SoldierOFortune

Hello!!! I really want to buy this game but....

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. I'm new and I want to play this game so bad. I watch hours of training videos about this game. I just want to know, I as a foreigner who live in Malaysia (south East Asia), do I have any chance to play this game in a server that everyone speaks English? Or I need to play in US or AUS servers? My ping to US servers in Battlefield 1 is 170 to 250 and for AUS is 150. I love to play this game,  but I want to play with people who I can communicate with. What if I buy this game and all the servers be empty? what if all players be Chinese speakers? I really want to support the devs, but I'm not sure what to do.:S 

Edited by SoldierOFortune

Hello SoldierOFortune,

luckily, you'll have the option to refund the game within 2 hours of playtime (don't play longer or you won't be able to refund it).

Other than that, there is an external browser-based serverlist that you can check out, maybe it will give you some hints about the amount of servers around your area:

http://playsquad.xyz/

Friendly regards

Also there will be a free weekend of Squad starting tomorrow, so you can play before buying.

(Squad will also be on sale on Steam for 50% off!)

EDT: For more info´s about that:

8 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Also there will be a free weekend of Squad starting tomorrow, so you can play before buying.

totally forgot, of course that's an even better option

thank you my friend. I really appreciate your help. I just checked the website and I found a full Aus server. I hope I be able to play there. I wasn't sure what does the sever's health mean BTW.

24 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Hello SoldierOFortune,

luckily, you'll have the option to refund the game within 2 hours of playtime (don't play longer or you won't be able to refund it).

Other than that, there is an external browser-based serverlist that you can check out, maybe it will give you some hints about the amount of servers around your area:

http://playsquad.xyz/

Friendly regards

Just now, SoldierOFortune said:

thank you my friend. I really appreciate your help. I just checked the website and I found a full Aus server. I hope I be able to play there. I wasn't sure what does the sever's health mean BTW.

Server health is a value that sums up the overall server performance.

23 minutes ago, koschilein said:

WOW really? that is awesome. So I can play it before I buy it. Thanks man. so I can download it for free on steam tomorrow?

Just now, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Server health is a value that sums up the overall server performance.

Oh ok I got it. thanks again :)

1 minute ago, SoldierOFortune said:

WOW really? that is awesome. So I can play it before I buy it. Thanks man. so I can download it for free on steam tomorrow?

yes

2 minutes ago, SoldierOFortune said:

Yes, you will be able to just download it via Steam and play for free!

EDT: Damn ninjas!

After your questions are cleared, let me give you another hint: Ping is not everything in Squad. It's not the same as it is in BF1 or CS:GO for example. Squad moves a bit slower and quite a bit like a real-time-ego-strategy-game. Shooting first is nice, but if Shooting from flanks it does not that much matter which Ping you have, at least it's under 200 imho. But you will see and i am pretty sure you will be able to Play it. As Long as your Performance is doing well (i would more think about FPS than Ping :D )

2 hours ago, Chez said:

After your questions are cleared, let me give you another hint: Ping is not everything in Squad. It's not the same as it is in BF1 or CS:GO for example. Squad moves a bit slower and quite a bit like a real-time-ego-strategy-game. Shooting first is nice, but if Shooting from flanks it does not that much matter which Ping you have, at least it's under 200 imho. But you will see and i am pretty sure you will be able to Play it. As Long as your Performance is doing well (i would more think about FPS than Ping :D )

hmmm....yes I think you are right as long as this game is not fast paced game. But I need to try it tomorrow to see if it is playable or not. I'm not worry about FPS by having a GTX1080, 16Gb DDR4 Ram and 6700k CPU that overclocked to 4.6Ghz :D I'm sure I can get solid 60FPS on epic quality. But anyway I really need to try it first to see if it is possible to play it on US or AUS servers or not. Have you ever seen high pingers in Squad? Don't they make the servers a bit laggy?

I'm really sure i never saw someone above 200-250 ping. I'm from Germany, i often Play on US-Servers (On late shift, Germans still sleep or work, thanks for time difference, i Play on US-Servers when theres like 11p.m.) and i have like 140-180 ping and i prefer those Server more than German Servers with 40 ping, just because even i speak mainly German, this language doesn't fit for me in this game, so i prefer english and accept a higher ping.

I'm Australian and will occasionally play on US servers where I get 150-200 ping. It's usually still quite playable at that ping, just don't try driving vehicles. I'm not personally aware of any SE Asian servers that speak English as the primary language but like others have said you can download the game for free this weekend and see which servers give you the lowest ping and check for yourself.

Come check us out on the Electric Firestorm server when you do start playing! We've got the best performance of all Aussie servers so if you can't run the game on our server, you likely won't be able to play on any Aussie server. We're very friendly to the new guys as well, especially with the free weekend coming up. Not to mention the fact that one of our admins is the creator of the brand new Al Basrah map that's being released tomorrow! Here's a link to our Discord channel where we all hang out - https://discord.gg/qJbPcRM

20 minutes ago, Chez said:

I'm really sure i never saw someone above 200-250 ping. I'm from Germany, i often Play on US-Servers (On late shift, Germans still sleep or work, thanks for time difference, i Play on US-Servers when theres like 11p.m.) and i have like 140-180 ping and i prefer those Server more than German Servers with 40 ping, just because even i speak mainly German, this language doesn't fit for me in this game, so i prefer english and accept a higher ping.

Yes Chez I agree with you that other languages may not fit in this game. I also like to play this game on English speaking severs. I  don't think I get higher that 200ms ping. I must try it tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I'm Australian and will occasionally play on US servers where I get 150-200 ping. It's usually still quite playable at that ping, just don't try driving vehicles. I'm not personally aware of any SE Asian servers that speak English as the primary language but like others have said you can download the game for free this weekend and see which servers give you the lowest ping and check for yourself.

Come check us out on the Electric Firestorm server when you do start playing! We've got the best performance of all Aussie servers so if you can't run the game on our server, you likely won't be able to play on any Aussie server. We're very friendly to the new guys as well, especially with the free weekend coming up. Not to mention the fact that one of our admins is the creator of the brand new Al Basrah map that's being released tomorrow! Here's a link to our Discord channel where we all hang out - https://discord.gg/qJbPcRM

Hey m8. thanks for reply. sure man thanks for you advice. I got it. no vehicles. Thanks for the invite by the way. It is my pleasure sir. And thanks god you guys use Discord :D I hate TS. BTW last night I was checking the Squad's servers and I remember  Electric Firestorm was one of the few servers which had above 60 Players. It was so promising. I should add this that it is amazing to try a map with its Map Designer :D it is like watching a movie in cinema with the director who made that movie:D Sure it my pleasure sir. We will see each other on the battlefield :)

Best Regards

On 4/4/2017 at 9:47 PM, SoldierOFortune said:

Hey guys. I'm new and I want to play this game so bad. I watch hours of training videos about this game. I just want to know, I as a foreigner who live in Malaysia (south East Asia), do I have any chance to play this game in a server that everyone speaks English? Or I need to play in US or AUS servers? My ping to US servers in Battlefield 1 is 170 to 250 and for AUS is 150. I love to play this game,  but I want to play with people who I can communicate with. What if I buy this game and all the servers be empty? what if all players be Chinese speakers? I really want to support the devs, but I'm not sure what to do.:S 

Hey SoF :) you were already on our servers last night, we are located in Singapore, speaks English but since we are in SEA, we have squads consists of Thais, Aussies, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Indonesians etc.  But all SL comms are in English. 

-topper

http://www.sickfreakingweirdos.com/

On 4/6/2017 at 5:40 PM, topper said:

Hey SoF :) you were already on our servers last night, we are located in Singapore, speaks English but since we are in SEA, we have squads consists of Thais, Aussies, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Indonesians etc.  But all SL comms are in English. 

-topper

Yes bro. I made this topic before I buy squad. Yes I really happy that I found your server. Thank you so much 

On 4/6/2017 at 5:40 PM, topper said:

-topper

I think there are three Topper's servers in SEA. which one you join sir?

13 hours ago, SoldierOFortune said:

Just saw your post, I am sorry, we were all over, it was 80 players on all 3 servers at peak, I was on all 3 depending at different times.  I probably clocked over 16 hours per day thru the free weekend.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:56 PM, SoldierOFortune said:

Hi bro fellow Malaysian here. Feel free to join us. We are  trying to populate the server as we speak. Server will be full by dinner time.

https://playsquad.xyz/servers/?q=topper

Join this steam group to hook up with us,

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sg-topper