Sign in to follow this  
Covalent

Shooting an RPG/LAW while prone seems silly.

Now that infantry has received quite a buff against vehicles, I think it's bound time this makes it in.  

I do not believe that you should be able to fire an RPG or LAW while prone.  Specially the HAT kit.  It just seems ..  A bit odd.

 

I'm trying to imagine someone setting an RPG/LAW on their shoulder, with their body behind the ass end of it!  

 

If I recall you could only fire a LAT/HAT kit while standing or crouching in Project Reality.

 

Also thermals would help vehicles a buuunch.

 

Thanks for reading :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See Fishman, those are certain poses that I'd expect in real life.  Squad is a game.  Being able to bounce down prone and fire of a rocket that can one shot any vehicle in the game is a bit ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the sake of gameplay I would like this. 

 

Right now there are many, easy to use, low damage LATs on the battlefield. 

 

Once vehicle disabling comes out it is going to be frustrating when 1/5th of the enemy team's 50 players can prone in a bush, and disable you while they are near invisible.

 

In the future I want LATs to be fewer, more difficult to use, while being more deadly. Same with HATs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flat896 said:

Once vehicle disabling comes out it is going to be frustrating when 1/5th of the enemy team's 50 players can prone in a bush, and disable you while they are near invisible.

 

As frustrating as automatic rifleman's ability to kill 200 enemies without reloading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For the sake of gameplay I would like this. 

 

Right now there are many, easy to use, low damage LATs on the battlefield. 

 

Once vehicle disabling comes out it is going to be frustrating when 1/5th of the enemy team's 50 players can prone in a bush, and disable you while they are near invisible.

 

In the future I want LATs to be fewer, more difficult to use, while being more deadly. Same with HATs. 

 

 



Exactly my thoughts! It's way to many AT-kits in play at the moment.

Make them harder to use or/and limit them to ONE AT-kit per squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FishMan said:

RPG-26 Instruction

11423961.jpg

 

RPG-7 instruction.

 

rpg55.jpg

 

 

Javelin

original.gif

 

 

 

Just do it.

rpg7_shooting_when_prone_by_petrel1918-d

 

This pretty much explains it, it is possible to fire a Anti Tank weapon whilst prone. And for the people saying it's way too much Anti Tank personnel roles, we're talking about two seperate roles. Use your vehicles the right way and you won't be in a sticky situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.

I'm constantly seeing vehicles get too close to enemy infantry or drive in front of the infantry. 

This is never should happens. Cause vehicles are there for support, infantry should do all the job.

a3c5ab30bc786f5334f055801c4c24a3.jpg

 

Most people act like they holding some kind of spear but not a rifle.

 

The problem of anti-vehicle weapons is that it is very hard to use them at far distances, especially in Squad (cause there are no zeroing adjustments atm), use this as an advantage, don't drive close to enemy, cause you big, clumsy, blind, have a tunnel vision and make a lot of noise and they are not. And constantly change your position after some shooting. Cause it very easy to spot a vehicle by its tracers and communicate with someone who can destroy you. Especially when you do a lot of damage. Also its better to kill 1-3 enemies from bad position and run away than wipe out the whole squad and hoover enemy rockets on the good one, without any way to retreat. 

 

But still if you want to prevent people to shoot from prone position - I'am not totally against that, cause It really not a big difference.

 

 

Edited by FishMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FishMan said:

Agreed.

I'm constantly seeing vehicles get too close to enemy infantry or drive in front of the infantry. 

This is never should happens. Cause vehicles are there for support, infantry should do all the job.

a3c5ab30bc786f5334f055801c4c24a3.jpg

 

Most people act like they holding some kind of spear but not a rifle.

 

The problem of anti-vehicle weapons is that it is very hard to use them at far distances, especially in Squad (cause there are no zeroing adjustments atm), use this as an advantage, don't drive close to enemy, cause you big, clumsy, blind, have a tunnel vision and make a lot of noise and they are not. And constantly change your position after some shooting. Cause it very easy to spot a vehicle by its tracers and communicate with someone who can destroy you. Especially when you do a lot of damage. Also its better to kill 1-3 enemies from bad position and run away than wipe out the whole squad and hoover enemy rockets on the good one, without any way to retreat. 

 

But still if you want to prevent people to shoot from prone position - I'am not totally against that, cause It really not a big difference.

 

 

 

 

I'd agree, but most maps are closed off and force you to get closer.  Yehrovika has that fog which makes you get closer, Chora, to do anything with a vehicle you have to find a very limited amount of vantage points to get an angle to view from above, either else you're just ****ed.

 

Most other maps have a lot of trees and such, limiting your view.

 

Vehicles should have thermals.  I know HE rounds will help, but thermals would be the ultimate balance for people who like the idea of taking .5 seconds to prone and fire a one hit kill HAT kit at an APC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know they planning some updates for vehicles in next version.

Thermals may be Implemented...

Hey, I might try to do thermals later, I pretty sure I know how to do it O__o

 

Also 30 MM AP is really silly not only agains infatry, but also againts stryker which can destroy BTR-80A 1x1 even if BTR shoting in the back, I think it very stupid )))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't want to get picked off by Anti Tank personnel then I suggest you either send in infantry to clear out the surroundings where you intend on bringing your vehicle inside (especially populated areas; buildings, cities, villages, whatsoever) and keep your vehicle back before it's been cleared. I've seen people drive their APC's on hills next up to enemies FOB's and they expect not to get attacked by AT personnel. Situational awareness is important when you're in top cover or driver, know what's infront of you, behind, beside and whatnot. Use your vehicle's wisely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.. Its just another viable gameplay tactic.

You have less vision and you're more concealed. Nothing odd about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Covalent said:

 

 

I'd agree, but most maps are closed off and force you to get closer.  Yehrovika has that fog which makes you get closer, Chora, to do anything with a vehicle you have to find a very limited amount of vantage points to get an angle to view from above, either else you're just ****ed.

 

Most other maps have a lot of trees and such, limiting your view.

 

Vehicles should have thermals.  I know HE rounds will help, but thermals would be the ultimate balance for people who like the idea of taking .5 seconds to prone and fire a one hit kill HAT kit at an APC.

 

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to fire prone, since you can IRL. If you try to drop prone and hit an APC in .5 seconds IRL, you'll either miss, or not be able to since I think it would take longer than that to go prone, line up on your target and fire. With the new animations, I'd expect to see a slower transition to prone across the board, you could certainly make going prone and readying your LAT take a few seconds, so dashing out into the street, bellyflopping behind armor and insta shooting it isn't possible. Being stealthy and going prone at range should be possible. 

 

As far as having too many LAT/HAT kits available, that's a separate issue and is easily remedied by reducing the numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this