Sign in to follow this  
buhnanafone

What goes on inside some Squaddies heads?

Skymo   
4 hours ago, Dystopian said:

You know what's going through my head?

Who gives a chit meng.  

I find it funny, if I'm on the Russian team I speak Russian jumbo of non actual words but it sounds legit.  

Its a game man.

Haha, yeah. Suka blyed davai davai viju brativnika za stalinaaaaaa :D

Edited by Skymo

I will go a little offtopic, talking about the word race or racism which people wrongly connect with religion.

Connecting religious chants, in this case Alahu ackber with racism does not make any sense. Because religion is not a race ie. Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Paganism or whatever has absolutely NOTHING to do with race. People of all colors, shapes and sizes are in each of those religions named.

It would be same if we say that someone is of christian nationality. It does not make any sense, does it?

Or when people shout famous soviet war chants ''za stalina!!!'' In combat. And then somebody would accuse them of being racist. Again a soviet is not a race. Its a nationality of eastern bloc.

People who are butthurt in their own underpants must understand the true meaning of race and racism before using the term. 

I have nothing against people who chant Alah ackebr for insurgents or Lord Jesus is our saviour on blueforce as long as its not excessive. Then it becomes annoying to listen to that. Thats how it works in the free world. People have the power, you are free to do anything (10% of the time, for anything else you need a license).

Chez   

It's for the roleplay-feeling. You Play the role of an Insurgent, you are defending your home land. The same of Happening in real life and the factions and enviroment is based on real life, so who cares what you say? If there will be a WW2 mod, imagine what the german faction would shout out in local.

I know this allahuakbaring gets boring after Hearing many times, but it still makes me giggle, when i look at an Insurgent with RPG and he yells those words before Shooting his rocket at an US tank.

Atmosphere is strong in this game.

Togisan   
2 hours ago, Chez said:

It's for the roleplay-feeling. You Play the role of an Insurgent, you are defending your home land. The same of Happening in real life and the factions and enviroment is based on real life, so who cares what you say? If there will be a WW2 mod, imagine what the german faction would shout out in local.

I know this allahuakbaring gets boring after Hearing many times, but it still makes me giggle, when i look at an Insurgent with RPG and he yells those words before Shooting his rocket at an US tank.

Atmosphere is strong in this game.

First of all, to discuss this topic in here is not suitable for me but I will make a comment. I agree that yelling as " Allahu Akbar" is not making racism but if you yell as "Allah snackbar" is not also roleplaying..I have played over 1800 hours of this game..I can easily define the voice difference between a child and an un-developed adult..Believe me, the most innocent ones are child , I haven't heard any abuse from them in this game..In real Islam, all religions are seeing as equal and are respected..God=Allah is universal for every secular religion, so while saying " Allah snackbar" , if you're christian or jewish at least a believer , you are also kidding with your God..

Finally, for an advice for un-developed adults, try to learn the difference between insurgent and terrorist terms, it would be a good start for you

Edited by Togisan
for correcting typing error

Psyrus   
15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

People who are butthurt in their own underpants must understand the true meaning of race and racism before using the term. 

They should just learn to use the word bigotry, and all will be well. It doesn't have the same pop-appeal though 

All games in the future must follow the verbal morality statute...

Just think, if parties could never say anything negative about each other there would be no more need for elections. Both sides would just have wonderful words for each other...they would say things like, no your better for this job you take it I insist, we do not need to ever argue about policies.  Disagreements would never happen in a state that has verbal morality enforced right?

Oh yeah I found a clip of that movie...

Scarish   
On 02.04.2017 at 7:32 AM, Dystopian said:

I find it funny, if I'm on the Russian team I speak Russian jumbo of non actual words but it sounds legit.  

Actually, being Russian(i mean...really) i dying laughing each time i join such a Runglish speaking squad. xDxDxD Don't remember i ever laughed so hard as being in such squads.

You're playing a game where you simulate shooting people in the head with extreme prejudice and you're concerned about THE CHILDREN?!  OH LORD THINK OF THE LITTLE KIDDIES THAT MIGHT FEEL BULLIED IN MY DIGITAL MURDER SIMULATOR! Get ****ing real.

3 hours ago, Two-Ton Teuton said:

You're playing a game where you simulate shooting people in the head with extreme prejudice and you're concerned about THE CHILDREN?!  OH LORD THINK OF THE LITTLE KIDDIES THAT MIGHT FEEL BULLIED IN MY DIGITAL MURDER SIMULATOR! Get ****ing real.

I understand your point, but please try to be less aggressive in your posts next time.

Rybec   
On 2017-04-01 at 10:54 AM, buhnanafone said:

Is it immersive?

Is it supposed to be a mockery?

When you play as the OPFOR you need to have fun and roleplay as the OPFOR.

rulie   

...boobies mostly. Could be the reason why im easily the worst shot in game though. Never really thought about why until this thread.

meh....

Freedom isn't free.... Hero's died in war so you can be free.  We must always be prepared to fight those who constantly want to take your freedom away.  It's like a never ending war.  And words are a big part of war.  Look at the words that were used in the last world war.  The war is a fight for the human mind and heart and the will to always stand for justice and peace.  Words are used to attack your mind and the way you think and to try and change your beliefs.  Words are used in media and news not just to inform but to influence belief.  Is that what could be happening in games? 

Just gonna put it out there that the community of Squad is great, I don't see any bigoted comments, except for few trolls saying InshaAllah and MashaAllah. Thank you all for participating in the next episode of dragon ball z. Thread closed.

iiKA   

It's just players trying too hard to be funny. It does get really old and dreadful, really fast. I just exit the squad and join another, or go lone wolf.

Dubs   
On 4/2/2017 at 7:57 PM, justachap said:

This is what goes through my head.

8.jpg

Quite close to what goes on in my mind

rulie   
3 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Freedom isn't free.... Hero's died in war so you can be free.  We must always be prepared to fight those who constantly want to take your freedom away.  It's like a never ending war.  And words are a big part of war.  Look at the words that were used in the last world war.  The war is a fight for the human mind and heart and the will to always stand for justice and peace.  Words are used to attack your mind and the way you think and to try and change your beliefs.  Words are used in media and news not just to inform but to influence belief.  Is that what could be happening in games? 

Great post XRobinson. 

Yep...."words". Sometimes the worst enemy we come across in life is ourselves. Next on the list would be the generic keyboard Social Justice Warriors. They are everywhere these days...getting all riled up n their panties in a bunch over words someone wrote.

We could start a whole thread on the topic i guess, try to investigate the origins of a few of the more coulourful ones that get thrown around and misused almost every day. Im talking, without using urban dictionary or wiki. Though wiki and google sometimes do help.

Forgive me fellas, not trying to "school" anyone. Here's a few ive researched the origins for shits n giggles.

Bigot - Old military term for the "eyes only" higher ups.

Mutha-fcuker - a term black men used to describe the white slave master who would take a black woman up to the house for...

Racist - professors who studies different races. Now just called Anthropolgy.

Then i could list a whole bunch of words lost in translation. The one that amuses me the most would be the American term for "root beer" ...a USA soda drink or soft drink, similar to Kola Beer we have in Australia.

You, see...root means something else in my country. How can i explain this diplomatic like...hmmm, here, beer is consumed before you get a root. But if you drink too much root beer, you can get what is called "brewers droop"...and no rooting will be taking place. Catching on?

Now, ...hopefully, when Americans ask an Aussie tourist he just met at the grid iron match "which team are you rooting for"? and gets a strange look from the Aussie...you now know why.

Im nearly 50, was into hip hop in the early 80's, back in the day it was supposed to be about peace and unity. Gave up on hip hop somewhere between 1991 - 1994.

I'll leave it at that and pop this 1990 track in here which i was going to put in another thread but that got locked.

Edited by rulie

My son is forbidden from saying that, because I don't want the neighbor's to key our cars or call the Dept. of Homeland Security on us.  He and his friends use to say it all the time while playing all kinds of video games because they think it's funny and yelling geranimo hasn't been a thing for a long time.

Chez   
2 hours ago, JJarrowGaming said:

My son is forbidden from saying that, because I don't want the neighbor's to key our cars or call the Dept. of Homeland Security on us.  He and his friends use to say it all the time while playing all kinds of video games because they think it's funny and yelling geranimo hasn't been a thing for a long time.

There you see in what a prison humans are.

It's all in good fun.

On the Russian side you often hear "Za Stalina" or "Za Putina" or "Za Rodinuuuu" (for Stalin! for Putin! For the Motherland!). On the German side, when post Scriptum comes out, you'll probably hear a ton of 'Heil Hitlers' and so forth and so on. It's natural for people to do. 

Let it be. Mute people if you have to. Or switch squads.

Wald

rulie   

lols...at the moment, this is in my head and i can't seem to un see what i have seen....thanks a lot Chance...

20170406150600_1.jpg

15 hours ago, rulie said:

lols...at the moment, this is in my head and i can't seem to un see what i have seen....thanks a lot Chance...

20170406150600_1.jpg

heheh!