11838518_10155853607125368_8378273366272

Team balance is working great, it seems like it may be too balanced sometimes. Playing with a friend last night, we kept getting put on opposite teams and neither of us could ever switch at any point. A little leniency on the perfect balance could be beneficial in making it possible for people to get on yeams together. Even without team balance last week, most games players would just switch if it was unfair. At this stage with all the players being cooperative i feel the team balance could have a little more leeway

It's been stated that the brutal balancing is only a temporary fix to prevent griefing. There was more problems than good instances last weekend.

But players playing Squad are supposed to control the movement with same keys as other 1st person shooters.

But players playing Squad are supposed to control the movement with same keys as other 1st person shooters.

Input configuration is something that should never be hardcoded. Different areas of the world have different keyboards/ways of doing things. It only is temporarily and will most likely be changed soon.

Squad leader bug AGAIN

Joined an EXISTING SQUAD

I left , I was sick and tired of walking 20 mins from the start of the base to the enemy arrow symbol

just to find out , ohh enemy are no longer at that one , walk again for another 10-15 mins to the next base

"Got dumped as squad leader"

-> If you suddenly become squadleader and you do not have the appropriate kit at hand, then you can only ever place a rally point.

-> Go to a crate, press F and select Officer/Cell Leader

-> Enjoy building stuff (within the given requirements (400m distance; 2 friendlies nearby)

As for walking a lot, you should blame your team on this one. If nobody is building FOBs and placing RP's, long walks and loosing the game are a thing that will happen.

What do you mean by that? You could not join a different squad? I have never seen anyone having problems with that, please elaborate.

Base, as in, Firebase?

Requirements to cap an enemy FOB and destroy it:

-> 2x friendlies in radius if no enemies // if there are enemies, you need more friendlies than enemies in radius

-> only then you will cap it. If you capped it 25% (75% yellow bar), then the enemy team cannot spawn anymore.

-> When the cap reaches 100% (0% yellow), then the FOB will disappear.

If you mean flag:

To cap a flag, you need 2x friendlies in cap radius, or more friendlies than enemies to start capping.

Squad leader bug AGAIN

Joined an EXISTING SQUAD

Yo dawg, I hope you know, you have the RPK kit, which is not the Squad Leader kit. Now, if you are becoming SL after you have joined a squad that already has people in it, it might be because people are cycling in and out of the squad.

Alt-Tabbing and going back to the game gives you back only limited control over the game, so you have to press ESC; LMB, RMB, ALT or other keys before you can continue to play normally. Not a big deal imo.