32 posts in this topic

Mabey someone would want to co opt it with yeah, or take it over with a shared vision. It would be a waste to not have it go somewhere, it looks so nice. 

Its a real shame because this would be a marvellous map to have. I hope you will find the time & strength to finish your creation (being selfish here).

Goodluck mate.

It is a great shame but can totally understand the reasons why.  Making a map/environment in the hope that someday it will be seen by more than just yourself is not much assurance against a +1000hr commitment.  If it isn't a personal labor of love, then it just isn't worth grinding to completion for anyone else when there is no financial reward.  Hopefully you can pick up some free time and motivation to continue the project occasionally.

I'm not sure of the practicality given the large file sizes and proper merging of binary files in source control, but I really feel like most people should be starting mapping projects (especially if 4kmx4km+) as teams of 3-5 people. I have seen so many promising maps fall by the wayside over the years (in PR and now it's starting in Squad as well), but if there were already 2+ other committed people, they could pick up the slack and find others to fill in the gaps. 

All depends if the community is willing to download the files, play/test these maps and offer feedback to make it better. I think the biggest reward for people creating maps is the  fact it get played and you can play in your own creation.

Wow i like the shoots you put, great effort to details and it will pay off , last time i made map was for the Quake 3 :).

And i playtested it with community a lot and it was small map.

But making map 4x4 km large is great effort i hope that community will play test it.

And i kinda like the name Dolina = Valley :)