PythagorasHP

What can damage vehicles?

Pretty simple, what weapons can damage which vehicles? Pretty obvious the RPG can damage all vehicles and grenade launchers can damage light vehicles; but what about the heavy ones? Can the grenade launcher damage APCs? Can you damage a vehicle by shooting its tires?? Do grenades damage vehicles???

im not totally sure actually, i don't think there is an actual "armor system" i think just some vehicles have more health than others. I think if you can destroy one vehicle with something, it will be able to destroy all vehicles, but you need different amount of shots/rockets to do it.

RPG-7 FRAG rounds do no damage to vehicles (i think) at least armored vehicles take no damage from it. BUT the operators in a technical forexample will take damage.

The RPG-7 Heat/LAW do good amount of damage to all vehicles and the RPG Tandem will instakill all vehicles (as of v9.1) the AT-technicals do more damage than HEAT rounds but less than tandems i believe.

The grenade launcher will destroy technicals in 2 shots, i havent tried to destroy anything bigger with it, but i think its possible.

The Heavy machineguns 12.7 and the KORD / DSHKA will kill softer vehicles very quickly and burn through armored vehicles in time.

The 30 mm guns on the mtlb's and BTR-82's are really efficient at taking out vehicles at range.

Im not actually sure if you can kill a technical with normal rifle/lmg fire. I never tried.

13 minutes ago, Shovely Joe said:

Im not actually sure if you can kill a technical with normal rifle/lmg fire. I never tried.

yea, you can, takes a lot of bullets tho

around 100 regular bullets to kill unarmoured technical at close range. It is pretty quick with a few guys shooting 

trucks go down too, it changed I think seems to take a lot more bullets since a few updates ago.

Edited by suds

Is there a definitive source for this information somewhere that gets updated with each version of the game?

3 hours ago, Leroy said:

Is there a definitive source for this information somewhere that gets updated with each version of the game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/7xeh9g/squad_game_mechanics_post/

Player kept, but so far it's kept up to date well. They don't mess around a lot with the values, excpet probably for the next patch. But we'll know when it hits