Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FIXXXER

new PC or new GPU!?

Hello,

 

i am planing to buy a new GPU very soon but i am not sure if my current PC hardware is able to "keep up" with the 1080Ti.

It is a pretty solid PC but i am not really up to date when it comes to the newest hardware etc.

 

Here's the current PC specs:

 

pcspecs.png

 

So, basically the question is if it would be better to upgrade the GPU or directly go with a completely new PC, any suggestions?

 

cheers

FIXXXER

 

PS: the CPU is [email protected],87GHz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude... your hardware is way to good to change it out!

 

Go with the new card and you will have a beast of a machine again :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your PC is still quite modern, will still pump most modern games at 60fps, max settings. At most, I'd upgrade GPU.
Your CPU and other hard ware is still decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol man don't worry about the 1080 bs. Honestly those cards don't work well unless they're used in SLI. I have a titan X and know very well :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, koschilein said:

Dude... your hardware is way to good to change it out!

 

Go with the new card and you will have a beast of a machine again :)

 

 

that's good news, so hopefuly the 1080 Ti will bring back fun again!

I forgot to mention that i am planing to jump on the 4K train so i am not sure if everything will be enough but in general

this is mortly a GPU thing right?

 

 

9 hours ago, Dubs said:

Your PC is still quite modern, will still pump most modern games at 60fps, max settings. At most, I'd upgrade GPU.
Your CPU and other hard ware is still decent.

it's almost zwo years old so i was not sure if the components are still god enough and worth a GPU upgrade.

do you think that the PC will also be capable of 4K with the new GPU?

 

24 minutes ago, RusGay said:

Lol man don't worry about the 1080 bs. Honestly those cards don't work well unless they're used in SLI. I have a titan X and know very well :^)

dunno the 1080 Ti seems to beat the TITAN XP in terms of power and here in germany the TITAN XP is like 1400€ which is way too expensive for me! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the OG titan X not the XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RusGay said:

I have the OG titan X not the XP.

i am confused, you think the TITAN X is better than the 1080 Ti?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally know it is :^) But the rest of my system is also pretty beefy so I don't need to push my graphics card much for it to perform well, so maybe I'm biased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RusGay said:

I personally know it is :^) But the rest of my system is also pretty beefy so I don't need to push my graphics card much for it to perform well, so maybe I'm biased.

can you share some more info on your specs?

 

for a second i had the idea to go full retard with the latest intel CPU, dual GPU etc.

but this is pretty much going to be about 4-5000€ which is pretty hefty

considering the fact that the only game i am actively playing at this moment is SQUAD.

 

my other passion besides gaming is music production which is also extremely demanding when it comes to performance

so on the other hand it's not only for gaming, which makes it a bit easier to jsutfy spending so much on a new PC :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

asus X-99, Corsair DDR4 32GB, i7-5930k 3.50, titan x, kracken k65 water cooling and a corsair case. oh and a 2560x1440p screen. 5,000+ USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice setup, though water cooling always made me a bit unfomfortable!

does it require any maintenance, like changing the cooling liquid or is it an onetime setup?

 

here in germany we have a dealer who is offering 100% silent custom PC's with water cooling etc.

i might go for one of these but as i said liquid in my PC always made me feel uncomfortable.

 

the TITAN X is sold out everywhere, so i probably do not have any other option than buying the 1080 Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Store bought watercooling is safer than having someone build a custom watercooling system. I've not had any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

First of all i wouldn`t go all in just for Squad cause at the current point performance is somehow a gamble. Your best bet in its current state  is a delid and hefty OCed 7700K with fast  memory and a upper class 1080ti and even then smooth gaming at 4K60Hz is not given for sure .

 

besides this if you are from Germany and don`t want to build the system yourself & have the founds to spare i would take a look to caseking they offer preinstalled waterblocks from multiple vendors on most CPU and GPU combinations  , delid / LM Service perselected CPUs and other stuff with warrenty and exchange service for defect parts. Also they have a  outlet in Berlin where you can "touch" things and get personal advice.

 

With your current still pretty strong rig you are in a position to have the luxury to just wait and play what the devs deliver in the upcoming patches without having major performance disadvantages to top notch rigs.

 

If you have any questions about this you can also send me a PM in german :-)

 

 

 

 

Edited by moppel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RusGay said:

Store bought watercooling is safer than having someone build a custom watercooling system. I've not had any issues.

thanks for the info! :)

 

1 hour ago, moppel said:

First of all i wouldn`t go all in just for Squad cause at the current point performance is somehow a gamble. Your best bet in its current state  is a delid and hefty OCed 7700K with fast  memory and a upper class 1080ti and even then smooth gaming at 4K60Hz is not given for sure .

 

besides this if you are from Germany and don`t want to build the system yourself & have the founds to spare i would take a look to caseking they offer preinstalled waterblocks from multiple vendors on most CPU and GPU combinations  , delid / LM Service perselected CPUs and other stuff with warrenty and exchange service for defect parts. Also they have a  outlet in Berlin where you can "touch" things and get personal advice.

 

With your current still pretty strong rig you are in a position to have the luxury to just wait and play what the devs deliver in the upcoming patches without having major performance disadvantages to top notch rigs.

 

If you have any questions about this you can also send me a PM in german :-)

 

 

yeah, right now SQUAD is the only PC game i play regularly, can't think of anything else similar to SQUAD at this moment,

maybe escape from tarkov but this runs just fine on my PC.

 

i've been checking out caseking very often recently, they seem really like the best choice for this! :)

 

the problem is, most of their (reasonably priced) custom PC's are not significantly better than my actual one,

so at this moment it seems a bit like a waste of money ro go for a fully new PC,  then again, if i go for something i go for the best.

 

i am also planing to get the new ASUS 4K, 144Hz, HDR monitor so that's why i actually had the idea of a completely new PC as i am not sure

if my current setup+1080 Ti will be able to get me 4K and above 60FPS, it seems quite a heavy tast right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My oldest teen just finished his sick build with a 1080ti and Squad looks the same as his other box with the 970 or my 965m plus no real increase in frame rate either. Maybe once the game is optimized they can bump up some of the eye candy in Squad. Certainly the engine is capable of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0