Sign in to follow this  
Scuur

Head Movement for mobility

Hello All

I was a avid Project Reaility player as well as I played a lot of arma 2 origins/dayz arma 3 epoch. I feel for a lot of the people picking up the first time and saying it feels funky its just lack of mobility specifically,  just lack of situational awareness. My idea is head movement like in arma with the alt key only more realistic less "Rotation" in other words. The problem is if I looking to my north direction and squad lead calls out contact north north east. I move my have to whole body screwing up your positions and potentially giving it away. It would be better if you were able to move around the head. I was looking at it and I think if you do like something like these stats

Flexion of 40 to 60 degrees thats up down motion

Rotation of 60 to 80 degrees side to side. 

I feel like this small feature would add lots to your experience in squad. I am not trying to compare the games but if you ever played any arma or dayz you know how much worse it would be if you didn't have head motion.

Just a suggestion anyway. I will be picking up the game see you guys out there!

Edited by Scuur

Yup, this is planned for the next release. V10 is going to be an animation overhaul and this is already part of it. Check out the monthly updates, can't remember which one but I think it was January / February. Has some videos there for you of it ;)

2 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Yup, this is planned for the next release. V10 is going to be an animation overhaul and this is already part of it. Check out the monthly updates, can't remember which one but I think it was January / February. Has some videos there for you of it ;)

Oh wow okay thats awsome. Sorry I didn't do my research.