Chuc

Announcement: Free Weekend + Alpha 9.3 Update

5 hours ago, blacktea65 said:

If you guys cannot deal with negative critique please do not bother to respond at all.

[...]

I am surprised by the amount of casuals which are content with whatever they get and hostile towards opposing points.

First off, don't imply things like that, that's very disrespectful and gets us nowhere.

I simply stated my personal opinion towards your attitude and the things you spoke about, nothing more.

Please re-read my post.

All I posted was that I rather want other changes first in hopes a dev might notice it but the shitfest and accusations against me had already started by certain members here.

Well you may have meant it differently than it came off - which was rather demanding and devaluating.

What goes around, comes around.

sorry for pissing against the wind from time to time. :D

See... mostly you'll get wet yourself ;)

Can't wait!  I think it will preform fine. For me the maps that are wide open give me less frames then when around buildings.

Grenade launchers and rockets are going to be fricken deadlier then ever in this map. Imagine the teamwork possible for the insurgents. You could easily set up a calculated ambush on enemy vehicles rolling in. I'm picturing 3 rockets being fired simultaneously from different buildings toward a Stryker coming through an intersection. Chaos!

I have to say that after playing Al BasBrah for 3 hours it was the most similar "PR experience" I had so far in Squad... clearing T buildings, urban warfare, long distance, irregular warfare, etcetera...

I can't wait for Fallujah, Muttrah city... (and helicopters)

Excellent job!   giphy.gif

I'm was thinking on buying squad but i wasn't sure about that the game will run.So this free weekend is one of the best things happened to me today.But also i can't download it from steam why is that???

Hmm starting with 35 fps, after a while it drops to 18/20, changing resolution  doesnt help at all, maybe next time.

8 minutes ago, Czecher said:

Hmm starting with 35 fps, after a while it drops to 18/20, changing resolution  doesnt help at all, maybe next time.

what's your PC specs ?

just for curiosity.

whats that for an 92mb patch i am downloaden now ?

some minor fixes ?

New map is awesome! My FPS wasn't lower when I played it either. Runs great. Only saw one half of the map for the most part though as there wasn't much teamwork going on so we just sat a defended 2 points.  excellent map design though from what I saw!

22 hours ago, Converge said:

New map is awesome! My FPS wasn't lower when I played it either. Runs great. Only saw one half of the map for the most part though as there wasn't much teamwork going on so we just sat a defended 2 points.  excellent map design though from what I saw!

Indeed excellent design! From games I played, ppl tend to cover each other or at least, stick together... Great map! Well done! Map layout and atmosphere was very 'realistic' and 'logical'. Really great addition to squad!

Kudos to Duckhunt for original layout but also to Chance, Axton and anyone else that contributed in any way,shape or form! :)

Edited by Disco

20 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

I love the influx of new players, it's my only chance to actually record a positive K:D lol :P

Yeah seriously hah! My kills are usually fairly high because I try to play a mix of safe and smart with crazy and suicidal. Usually leads to lots of kills when you pick the right tactic with the squad. But the past couple days I hit damn near 30 kills on multiple occasions. I've noticed some people not really moving after being shot once. One fellow basically just stayed put and looked around after my first round hit him from 100m away and then my 2nd or 3rd took him down. Poor guy!

Free weekend was not bad, a few kids doing teamkills but getting banned fast.

I also took the Squad Lead role and helped the new players to learn the game, normal i never play as a Squad Lead because i am not a hardcore gamer.

It was a pretty good weekend and i hope the sales went good for OWI so we have a bigger playerbase now.

Here's hoping the 'free weekend' is NOT indicative of normal play!

Came here in high anticipation of the much vaunted structured and guided play only to find.....well.....chaos isn't too strong a word :(

Quite disappointed to be honest.....even some of the more, what I assumed to be, 'seasoned' servers had SL's who were definitely not SL'ing!

Nevertheless, game is purchased (along with a friend) and now the hunt for good, well ordered servers nearly begins.

Free weekend was fun.. loved helping new players and roasting those 'experienced' players for being dirt bags hopefully got a lot more players involved.. I play QFF and 20r servers which tend to be more organised during non free weekends... its only to be expecte TomHorn that the game goes into a bit of chaos during free weekend..

56 minutes ago, embecmom said:

... its only to be expecte TomHorn that the game goes into a bit of chaos during free weekend..

Yup....true :)

i really hope the free weekend ends soon, SQUAD has been unplayable the last three days!

i do understand that people who are new to this game can not play like experienced players

but seriously, 99% of all the people who are "trying out" SQUAD act like they have never played a god damn video game before,

and the worst thing is, there is absolutely no willingness to learn anything. communication is not present, even people who

have a mic simply do not want to talk, nor are they willing to accept any help.

I've had a blast this free weekend! Most of the new players were very cooperative once you start helping them out and giving them orders. Step up and lead, vets! 

I must say, this go around there was a lot more chaos than expected. It also came with its fair share of intentional team killing on main bases and F'n about. When trying to help, it was a bit of a mixed bag (some where very receptive and willing to learn), while others just didn't give a damn. For those in the latter group, there is no real incentive for them to care or come to grips with the game as they've invested nothing. They probably don't intend on purchasing either, which is actually my hope. 

I did get to Squad up with a few that were getting their feet wet and actually ended up purchasing. I would much rather see the receptive and compliant ones join the community!