Chuc

Announcement: Free Weekend + Alpha 9.3 Update

Apr 5, 2017

freeweekend_april2017.jpg

Hi Squaddies!
It's fragging time! Get your helmets dusted off, boots on the ground and be ready to welcome the masses as we ship our free weekend patch to the community in anticipation of the free weekend which will be launching Thursday 6th April at 10 AM PST.
And don't forget Squad and it's soundtrack will also be 50% off for the duration of the free weekend and our Squad merchandise will be 30% off!

squadmerch_discount_30off.jpg

We are also launching a new 9.2 Patch that contains some improvements and treats to help make the free weekend more enjoyable and rewarding for the community.

Server Queues

We are releasing server queues with this Free Weekend! This means you should never see Server is Full again unless something went terribly wrong.

Features:

• Auto-joins when there is room (Although that should be assumed.)
  • No limits on queues as many people as long as they want.
  • Queues split by public and reserve, reserve joins first.
  • No more wasted loading times. No longer loading to see "Server is full".

serverqueues.jpg

Lastly to address the server browser in general. There are fixes for some of those issues at http://support.joinsquad.com but we will be looking into putting more time into it.

Al Basrah

We are very excited to be giving you our modder made urban map Al Basrah! The first truly urban map in Squad it will be the opening salvo in a series of maps we have planned focused around dense urban centers. Al Basrah is unforgiving street to street combat where the US Army is forced to penetrate the dense neighbourhoods and multistoried apartment blocks bristling with AKs and RPGs.

albasrah1.jpg
albasrah2.jpg
albasrah3.jpg
albasrah4.jpg
albasrah5.jpg
albasrah6.jpg
albasrah7.jpg

Original Squad Soundtrack Volume 2

As per our news post last week we will be adding an additional Soundtrack Volume to the Squad music catalog and this will be made freely available to those who already own volume 1. in a few short days.

vol2_web.jpg

Server Providers

Also we can't forget our wonderful server partners who are ready and willing to spin up approx 20,000 slots to support our free weekend campaign. If you are looking for a Squad server we suggest you contact one of the providers below.

serverproviders.jpg

Alpha 9.2 Changelog

• New Map: Al Basrah
  • Added Server Queuing functionality to the Server Browser
  • Added New Russian Ammo Crate from the community (Many thanks to Rincewind!)
  • Fixed Ammo widget color transition is now more obvious (White > Yellow > Red > Black)
  • Fixed Tweaks to n-wheeled vehicle movement to make small adjustments easier
  • Fixed Hesco walls not having projectile collisions
  • Fixed Vehicle turrets and sounds staying around for several seconds after vehicle destruction
  • Fixed Yehorivka AAS v1 ammo crates below ground
  • Fixed Updated tree collisions on Kohat to stop vehicles and players getting stuck
  • Fixed minimum required view distance for the game to launch was set too low
  • Fixed projectiles sometimes incapacitating players in close proximity without detonating
  • Fixed some bullet penetration settings
  • Fixed Scoreboard End of Round issue
  • Optimized several shell ejection effects and improved performance on muzzle flash effects

Alpha 9.3 Changelog

Offworld Out.

2 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Yay! Al BasBrahh.

nice work Ricewind on the crate implementation 

Nice work on Al Basrah mate! Looking forward to playing it. 

Absolutely amazing work Chance! Big thanks to you and the Squad Devs for this opportunity. Urban warfare in a game like Squad is what I've been waiting for the most! Intense firefights and epic fun awaits us all!

Edited by Shenk

I don't want more maps. Add simple things first like the ability to lock squads, range indicators for ATs or GLs and coax for APCs.

Edited by blacktea65

4 minutes ago, blacktea65 said:

I don't want more maps. Add simple things first like the ability to lock squads, range indicators for ATs or GLs and coax for APCs.

And people still complaining...
Do you know that during previous Free Weekend the biggest complain for new players was Server Browser and no Fav Servers and Queue?

Awesome work devs as always.

Edited by Antol

Dammit I've got memory error when I'm trying to launch the game...

UPD: It's only appear if I use "squad_launcher.exe", if I run "Squad.exe" everything work fine.

Easy-anticheat problems?

UPD 2: Reinstall helped.

Edited by FishMan

1 hour ago, blacktea65 said:

All in good time. You may not want it but there are people out there that have been waiting for far longer for these features. The world isn't just about what you want you know. Be a little more respectful and appreciative of all the hard work that the Squad developers put into this game. It doesn't cost you anything and respect goes a long way.

Basrah is an absolute kill zone, the entire thing is one massive ambush. Squad is now 11/10 IGN.

US vehicles vs RPGs in city.... yeah, back to main with ye

3 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

Basrah is an absolute kill zone, the entire thing is one massive ambush. Squad is now 11/10 IGN.

US vehicles vs RPGs in city.... yeah, back to main with ye

I want to play now! God damnit!     giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, Shenk said:

All in good time. You may not want it but there are people out there that have been waiting for far longer for these features. The world isn't just about what you want you know. Be a little more respectful and appreciative of all the hard work that the Squad developers put into this game. It doesn't cost you anything and respect goes a long way.

My clan purchased  more than 20 copies of Squad almost 2 years ago. It cost each member more than 50$ so I have my expectations at least. It is not for free since it is commercial game. 

Btw how am I being dirsepectful? For having valid complaints? Why is it taking so long to implement simple and game changing features like locking squads. I think you are treating concerned customers who support this project with actual money disrespectful. Finally I don't like to participate in circle jerks you know.

Edited by blacktea65

@blacktea65 I would suggest you calm down and approach the entire conversation with a better attitude. It will get you much farther in a conversation with overall better results as well. We have prioritized our development cycles and features will be implemented when they are ready to be implemented. It is as simple as that. There are only so many hours in the day, and we are still a small team. 

50 minutes ago, blacktea65 said:

My clan purchased  more than 20 copies of Squad almost 2 years ago. It cost each member more than 50$ so I have my expectations at least. It is not for free since it is commercial game. 

Btw how am I being dirsepectful? For having valid complaints? Why is it taking so long to implement simple and game changing features like locking squads. I think you are treating concerned customers who support this project with actual money disrespectful. Finally I don't like to participate in circle jerks you know.

Hello blacktea65.

My opinion: Sorry to tell you bad news but your clan purchased early access to an unpolished, unfinished game, not the game itself or the development process. They still have the right to use the priority list they prefer and think is best, and following everyone's individual complains is simply not possible. You may, personally, have a different opinion, but that comes from outside from the development process - obviously you will see things from a different perspective than the developers, you won't be able to see certain things.

Now, in my opinion, you should be less emotional about it, because it will get you nowhere. You stated your opinion and there is no need to get to such a low attitude saying they'd treat someone disrespectful because they have a different opinion on things - that's simply not the case.

Great update, the map provides unique gameplay and brings back good memories. Good work, i love it.

17 hours ago, blacktea65 said:

Hey, this is a community made map. Meaning very very little time was borrowed from the developers, not to mention that the mappers on the dev team don't have an impact on the code, aka new features like coax, or the weapons aka character artists. So chill out, being an ass to the developers gets us nothing and only damages their spirit.

Edited by invisible.nin/SINE
removed personal offense

7 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Hey, arsepick this is a community made map. Meaning very very little time was borrowed from the developers, not to mention that the mappers on the dev team don't have an impact on the code, aka new features like coax, or the weapons aka character artists. So chill the **** out, being an ass to the developers gets us nothing and only damages their spirit.

9 hours ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Now, in my opinion, you should be less emotional about it, because it will get you nowhere. You stated your opinion and there is no need to get to such a low attitude saying they'd treat someone disrespectful because they have a different opinion on things - that's simply not the case.

I just gonna leave this here.

If you guys cannot deal with negative critique please do not bother to respond at all. Anyway I am not asking for the world, only few small little features which are for me as a PR player more important right now since there are already several maps (which could need more optimization anyway). I supported this project like many others for a long time in order to see a worthy successor of Project Reality. Nonetheless, I am surprised by the amount of casuals which are content with whatever they get and hostile towards opposing points. All I posted was that I rather want other changes first in hopes a dev might notice it but the shitfest and accusations against me had already started by certain members here.

Now I understand developing a game is not an easy undertaking. Sometimes I simply believe you are not focusing on the right parts.

Have a great day and sorry for pissing against the wind from time to time. :D

9 minutes ago, blacktea65 said:

Now I understand developing a game is not an easy undertaking. Sometimes I simply believe you are not focusing on the right parts.

Have a great day and sorry for pissing against the wind from time to time. :D

See thats just it... just because we aren't focusing on the parts that YOU feel are important doesn't mean we aren't focusing on the right parts. Opinions differ.