Sign in to follow this  
Xanta91

[Solved] Low performance and D3D device lost

Hey guys,

i am really enjoying this game but i really have some strange problems.

If i am using my two monitor setup i always get D3D Device Lost fatal error, now a little bit different since the bug reporter.

If i am using only my 4k monitor same problem(Windows UI scale 100 or 125% the same).

If i am using only my 1080p Monitor i can start the game, but cant wait too long in server browser or squad menu or the game crash(if i am playing i have no problems so far)

What could this be? the OC'ed 1080 from Zotac?

Second problem:

I have really poor performance, my friend with a i7 and a 970 have the same fps as i do.

40 average fps and sometimes under 30fp on full 80 server.

Changing the setting makes no differene, low high, even from 1-2x scale makes maybe 3-4 fps difference.

THX guys, have a nice day.

My specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1230v3
Asus Maximus VI Gene

16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600

Zotac 1080 AMP! Extreme

External USB Audio Interface

Welcome to Squad , currently the game is completly cpu limited by caclulations that only work in serial manner on 1 core.

because your Xeon and a i7 basicly share the same die (generationwise) with similar IPC and clock speeds  you get the same FPS.

There is nothing you can do about this until the decides to change this.

For your crash it seems the GFX is running unstable and crashing , deactivate the OC and see if this helps , check temps voltages e.g. the normal troubleshoot programm.

The utility I use to monitor my 1070 is the TechPowerUp GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/.

When it's running, go to the Sensors tab and check the PerfCap Reason to see if the performance is being capped and if so, why.  Temps, voltages, etc... can be checked on this sensors tab.

I use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to monitor my i7 (mine is overclocked by I use the system bios to do that): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-.