Rambo-16AAB

Helicopters.

As I see  fast roping from choppers is planned, how about Chopper based Logi support. Dropping in Supplies to a FOB via underslung load ?

Or the  transportation of available vehicles from the main base by  transport chopper so thinks like a HUMVEE could be air transported forward to where its needed ? ( Basically  a chopper lifting any vehicle within its  operating weight limits )

airborne supplies have been confirmed i believe, right now the FOB system is being reworked, most recently with the addition of HABs, but more will come. stocking supplies on one FOB and driving them on the next one etc.

airborne vehicles im not so sure about, i think it's pretty hard to model/animate to a satisfactory degree for the devs, but maybe! and maybe modders will take up the challenge.

helo + airborne vehicle could be a match losing ticket loss if brought down by a well aimed RPG or crashed by a poor pilot so will access to the pilot position need to be more than an ok from a single SL. May be need two or more SL's to ok a pilot or a commander when in place

What would the likely ticket value of helos and jets be? are ticket values set according to real world costs? A10 $13m  = a lot of ground troops

The difficulty in piloting a chopper will  depend on how well the  game engine can model flight dynamics + how well the Dev team want the  chopper to fly.

You could use the  testing range to  gain a Heli flight qualification. Without it, you wouldn't be able to get in the pilots seat ?

As for Jets, the maps are still too small to use them in any  real form. That would just end up looking like the Battefield kiddy games.

Still don't think the  game area is large enough for something like an F15 to operate realistically.

Good too see the chopper classes though.

6 hours ago, Rambo-16AAB said:

The difficulty in piloting a chopper will  depend on how well the  game engine can model flight dynamics + how well the Dev team want the  chopper to fly.

You could use the  testing range to  gain a Heli flight qualification. Without it, you wouldn't be able to get in the pilots seat ?

As for Jets, the maps are still too small to use them in any  real form. That would just end up looking like the Battefield kiddy games.

I like the idea that you need a "basic training" to fly a helicopter, it would easily break public games if a SL would just hand out the keys to someone who wants to try it out. just showing you can take off and land, fly basic maneuvers and so on.

if they leave it open then server admins would restrict it. if you look at PR, squads are made and locked according to the role. ont he tank squad can get tanks, only the helo squad can get choppers. yeah any one can still get in them but if you do and your not part of the correct squad then server admins will temp ban you. i saw one guy who only got kicked, got back on the same server and jumped into a chopper a 2nd time and got perma banned. if you do it that way i see no problem.

some will say "but what about when a admins are not on? or what if they are never there?" well simple the players will start to remember the good servers that always have active admins.

yes it would be nice to have a built in option but even then poor pilots and tankers are gonna happen. ultimately its gonna be up to the admin to say "hey, you need to go to the range a practice some more"

i for one cant wait for the choppers as i hope that gets to be my dedicated job in my clan. in which i would use the range to try and log at least 60 hours on just flying.

Sure if you want choppers in i want ZSU-23-4 i dont want Tunguska-M i still want to give you pilots a chance and with Tunguska you dont have any ;-)

The game need only transport choppers now. Just an example, US need Black Hawks and 7.62 armed little birds, thats all.
In future, if the game will increase map dimension, A10s will be amazing too but not sure about other airplanes or ''AH-64 apache heli''.
Make the game close to bf with Air veichles vs anti air veichles. I mean the game don't need any ''Tunguska''!

I'd be happy with this TBH.

Commander should authorize aircraft

you guys are forgetting about the commander role, maybe the pilots would need authorization from them.

Single player training course required: Course Score and Flight Time

They should have a single player training course required for multiplayer piloting. You should need to go to the Firing range and take the courses and at the end like for the helicopter course the game shoots rpgs at you and requires you to fly the helicopter around obstacles and above trees. At the end of each course it gives you a score on how well you did. So not just pass or fail and displays your overall flight time so that the commander in multiplayer would know how good that pilot is.

I still want this ;-)

If you move up to 1,25 you will see some amazing stuff ;-)

Yes according to RAF program on bbc

turn this thing around captain!  We left a guy back there!  OK.... :)

lol