Hey, not sure if this is an issue on my end, probably is...But, I currently am running a 1080ti, 4790k @ 4.00ghz and 16gbs of ram, and a m.2 ssd all on a 1440p monitor.. 

In game, depending on the map i get ~60fps with everything on (including supersampling x2)...some maps kill it though and ill drop to ~40fps.. Is this a problem with my setup or on squads end? I feel like i should be able to get squad to a solid 60-70fps at least on any map/max settings but this isn't usually the case, which leads me to believe there may be something wrong. Any advice? I am just trying to get a stable 60 to 70 (80 if im lucky) fps on max settings. And, I'm not looking forward to buying another CPU but the 7700k may be needed or another 1080ti lol.

That's pretty much exactly spot on for what I get (minus the super sampling) with my i7 3.75 ghz, 32 gig ram, ssd, and 1070.

For me, the pattern for frame drop seems to be tied to the number of players in game - I get a 100 FPS when only like 20 people are on and fluctuates between 40 - 60 (but averages around 49) when servers get close to 80 people on.

I think that is just the way it is right now - which is ok to me because the graphics and effects are fricken sweet!

Yah, I would like to go to 4k gaming in Squad, but if it can't handle the game now with 2.00 super-sampling, I'm not sure its worth the upgrade..but then again, native resolution is always better. So maybe at 4k i'll still get the 60fps. I'd like that :P 

Try 372.90 NV Drivers. Epic Games recommend this exact version of NV drivers for current UE4 engine version(4.14):

[GPU_NVIDIA]
; a newer one is out but has issues (see below)
SuggestedDriverVersion="372.90"

; Seems this driver was not setting uninitialized global variables
; (static, non const) to 0 but leaving them uninitialized.
; Also blacklist future driver versions until QA has verified them to work.
; NOTE: UE-25096 has been fixed and verified by QA.
;+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=">=361.43", Reason="UE-25096 Viewport flashes black and white when moving in the scene on latest NVIDIA drivers")

; To prevent problems with older drivers.
; We might have to adjust that further.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion="<=347.09", Reason="Crashes with Paragon content using more recent GPU features")

; UE-35288, GPU hangs in 4.13 binary release.
+Blacklist=(DriverVersion="==372.70", Reason="This driver version has many known stability issues")

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In SQ a8 recommended driver version for NV was 361.75 and it did make a difference. Now in v9 361.75 are very bad. I switched from 361.75 to 372.90 and it did help me with FPS and input lag in Squad.

With 361.75 on Fool's I had 30-50 FPS. Now on 372.90 I have 50-70 FPS.

IMHO, that's a job of Squad developers to give us information about recommended drivers for Squad. They could easily release it with patch notes.

Try 372.90 NV Drivers. Epic Games recommend this exact version of NV drivers for current UE4 engine version(4.14):

[GPU_NVIDIA]

; a newer one is out but has issues (see below)

SuggestedDriverVersion="372.90"

; Seems this driver was not setting uninitialized global variables

; (static, non const) to 0 but leaving them uninitialized.

; Also blacklist future driver versions until QA has verified them to work.

; NOTE: UE-25096 has been fixed and verified by QA.

;+Blacklist=(DriverVersion=">=361.43", Reason="UE-25096 Viewport flashes black and white when moving in the scene on latest NVIDIA drivers")

; To prevent problems with older drivers.

; We might have to adjust that further.

+Blacklist=(DriverVersion="

; UE-35288, GPU hangs in 4.13 binary release.

+Blacklist=(DriverVersion="==372.70", Reason="This driver version has many known stability issues")

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In SQ a8 recommended driver version for NV was 361.75 and it did make a difference. Now in v9 361.75 are very bad. I switched from 361.75 to 372.90 and it did help me with FPS and input lag in Squad.

With 361.75 on Fool's I had 30-50 FPS. Now on 372.90 I have 50-70 FPS.

IMHO, that's a job of Squad developers to give us information about recommended drivers for Squad. They could easily release it with patch notes.

I better check my driver version, I've been having crappy performance since v9.0 (7700k @ 4.9GHz / 980ti FTW)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I better check my driver version, I've been having crappy performance since v9.0 (7700k @ 4.9GHz / 980ti FTW)

If you changed nothing, but when V9 came out your frames dropped, what do you think the issue is? :D

If you changed nothing, but when V9 came out your frames dropped, what do you think the issue is?

Well it's worth a shot, I'll check my driver version and if I have to I'll roll back to the recommended version and see what happens.

6 hours ago, JJarrowGaming said:

Never heard of installing older drivers for hardware.  I'm going to research this.  Thanks for sharing.

How about deleting 95% of folders in Nvidia driver installer to not install bloatware from manufacturer(like GeForce Crapirience) to save space on HDD, RAM, get less input lag and more FPS?

NvxVU5a.png

Source:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406260

Edited by Skul

Can you revert back to old drivers in geforce experience?

You need to search online for older drivers, a few sites host them. All you do is run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Windows Safe Mode, then execute the older driver file you downloaded.

In fact, Nvidia themselves probably still host them if you have a search: http://www.nvidia.com/drivers/beta

I've rolled back a few times in the past in order to get certain games to play better. Especially new releases and Early Access games.

6 hours ago, Skul said:

How about deleting 95% of folders in Nvidia driver installer to not install bloatware from manufacturer(like GeForce Crapirience) to save space on HDD, RAM, get less input lag and more FPS?

NvxVU5a.png

Source:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406260

Yes, I'm sure deleting old installation folders will increase his fps by 30 to before V9 levels and obviously this has a lot to do with reducing input lag...

3 hours ago, banOkay said:

Yes, I'm sure deleting old installation folders will increase his fps by 30 to before V9 levels and obviously this has a lot to do with reducing input lag...

LOL

I'm running the latest driver 378.92

I've downloaded 372.9 (download link below), so 'll give it a go when I can be bothered to do the whole driver removal stuff. It's quite an old driver (21st Sept 2016).

http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/372.90/372.90-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

On 3/27/2017 at 7:06 AM, RipGroove said:

I'm running the latest driver 378.92

I've downloaded 372.9 (download link below), so 'll give it a go when I can be bothered to do the whole driver removal stuff. It's quite an old driver (21st Sept 2016).

http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/372.90/372.90-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Any quantifiable results?

Any quantifiable results?

I haven't had chance to do it yet :-( Any spare time with my PC this week has been spent making the CPU stable at 5.0GHz. This could be part of my problem, the CPU is such a beast now that maybe my 980ti just can't keep up? Thus the low FPS?

On 3/25/2017 at 5:29 AM, xXHertzXx said:

Hey, not sure if this is an issue on my end, probably is...But, I currently am running a 1080ti, 4790k @ 4.00ghz and 16gbs of ram, and a m.2 ssd all on a 1440p monitor.. 

In game, depending on the map i get ~60fps with everything on (including supersampling x2)...some maps kill it though and ill drop to ~40fps.. Is this a problem with my setup or on squads end? I feel like i should be able to get squad to a solid 60-70fps at least on any map/max settings but this isn't usually the case, which leads me to believe there may be something wrong. Any advice? I am just trying to get a stable 60 to 70 (80 if im lucky) fps on max settings. And, I'm not looking forward to buying another CPU but the 7700k may be needed or another 1080ti lol.

Hey xxHERTZxx - I've been experiencing the EXACT issues you described. The solution for me was to downgrade my video drivers.

Check the thread. Hope it works for you too :)

On 27/03/2017 at 1:02 PM, banOkay said:

On 27/03/2017 at 5:01 PM, RipGroove said:

LOL

On 29/04/2017 at 11:24 PM, Sender_ZA said:

Hey xxHERTZxx - I've been experiencing the EXACT issues you described. The solution for me was to downgrade my video drivers.

Check the thread. Hope it works for you too :)

kekeke. So at the end I was right. ep.gif

9 hours ago, Skul said:

kekeke. So at the end I was right. ep.gif

Sergej pls, what does downgrading drivers to UE4 suggested version have to do with uninstalling Geforce Experience and C:\Nvidia old installation files?

Sergej pls, what does downgrading drivers to UE4 suggested version have to do with uninstalling Geforce Experience and C:\Nvidia old installation files?

He did post a while back to try rolling GPU drivers back to the recommended version for UE4.

On 06/05/2017 at 10:49 AM, banOkay said:

If you could read, you'd know that it wasn't what I wrote in my posts.

Also, don't call me that. You spelled it in the wrong way and it is a forum, not a party.

Edited by Skul