-MG

Odd performances

Alright Squad nation, 

Since yesterday i replaced my GTX 660 that i acompanied with my 4670k which i have made posts about before...With a 1070 G1.
The difference is deff' there...Going from view distance/effects set to high and texture streaming off getting 35-45 FPS while GPU load is 99% at all times and my CPU working like crazy (70/80% load).

To now view distance/effects set to Ultra and texture streaming on getting fps ranging minimum 50 to 130 depending on many factors in game.

My current rig atm;
4670k @3,9 ghz 
Gtx 1070 g1 @ stock 
16gb ram

Now i know Squad is an Alpha game, please don't remind me of that. But i noticed with my new GPU how odd Squad works in requesting juice form your hardware.

1 map i get god mode FPS, the other 45- 50 to 60. Now for example, Al Basrah i drop down to even 45fps but my GPU core load doesn't even pass 55%. Nor do my CPU useage surpass 75% useage. To me it makes no sense that FPS drop but my hardware performance doesn't increase either. 

I guess optimization is the culprit here ?.
Share your thoughts if you have noticed/tested this before. 

From your reported values i would bet on CPU limit. 75% global CPU usage dosent exclude a CPU limit , its still possible that serial code is  running into a limit on 1 of your 4 CPU cores.

This image gets roundet up with your low GPU usage , basicly the New GFX is waiting for CPU finishing this crutial calculation befor the rest  can go on.

2 hours ago, moppel said:

From your reported values i would bet on CPU limit. 75% global CPU usage dosent exclude a CPU limit , its still possible that serial code is  running into a limit on 1 of your 4 CPU cores.

This image gets roundet up with your low GPU usage , basicly the New GFX is waiting for CPU finishing this crutial calculation befor the rest  can go on.

So basically saying, Squad only uses 1 core....and if you don't got a I7 6700 you're screwed ?. I noticed a single core tends to go to 80/85% And all the other's are like 35/40/till 55. Now Fps really rends to differ from map to map tho'. 

2 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384300/

The solution to all your squad proformance needs it really works and specifically for squad as it is heavy on your CPU. I and all my boys use this

Hmmm i'll keep my eyes on it but i don't know how i feel about it....I'm sure there is a free way to ''unpark'' your cores to make full use of it.

Edited by -MG

There is but it's a pain in the ass to do Everytime before you run a specific game. That program is steam integrated so you just launch games through it and you good and still works with steam saying (yourname) is playing squad and all that jazz ..Figured I'd through it out there .I can run on all highest settings now with 60+ fps as before I ran on all low and accasonally got stutter lag still.

On 8-4-2017 at 6:09 AM, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

This is a scam... Does not work.

That's what i thought lol. I guess we just have to wait for more optimization updates from the game itself to see better useage of resources CPU/GPU wise. 
Right now 1 core get up to 80/85% while other cores are at 55/60% and GPU around 50/55%. I've tried Steam parameters to force-use all my cores but it doesn't change anything really. 

It's not a scam lol I use it regularly and can now play games that I could not before...I could barely even play squad before I started using it. Had to run on all low graphics and still stutter lag. Now I am on all highest and run flawless. Don't steer people away from something that might fix a problem just because you have some pre determined notion.

I might add if you have AMD processor it will not as good .Only with Intel does it disable hyperthreading .   Btw It's not one of the most popular purchased items on steam because it doesn't work. IDK I understand being skeptical now adays but just read the reviews and make your own decision. It does work and especially for games with long loading times aka fallout4 civ5 late game shit like that

Edited by ♠DEG♠
Because

37 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

It's not a scam lol I use it regularly and can now play games that I could not before...I could barely even play squad before I started using it. Had to run on all low graphics and still stutter lag. Now I am on all highest and run flawless. Don't steer people away from something that might fix a problem just because you have some pre determined notion.

technically its not a scam... for people who have a system with loads of trash on it.

any competent person should be capable of keeping their system in a good shape and knows how it is supposed to "work", will call it a scam rightfully

Edited by lisasu

So £7.34 for a program to disable hyperthreading. Why doesn't that sound like a bargain even if it's on sale. Hmmm, let me have a look at my bios I am sure I left the hyperthreading setting in there somewhere. Maybe I could set an exe files cpu core affinity with Task Manager as well while I am at it just to be sure.

Since when you have to pay for programs?

You probably paid for your Windows copy, too? biggrin.gif

Edited by Skul