Chuc

Free Weekend April 6th - 10th + New Map!

86 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Bog21 said:

As a person who has yet to buy this game but will definitely be playing on the free weekend and purchasing the game, any tips you pros could give me for my first couple of fights?

Yes, be ready to communicate with a mic. If you join a squad that is verbal and communicate well you will no doubt have a great time! You will see why this game stands above the rest... 

8 hours ago, Converge said:

Not sure what you mean by the Knifes reference since it is in quotes.... but I sure would have loved a way to kill this enemy soldier I happened to run into right after running out of ammo yesterday. 

Talkin' about this baby...Gonna get my Slasher and go Ninja..:D

On 3/4/2017 at 3:52 PM, KaB said:

Here's a little bit of knife for you, while you patiently wait.

I just saw that there was an event yesterday in which Al Basrah was played, will there be more events like this? Maybe one or two servers which only run Al Basrah so people can join and  give feedback, as someone who played PR since 2006 and remember there being an A10 on this map long time ago, i REALLY want to try it out in squad. 

3 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Talkin' about this baby...Gonna get my Slasher and go Ninja..:D

F**k the knives give us those sweet sweet bayonets!

Looks really good can't wait to have a play on Al Basrah, I hope when the British forces come they get a layout in that map.

14 hours ago, MilosV said:

I just saw that there was an event yesterday in which Al Basrah was played, will there be more events like this? Maybe one or two servers which only run Al Basrah so people can join and  give feedback, as someone who played PR since 2006 and remember there being an A10 on this map long time ago, i REALLY want to try it out in squad. 

The Al Basrah patch should be out on Wednesday (April 5th) for everyone who already owns Squad. Of course, it will be available during the free weekend (April 6-10) as well.

1 hour ago, DesmoLocke said:

The Al Basrah patch should be out on Wednesday (April 5th) for everyone who already owns Squad. Of course, it will be available during the free weekend (April 6-10) as well.

Thanks, i forgot to edit this someone answered me in another topic few hours back, still thanks for responding, looking forward to it :)

On 01/04/2017 at 8:39 PM, DesmoLocke said:

Cause they don't have the Insurgency gamemode in Insurgency. That's why.

ah ok .. mis understood the question.... soz

OMG this map looks epic. Cannot wait for it to be released. Might have to spend the next few days "working" from home. ;)

Squad Free Weekend and Sale: Part Two ;)

Who among us will exercise extreme patience and help the newbies by squad leading or simply answering questions in local VoIP?

*raises hand*

1 hour ago, DesmoLocke said:

Who among us will exercise extreme patience and help the newbies by squad leading or simply answering questions in local VoIP?

*raises hand*

I won't be being a Squad Leader but I'll definitely be around to answer questions and encourage players. 

Will play the helpfull XO/ Medic, as always.

It will grind my nerves to absolute stress-limit, but elsewhise the newbs are not gonna learn.
Gotta do what you gotta do... ;)

3 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

*raises hand*

Not me. I'm just going to sit in the mosque tower and pick them off as they dumbly march to their death. 

Or maybe I'll help, who knows.

4 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Not me. I'm just going to sit in the mosque tower and pick them off as they dumbly march to their death. 

Or maybe I'll help, who knows.

LOL goodluck with that... afew hundred windows will have a nice view of you on your little perch

15 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

LOL goodluck with that... afew hundred windows will have a nice view of you on your little perch

That's on your map though. I don't even know the layout yet. I was talking about Sumari chaos that's inevitable on free weekends.

6 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

*raises hand*

I don't normally SL any more, but I found that last time OWI did this the FFO boys I play with did a great job with this. Typically almost always taking on this role and really spreading out the SLs to help the new guys.

Question regarding the new map. How does the elevation work with regards to distances for things like rally points? If someone puts a RP on the 6th floor of a building, and someone walks by on the street outside, will that count to remove it? The same goes for building things in buildings with regards to the distance from the FOB.

5 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Question regarding the new map. How does the elevation work with regards to distances for things like rally points? If someone puts a RP on the 6th floor of a building, and someone walks by on the street outside, will that count to remove it? The same goes for building things in buildings with regards to the distance from the FOB.

I think that wont work. there may be a vertical max. range as it is in horizontal max. range.

14 hours ago, NotBrad said:

That's on your map though. I don't even know the layout yet. I was talking about Sumari chaos that's inevitable on free weekends.

Sumari? When Al Basrah is out??? You'll be chasing your shadow.

40 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

Sumari? When Al Basrah is out??? You'll be chasing your shadow.

Well it's the only shadow worthy of my chasing!

18 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Well it's the only shadow worthy of my chasing!

hahaha nice one, see you in Basrah ;)