Noxxid3

Sarau (Inspired by Kashan Desert)

49 posts in this topic

Inspired by Kashan Desert from Project Reality which was originally created by Duckhunt, Sarau is 16km2  map focused on a combined arms combat.The centerpiece of the map is a large military facility in the Sarau Desert. The facility itself offers medium to close quarters engagements for infantry while you can expect most of the vehicle combat to happen in the wide open desert and oil fields around the military facility offering medium to long range engagements

This map features a day and night cycle (WIP):

Better in depth video of day and night cycle:

Kashan Desert: 

ffe1ac45f4.jpg

Sarau Bird eye view:

KDdeEz6.jpg

Military complex with a bunker and tunnels (multiple entrances possible):

AkVH0Ts.png

That rectangle is as big as the military will get, there will be a bunker, one airfield, oil fields, a highway and a pipe line.

Added new sand texture:

HighresScreenshot00057.png1jWMq7q.jpg

0wanwxU.jpgIdgTNyo.jpgT1kGRqa.jpgqS6aD9e.jpg

Added FlowMap:

EX11nVS.jpg

Pipeline:

I1JVUbx.jpg

Highway Pipeline:

SEqvNQE.jpg

Radio Tower:

xj9FJh4.jpg

Expect a couple villages in the mountains 

Highway: 

gQyy6Qu.jpghOhc0XL.jpg

2HmmEy5.jpg

Started work on the bunker/tunnel system:

z5cD5Oa.jpg

Bunker:

Day:

FVkqfIO.jpg

Night:

duD67Eg.jpg

Oil Factory:

NJZVuzi.jpg

Updated Textures, Photo Of Dusk:

Qo2V88G.jpg

Added new Radio tower:

fTRVzjb.jpg

Bunker Almost completed.

Added some small villages in the mountains:

i6FNfGl.jpg 

Credit for the wording: @ISAFMOBIUS04Thanks buddy

I already feel like I'm playing PR with Al Basarah... please give me more of that sweet nostalgia.

1 minute ago, Catindabox said:

I already feel like I'm playing PR with Al Basarah... please give me more of that sweet nostalgia.

I am an idoit

Just now, Catindabox said:

Lol

Lmfao i was thinking, i was thinking of you saying nangalam.

3 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Lol

Sad news is that i lost all that work i did on Nangalam and Jala

This was the first 4km map in PR. I worked closely with Duckhunt on this as the idea of 4km maps was critical to how we wanted PR to evolve. I did the objective and CP layout and he did the mapping work. I think the bunker complex might have been built specifically for this map.

The intent of this map was to have two different combat dynamics:

- Vehicles and Aircraft leading up to the Bunker complex.

- Infantry only inside the Bunker complex

It's a bit daft to have 2 fully operational military airfields, but we wanted the full deal of PR weapons in this map. Totally unrealistic, but fun. Irrelevant for Squad at the moment, but I would do this map with attack and transport helicopters as the only aircraft (assuming those become available at some point).

The bunker complex could be a small town. The critical part from a gameplay perspective is that vehicles cannot enter the infantry combat area. It's totally plausible to create a small town that has barricades preventing vehicles from getting into it.

A 4km map is a lot of work - it's 16 square km of terrain. Choices to make the center area a big and simple bunker complex were to make the workload manageable. Too much detailing required in a 16sq km map can wear down the mapper pretty heavily.

Good luck with the project - happy to help.

31 minutes ago, eggman said:

This was the first 4km map in PR. I worked closely with Duckhunt on this as the idea of 4km maps was critical to how we wanted PR to evolve. I did the objective and CP layout and he did the mapping work. I think the bunker complex might have been built specifically for this map.

It's a bit daft to have 2 fully operational military airfields, but we wanted the full deal of PR weapons in this map. Totally unrealistic, but fun. Irrelevant for Squad at the moment, but I would do this map with attack and transport helicopters as the only aircraft (assuming those become available at some point).

The bunker complex could be a small town. The critical part from a gameplay perspective is that vehicles cannot enter the infantry combat area. It's totally plausible to create a small town that has barricades preventing vehicles from getting into it.

A 4km map is a lot of work - it's 16 square km of terrain. Choices to make the center area a big and simple bunker complex were to make the workload manageable. Too much detailing required in a 16sq km map can wear down the mapper pretty heavily.

Thanks! Im not focusing on the Airfields but instead adding gas stations, and maybe an oil field. Town in the center of it, but each side will have a point near their spawns that they can capture, then when more points off of the center one, so say the gas station is set up atop of the city which connects to the center one like an optional one like in some maps of squad, like in chora. Main fighting will be set in around the city, medium size city im going with, some villages in the mountains that can focus on some combat. It is a mix from kashan Desert and the Kornigal

34 minutes ago, eggman said:

Ill get a photo for you

Just please don't make it an unrealistic city, as in "why the hell did they build multi story apartment blocks in the middle of a dessert" unrealistic.

Just now, fatalsushi said:

Just please don't make it an unrealistic city, as in "why the hell did they build multi story apartment blocks in the middle of a dessert" unrealistic.

Oh god no xD i wont do that, there will be like 2 story, maybe 3 story at the most.

Ok, great. I love Kashan Dessert and I would love to see it in Squad so I'm looking forward to this.

Just now, fatalsushi said:

Ok, great. I love Kashan Dessert and I would love to see it in Squad so I'm looking forward to this.

I cant do Kashan but it will be inspired by it. Hope you like it. Ill upload a photo

3 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

I upload a new photo

Added video of the day and night cycle, that is a time lapse not actual time in game. Added flow map.

17 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Change it to a military complex

I'm glad people are creating new maps, but these remakes are getting ridiculous. Why not work on an original map, Kashan is so... boring and terrible for 90% of people, 90% of the time. You can do a lot better.

2 minutes ago, banOkay said:

I'm glad people are creating new maps, but these remakes are getting ridiculous. Why not work on an original map, Kashan is so... boring and terrible for 90% of people, 90% of the time. You can do a lot better.

Because many people like Kashan, even if you don't.

And it's mostly easier to work on a project you have fun with, so if the modder likes Kashan, he'll more likely have success with it.

13 minutes ago, banOkay said:

this is not a remake as we don't own or have the rights to the PR map of Kashan Desert, the map is Inspired by Kashan Desert and aims to recreated the feel and game play.

also on the boring part, That's just like your opinion man 

6 hours ago, banOkay said:

As stated above "Inspired by Kashan Desert" it isnt the map but we want combination of what that map had.

Hell yes! Looking forward to it! I love flying over Kashan, so "relaxing".

Edited by Gal4ct1c

Added new photos, added wreck's and changed highway textured.