Para

What happened to the Smoke?

I remember going back to say v6 and before, smoke was effective, it looked good, was great for cover and concealment.

In v9 and in recent versions the smoke is terrible, why has there been such a step back in terms of smoke? It's useless now. All standard smokes are only good as signal smoke.

They are no good for cross streets or hiding troop movement now, and they seem to be playing at x100 too fast with smoke particle disappearing way to fast, with very very little spread. What happened?

I use to love using smoke in squad to move and cover your approach,? now never use smoke, what happened?

6.40 < Old smoke. Also shows how scopes used to look :(

Edited by Para

The dispensing time clears a lot faster, now you need nearly all the squad members to put down a decent smoke screen of any worth.

The smokes aren't very concealing, that's true. It's very hard to cross anything with just one smoke. As a Medic I have to use at least two of my smokes to be able revive someone, but as Raging-Death pointed, maybe it's due to performance issues... Let's hope they'll find a better solution for this :)

But performance was BETTER in v5 was it? smoke was amazing back then, it actually was... smoke.

3 hours ago, Para said:

But performance was BETTER in v5 was it? smoke was amazing back then, it actually was... smoke.

Can't remember like?.But remember we'd much less contents/features those days...V6 was good performances V7 Implemented vehicles,we'd a kicking in performance due to Vavavooms V8 good performance...

Maybe between V7/V8  when the Smokes got changed!?.

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

I hope there is a return to better smokes. They add a nice degree of cover, enhance teamplay if they are used correctly. Nerfing their ability to conceal is bad for Squad.

would love to throw a smoke gren back or kick it or something. :D

Some indicators of wind direction would be cool to have before throwing smoke. Dust trails, leaves, animations in trees. It might be in there already and I havent noticed, is it linked to smoke?

would love to throw a smoke gren back or kick it or something.

Some indicators of wind direction would be cool to have before throwing smoke. Dust trails, leaves, animations in trees. It might be in there already and I havent noticed, is it linked to smoke?

These would cost loads in FPS afaik. But I agree, smoke needs to be thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Smoke of War.....a new mod?  :). Remember the scenes of all those oil wells on fire during the first gulf war?  Could we recreate that?110622_marine_smoke_ap_605.jpg

Have a look at 6.40 That's how smoke used to be.. also shows how far weapons and audio have come since early days.

Maybe it's just me, but possibly they were going for more realism?  The v6 smoke grenade didn't look realistic to me, looks like it ramped up WAY too fast and too much.  The various videos I found on youtube show a slower release time and slower build time.  From what I remember of the v9 smoke grenade, it seems like it was more realistic.

Check out the following you tube video I found and tell us if you think one smoke grenade would really be sufficient to provide the cover you want, at least in the short time frame it sounds like you want it to spread to a thick cloud to obscure you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_7b0eZRuQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlIEPLmPYM

Edited by 3S_Moe

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Smoke is garbage. I'm glad they toned it down. I'd like to see it nerfed even more.

But why. What's the point of it then.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Smoke is garbage. I'm glad they toned it down. I'd like to see it nerfed even more.

Things a 1 - 9 - 1 marksman says?

Smoke is always a battle between performance and aesthetics.

Bruno is constantly trying to figure out better ways to make them useful, more realistic, and somewhat performant. 

We shall see what the future holds as he perfects his craft more and more.

Rossy they used to be perfect. Cant they go back in as they were? and have a slider for people with lower rigs?

1 hour ago, Para said:

He has a potato pc, so like a liberal we have to bow down and accept it.

He's got one of these?

attachment.php?attachmentid=344500&d=141

:)  powerful PC that is....we should gets lots of smoke out of that!

Quote:Rossy they used to be perfect. Cant they go back in as they were? and have a slider for people with lower rigs?

Good idea...

Edited by XRobinson

19 minutes ago, Para said:

Rossy they used to be perfect. Cant they go back in as they were? and have a slider for people with lower rigs?

They were not perfect before, just in general.

As I stated, it's an ongoing process.

On 9.4.2017 at 9:29 PM, XRobinson said:

Tanks be able to pop smoke when we get em?

f38d827250424defa3c33cff21579ee3.jpg

Give us smoke! :)

i would already love to have smoke launchers on the APC`s

Like this: