Sign in to follow this  
buhnanafone

What goes on inside some Squaddies heads?

Hello,

Not sure whether I am on the right section or not but this is a general discussion question regarding Squaddies so here it goes:

What goes on in some of your head when you are on the insurgent team? Reason I want to know is because all I hear is "Allahu Akbar" and "Jihad" every few seconds.

Is it immersive?

Is it supposed to be a mockery?

Now it does not really bother me because I have grown accustomed to people of squad doing it. However, after hearing a bit of over abuse on the voice chat lately, I just want to know what goes inside your head when you decide to say those words. I am not attacking you, I just want to know.

simulating reality inside their heads.....they are acting as if they are in a real battle and its real....is what I think is happening....adding sounds and voice makes it seem real...right?

9 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

It's Human Nature & basically having some Fun with the lads. (Some more than others).

If racism, abuse, or bullying is banned. How does this become okay? I mean I might be okay because I am a grown adult. How would a child of certain faith feel while playing Squad? Worst of all, these are mostly coming out of young adults from my experience. 

If i were to be on the american team and say stereotypical slurs because it is human nature and I am just having fun, I would probably be banned for being abusive and racist. Just saying.

embecmom   

saying God is Great is not racisim..so not sure why you think it is or is a slur? is like when people are on the American side all you hear is 'Amereeecaaaa **** yea'

and there you go.. bad language in the game.. but its up to the parents to monitor their kids behaviour and what they feel is acceptable within their online gaming experience... and tbh if a parent is allowing their kid to access servers where there is an adult theme, we are not the police monitors here their parents have to take responsibility .

9 minutes ago, embecmom said:

saying God is Great is not racisim..so not sure why you think it is or is a slur? is like when people are on the American side all you hear is 'Amereeecaaaa **** yea'

and there you go.. bad language in the game.. but its up to the parents to monitor their kids behaviour and what they feel is acceptable within their online gaming experience... and tbh if a parent is allowing their kid to access servers where there is an adult theme, we are not the police monitors here their parents have to take responsibility .

Not racism but definitely is mockery and bullying. And I think I have mentioned that it is young adults who are doing this, not little kids. 

I do agree with "murica **** yeah' being similar to "Allahu Akbar" in terms of mockery though, good point

4 minutes ago, alex.sweedensniiperr said:

It's both. Mockery and immersion. Also try to stop me.

Oh you got everyone, can't stop an ikea furniture :P 

It's not about racism or something like that. Could sound like that if you're American or European bcuz terrorism etc.

Here in Brazil this not sound like mocking or nothing about that. It's just all about fun.

Converge   

It's kids thinking they're funny or fooling around.  And I hate that shit because I'm not a big fan of islam.  I cringe slightly when I hear it. 

Edited by Converge

lol and I am all here like when is CHRIS CHRINGLE, DED MOROZ, and TIO DE NADAL going to have a war on what fictional character the world should worship :/

Helwyr   
3 hours ago, buhnanafone said:

Not racism but definitely is mockery and bullying. And I think I have mentioned that it is young adults who are doing this, not little kids. 

I do agree with "murica **** yeah' being similar to "Allahu Akbar" in terms of mockery though, good point

Maybe if Islamic terrorism wasn't such a total mockery of rational behavior then people wouldn't yell Allah Ackbar when they play as insurgents

I don't see a problem here.

People yelling stuff into their microphones continues to annoy me regardless of the statements they make, but it's something you have to get used to if you want to play games online. Nobody launches Squad with a specific desire to mock someone's religion.

Edited by MultiSquid

1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

I don't see a problem here.

People yelling stuff into their microphones continues to annoy me regardless of the statements they make, but it's something you have to get used to if you want to play games online. Nobody launches Squad with a specific desire to mock someone's religion.

Very well said!

3 hours ago, Helwyr said:

Maybe if Islamic terrorism wasn't such a total mockery of rational behavior then people wouldn't yell Allah Ackbar when they play as insurgents

Yes those terrorists are ruining the Abrahamic Religion for the rest of us with rational behavior. Now when I play as insurgents on Squad and you have 20 guys on Voice chat yelling Allahu Akbar, I just assume they think Lord is great lmao :D.  

molotov   

I think ppl yell it cuz their country or team sucks, and all they have left are their empty chants. Think of it like the Gregorian chants; comforting for the simple, but ultimately meaningless. 

VaaSHARK   

I've only said it during some crazy moments in the game when i'm getting ready to fire my RPG at a CROW that is destroying our team, but besides that its all for fun gents its a game we are all here to have a good time and have fun (at least that is why I am here).

I only scream Aloha Snackbar, to display my love for the concession stands at the movie theatres, AK cracks just remind me of the popcorn cracking in the cooker.

Helwyr   
56 minutes ago, buhnanafone said:

Yes those terrorists are ruining the Abrahamic Religion for the rest of us with rational behavior. Now when I play as insurgents on Squad and you have 20 guys on Voice chat yelling Allahu Akbar, I just assume they think Lord is great lmao :D.  

*tips fedora*

What ever happened to the phrase sticks and stones but words cant hurt me?  Go?  I guess words can hurt...its just the context that you have to worry about.  Who gets to decide context and who gets to enforce the meaning of words coming out of peoples mouths?  We have to have freedom of speech police deciding the context of everyone's speech?  Remember the film with Stalone where he wakes up in future and everywhere you go there is machines that fine you everytime you use cuss words?  What was the name of that film?  Is that where we are heading?  Words and phrases get banished by the word police.

You know what's going through my head?

Who gives a chit meng.  

I find it funny, if I'm on the Russian team I speak Russian jumbo of non actual words but it sounds legit.  

Its a game man.