Togisan

Unbalanced Al Basrah

51 posts in this topic

Al Basrah map is imposible with insurgents, Sumari is more balanced than this map.. if you loose begining momentum and if you loose sburbs flag, you can't return back..because americans can make easily spawn kills, even front gate of main with their optical insturments (Strykers very long distance from south bridge)

So this map seems unbalanced for insurgents and only playable as insurgent mod that I think not AAS or PAAS

What is your thought?

You have to make some bridges to easten part of  map in order to fight for northern objectives (refinery) for returning game

Regards

Haven't had any issues playing as Insurgent on Al Basrah, managed to push the whole US team back to Outskirts and hold them off till victory. Could just be the people you are playing with with a mix of bad tactics/strategic :) 

Posted (edited)

Yes if Insurgent squad has superior talents than Americans , I agree with you..In an equal terms match , no hope for insurgents..It's like logar valley of insurgents :-)

This stryker optics in an open area against base very efficient because you can kill even at front gate of base from miles..

Edited by Togisan

Once insurgents are equipped with traps such as IED's I think Al Basrah will balance out.  Good luck to the US once there is a threat of exploding a whole squad in one swoop.

I can't believe your saying insurgents are currently disadvantaged on this map, they have a huge upper hand. 

Insurgents will win in most cases unless your team is playing like shit in which case, git gud

I'm always going to advocate for the introduction of VBIEDs to give the insurgents, you just have to hope the army the insurgents are fighting do not have a position to use their excellent optics in a no-risk high-reward position.

It's absolutely essential you don't lose the refinery flag or you will be stuck in that position where they have a perfect area to shoot from.

Anywhere else in town and insurgents are happily able to fight in an area where optics don't matter.

The first round I played we crushed the US forces, and they were pretty damn organized. We holed up in practically every buildings lobbing grenades out the windows as they passed by. We threw smoke grenades on the streets and waited for a cautious, blinded US squad to pass througj and lit them up with RPKs. We also put HMGs in windows to lock down specific points from a distance.

40 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

The first round I played we crushed the US forces, and they were pretty damn organized. We holed up in practically every buildings lobbing grenades out the windows as they passed by. We threw smoke grenades on the streets and waited for a cautious, blinded US squad to pass througj and lit them up with RPKs. We also put HMGs in windows to lock down specific points from a distance.

There are RPKs in the game now?! Please be true Please be true

Wald

Too early to tell, but IMO this map is decently balanced as it is. Won handily playing both sides.

This is nothing like the issues with Militia on Logar.

egg

1 hour ago, Walderschmidt said:

Wald

It's true!

Agreed on the balance being ok, I'm only 4-5 rounds in but have never felt like I was losing because I didn't have the tools or the capability from the map side to do better. Just got to be ready for that pesky silo rush people like to try and you're good! ( I'm more afraid of the late rushes hitting courtyard / suburbs :O)

The balance on Al Basrah is about as good as it gets in this game right now.

I have seen US win as much as INS, with both balanced and imbalanced teams. I genuinely can't understand the logic of some of the players in the community. 

Yeah I dont see any real balance issue either. Although I think OP might be right about one thing that I saw people complained about a lot last night:

@ChanceBrahhYou can setup a stryker or crow far west of INS main (across the bridge) and just lock down the zone outside INS main and shoot anyone trying to get out.

Maybe place some asset or hescos or anything to block that open angle so Stryker would have to move closer to lock down area outside of INS main? There was a lot of "BASERAPING" in allchat last night.

5 hours ago, Walderschmidt said:

Wald

They've been in for over a year. Maybe you're confusing RPKs with PKMs.

10 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

They've been in for over a year. Maybe you're confusing RPKs with PKMs.

You're absolutely correct!

Thank you.

Wald

I played only a few rounds, but also saw a lot of baseraping complaints. And about 8 Ins trying to get over a bridge with no cover and being hit with everything US had. So there is some lack of creativity going on, but looking into the issue sentienthaze pointed out is probably worth it.

Last night I got 2 games in, one as US and INS and we stomped both times. I think it applies to any map, but the more organized team wins, especially with a rush that locks the enemy down on their first objective.

Sorry buddy but your strategy is just bad. While playing insurgent I've been able to go directly east from main on the straight road, rush village, and hold it while my entire team takes all the other caps. Game over. 

Just a reminder that the map has been introduced along with a free weekend. That being said i dont think either side is able to play with the expected good  team skills. I was an insurgent and we lost the game by 19 tickets. It was a close hard fought match.

Won already as both parties. It all comes down to playing with a good team/Squad. Then again the RPG's of the rooftops tends to get over exagerated at sometimes. Vehicles in town is a big nono, even a tankwon't make it long in there. 

My squad and I have played a dozen or more matches on Al Basrah, and so far and the results have been fairly even. We have captured Village as Militia and Alleys as US. It seems when there is unbalance it is down to free weekenders not joining squads or running them into into the ground. 

Topic creator is smoking grass. This map is perfect and balanced. Love it! It's a good challenge for the US

If the US team rolls, it is rather difficult for insurgents to get out of main and cross the deep river.  All three bridges are elevated and have no cover.  Anyone crossing the bridge on foot is a fish in the barrel.  

However, the insurgent team starts much closer to the town than the US team.  If the insurgent team has no more spawn points in town, well... it's over for the insurgents.

Bad map design?  I do not think so.  Rather, it is perfect asymmetry.

The truth will out with some clan games, which will give better insight. Too many things can happen in a pub game to say. Might like bigger pro zone over main base vehicles.  Feels pretty even.