wojtman

Collimator in Russian Army?

MVPiet13   

arguments always come down to this:

1) Squad represents standard soldiers, not special forces or whatever. Now, people always have different opinions on this, but it turns out standard Russian soldiers often don't have any form of optics on their AK's. 

2) Squad is a game, and therefore gameplay and balance is always a concern: the AK rifles are more powerfull than the m4's in the game, which is why the US has some more red dots. This is something that could maybe change in the future, but we'll have to see

Edited by MVPiet13

Fritz45   
47 minutes ago, wojtman said:

Americans have m68CCO and it's useful a lot! And what about Russians? In real life they also have collimators or red dot sights!( look at this page http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/140502_Russian_Red_Dot___Non_Magnified_Optics.html)

Why they couldn't also have collimators in this game ? Why not?

Russian grunts do not have optics most of the time...optics are expensive. 

2 hours ago, MVPiet13 said:

the AK rifles are more powerfull than the m4's in the game, which is why the US has some more red dots

Why do u think AK is more powerful?

Why do u think AK is more powerful?

I think AK's has bigger caliber 7.anything
...But I'm not sure about.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

AK-74 whis is used by Russian Army has 5.45x39, when M4 has 5.56x45. So we see Ak's max damage is 60

Edited by kirusha_love

On 3/26/2017 at 6:33 AM, MVPiet13 said:

1) Squad represents standard soldiers, not special forces or whatever. Now, people always have different opinions on this, but it turns out standard Russian soldiers often don't have any form of optics on their AK's.

Actually that's incorrect, it's a common misconception that any form of optics are rare in the Russian Ground Forces.

"There are 2-4 1P63 collimator sights per squad. It depends on commander how they would be distributed along the men (e. g. 1st and 2nd patoons consist most of the contract operators, means they’d get 4 sights per unit, rather then 3rd platoon with recruit men, who get 2 sights per unit). There are units fully complected with 4 sights per squad. Usually, there are 25-40 sights per company."

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/116715-cm-black-sea-–-beta-battle-report-russian-side/?page=14#comment-1564057

In Squad, I can see the SL and rifleman roles having access to 1P63 optics.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:33 AM, MVPiet13 said:

2) Squad is a game, and therefore gameplay and balance is always a concern: the AK rifles are more powerfull than the m4's in the game, which is why the US has some more red dots. This is something that could maybe change in the future, but we'll have to see

Also incorrect. In Squad, the M4A1 does more damage, has longer range, and has a higher ROF than the AK-74M.

MINTY   

US Biased thats why, someone gave an argument before that ''while Russian optics would be visually different if they are practically the same as their US counterparts then they would produce the same style of gameplay'' Im not kidding. 

Fritz45   
On 3/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, MINTY said:

US Biased thats why, someone gave an argument before that ''while Russian optics would be visually different if they are practically the same as their US counterparts then they would produce the same style of gameplay'' Im not kidding. 

The Devs have a Russian military advisor. Nothing is "biased" that's an argument used by either people unwilling to accept fact due to propaganda, or misinformation. From what I've observed with the invasion of Crimea optics on the 74m are few and far between. 

ZiGreen   
2 hours ago, Fritz45 said:

The Devs have a Russian military advisor.

I doubt they actually have such advisor :)

Bahrein   
On 3/26/2017 at 8:53 PM, Jaghammer said:

Yeah you mean 7,62x39mm that caliber was only in the original AK-47 and in AKM the other version of Russian armed forces assault rifles have 5,45x39mm

As you can see in this link.But as logic dictates the bigger the caliber and the longer the bullet casing is the powerful the bullet is because of the velocity the bullet makes when exiting the barrel of the gun but at the cost of the bullet drop because the bullet is bigger it is heavier and therefore the bullet drop is bigger.

I am no expert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

On 3/26/2017 at 6:42 AM, Fritz45 said:

Russian grunts do not have optics most of the time...optics are expensive. 

Not true. Russian front line units do indeed have optics, but the rate at which they are issued is completely different from the rate at which soldiers have them. Sure, in theory, as stated below, they have 2-3 1P63s per squad, but how many Russian soldiers have you seen in the last two years without optics? Likely the majority. Go back to Crimea, however, where we saw the 45th VDV, and you will notice the majority of them had optics (and a large variety at that). Soldiers can and do purchase their own optics and rails. 

On 3/27/2017 at 11:39 AM, MINTY said:

US Bias? What? The devs have a US bias even though the Russians currently have upgunned APCs while the US has the Stryker? They aren't really biased towards or against any specific force. The AK-74M, for example, is a far more fun gun to play with in my eyes because it has less recoil. The 1P78 Kashtan is also a better optic to use in game because the lower recoil and lower magnification make followup shots really easy. The M4A1's recoil is far less controllable than real life (it feels like it was upped in this patch, but I could be wrong). I think the factions are somewhat unique and even with the addition of the 1P63 I can say they likely will still be unique. The 1P63's glass is of a lower quality than the Comp M4 Aimpoint and has a deep purple tint. This will make shooting with it during the day fairly easy, but in low light situations it might be a harder optic to use. They didn't overlook this feature in Project Reality when it came to the Mepro sights, so I doubt they'll do it here. 

Edited by Call Me Ishmael

Fritz45   
3 hours ago, Call Me Ishmael said:

Not true. Russian front line units do indeed have optics, but the rate at which they are issued is completely different from the rate at which soldiers have them. Sure, in theory, as stated below, they have 2-3 1P63s per squad, but how many Russian soldiers have you seen in the last two years without optics? Likely the majority. Go back to Crimea, however, where we saw the 45th VDV, and you will notice the majority of them had optics (and a large variety at that). Soldiers can and do purchase their own optics and rails. 

US Bias? What? The devs have a US bias even though the Russians currently have upgunned APCs while the US has the Stryker? They aren't really biased towards or against any specific force. The AK-74M, for example, is a far more fun gun to play with in my eyes because it has less recoil. The 1P78 Kashtan is also a better optic to use in game because the lower recoil and lower magnification make followup shots really easy. The M4A1's recoil is far less controllable than real life (it feels like it was upped in this patch, but I could be wrong). I think the factions are somewhat unique and even with the addition of the 1P63 I can say they likely will still be unique. The 1P63's glass is of a lower quality than the Comp M4 Aimpoint and has a deep purple tint. This will make shooting with it during the day fairly easy, but in low light situations it might be a harder optic to use. They didn't overlook this feature in Project Reality when it came to the Mepro sights, so I doubt they'll do it here. 

I don't mean this in a combative way but can you show me?