RipGroove

Bottlenecked by 'Rendering Thread'?

I heard on server today that we're getting a game patch later on today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure it'll help you but I hope so.

Hopefully!

Maybe we should hold off on testing until the new patch is here.

RipGroove's test

1080p v9.0 - EMPTY SERVER - Gorodok

3.png

My result same/very similar situation 137fps. (but my system is not as powerful as RipGroove's)

So something is wrong for RipGroove's set up or our testing was drastically different, for sure.

But happy to wait for patch and re-test, also make our testing a bit more robust.

I'll do the same test again tomorrow morning with my res set to 1080p in Windows and Squad.

All EPIC settings, no AA, no SS.

Fools Road v3
Squad v9.2
Res: 1080p

FPS: 115
8.8ms

Frame: 8.8ms
Game: 2.6ms
Draw: 0.25ms
GPU: 8.8ms

Fools Road v3
Squad v9.2
Res: 3440x1440

FPS: 55
8.8ms

Frame: 18.0ms
Game: 3.8ms
Draw: 18.0ms
GPU: 18.0ms

Gorodok v2
Squad v9.2

FPS: 82
12.0ms

Frame: 12.0ms
Game: 3.3ms
Draw: 6.8ms
GPU: 12.0ms

Fools Road v3
Squad v9.2
Res: 3440x1440

FPS: 42
23.7ms

Frame: 23.7ms
Game: 3.7ms
Draw: 6.1ms
GPU: 23.7ms

Quite disappointed with the 1080p FPS TBH, thought I'd see much higher at the res.

30 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Gorodok v2
Squad v9.2

FPS: 82

ah man I am feeling your pain here, you/we knew it - something is wrong! But we will find it.

ah man I am feeling your pain here, you/we knew it - something is wrong! But we will find it.

What score does your system score on the 3DMark Firestrike demo? Mine scores around 16000.

Maybe I should try my CPU at its default clock speed. Can't imagine that would actually help though as it seems quite happy at 5.0GHz.

10 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Maybe I should try my CPU at its default clock speed. Can't imagine that would actually help though as it seems quite happy at 5.0GHz.

well yes running everything at stock is always a good measured approach to test.

Do you use CPUZ? if not grab it, run the bench, then stress test the CPU for 15 mins, HWMonitor is good to see temps live whilst you do this as well.

I'm online this evening if you are free, I would be happy to meet in discord and run through all my settings and ensure your running the same, again just to test through and make sure nothings been missed? Would work at say 9pm my end.

After bench, run stress test for 15mins. This is a great way to ensure the OC is solid.

Let me know your single and multi bench scores, bee interesting to see how they compare to my 4790K at 4.8Ghz.

Well it test stable for 30mins with x264 stress test. FYI I have Hyperthreading disabled as Squad is better with it off an it allows me a higher OC due to temps.

11 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

My results: http://valid.x86.fr/jln4l7

single.png

I'm guessing my scores are OK going by this: http://valid.x86.fr/bench/1

yes great scores, now stress it for 15mins.

I found with big OC's they can become unstable at 100% load etc. Granted gaming will never put it under such loads but it's an idea, and we are running out of them!

Breezed that test for 15mins with temps peaking at 78°C

So I'm pretty confident my CPU is scoring OK and is stable at 5.0GHz. So this must be a GPU issue? maybe some setting in Nvidia Control Panel is wrong?

Or maybe it's simply down to you having more VRAM?

Also I'm only seeing 180fps in the menus whereas other people see the max of 240fps.

could be in nvidia panel, if your around this evening we can check that off no problem.

could be in nvidia panel, if your around this evening we can check that off no problem.

I'm off to work shortly and I won't be back until midnight!

I know it's a bit crazy suggestion but turn down you're OC slightly and see what's happen. May be on this high clocks there is a chance for unstable running. I'm sure you're system runs cool but even a cool system can get broken on high clocks/voltage.
You're gpu to if it overclocked seems like the problem is there or in between both CPU and gpu.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

I know it's a bit crazy suggestion but turn down you're OC slightly and see what's happen. May be on this high clocks there is a chance for unstable running. I'm sure you're system runs cool but even a cool system can get broken on high clocks/voltage.
You're gpu to if it overclocked seems like the problem is there or in between both CPU and gpu.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Yeah I will try down clocking the CPU this weekend to see what happens. My CPU overclock seems fine though, it passes stress tests just fine, the temps are good and the voltage is low, it doesn't throttle or anything at all. It's worth a shot though.

My GPU is already just running stock clocks.

Reset the CPU to stock frequency and voltage and it made zero difference to in game performance. 

Side note: For some reason even with the multiplier set to 'Auto' the CPU only boosted to 4.4GHz, not the 4.5GHz it should've been. Anyway, I guess that doesn't matter as I've loaded the 5.0GHz profile back anyway.

Edited by RipGroove