a rather small moose

[Solved] Still getting kicked by EAC.

I'm not sure what to do about this... I've uninstalled & reinstalled the game multiple times, deleting the appdata files along with it each time. After a fresh reinstall, the game will work fine for a single match. About halfway through said match, I'll get a pop up error saying something along the lines of "Error: no windowsnoeditorpak". Right now I don't have the time to re-create it. In every subsequent match I play, I get kicked out within two minutes of joining, and I'm left with an error message saying something like "Error: EAC Authentication Timed Out".

I'll try to post an update tomorrow with screen caps & stuff.  If anyone can decipher my rambling and figure out how to fix this issue, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hello, can you please check your logfiles for any lines that contain "easyanticheat"?

It should say there if the EAC plugin initialized successfully.

Also getting the exact same error. Never have had this problem until the hotfix was released.

Gives me a pak missing file error also upon entering the game sometimes, I can play for about 15 seconds on some matches before getting kicked. Others a good 30 minutes before EAC times out. I've followed every step given to fix this problem and nothing works. Reinstalled the game just to see today, still nothing.

Here is my log file as well!

https://www.solidfiles.com/v/4ALVKZpKQKMQZ

Screen shot

https://gyazo.com/17218e9a8cf7823b19b68ad74e9cd830

Hope this helps!

Edited by MooseKC

Thank you very much. It seems like your plugin initializes successfully.

Please contact support@joinsquad.com so that the support team can walk you through trouble shooting steps like verifying files and reinstalling EAC.

Yes, please email us at support@joinsquad.com and we can help you check a few things with EAC and verify the problem and hopefully get it fixed for you. Thanks.

Alright, I finally got home and was able to repeat the error. I deleted Squad from my steam directory, as well as my AppData folder. I re-downloaded the game, and started it.
Launcher_log.txt had this line had this file:

[LauncherFinished] Result: 0 Message: EasyAntiCheat successfully loaded in-game

I set my settings back to the way I had them, and joined a server. Started a Squad, and spawned with the SL kit. I immediately got this: http://imgur.com/a/dUdn2

EasyAntiCheat Error: Unknown file version: (squad\content\paks\pakchunk0-windowsnoeditor.pak)

At this point, I can safely call it second verse, same as the first. Here's a copy of my log file: https://nopaste.me/view/2c6846bc#L3
And here's every mention of "EasyAntiCheat": https://nopaste.me/view/9f001496

I've also already tried uninstalling EAC, verifying files, and ETC. But I'll be sure to try again while I await your response. 

Edited by a rather small moose

I went ahead and tried to verified the local game files. It came back with only one file having an issue, said file being 7.5GB... After downloading it, steam reported that there was a "Corrupt Update File". (I should note, I've been here before.) Hovering over the "Corrupt Update" text brought up a context window, citing

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Squad\Squad\Content\Paks\pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak

as the corrupted file. Seeing as it said "Update Required" on the right side, I went ahead and queued it to update.

When it was done, I started the game, all settings in tact. While waiting for a server to free up space, I got the same error pop up for pakchunk0,  as well as for pakchunk1. At this point, I closed the game and decided to uninstall and reinstall EAC. I went to the "EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe" in my Squad directory, and started it. I picked Squad as the game, clicked Uninstall, then Install Now. (Previously I had only tried using the Repair Service.)

I started the Squad again, joined a server, and subsequently got both pakchunk errors again.Just like in my first post, I wasn't kicked from the first game. Figuring it would follow the same behavior as before, I DC'ed and joined another server. Can you guess what happened next? I was able to play for a minute, before it kicked me, throwing the same 'EAC authentication timeout' error as before. 

And that leaves me here, back at square one. ****ing hell man, I just want to play Squad... 

Edited by a rather small moose

This is actually rather interesting. After posting all of that i found a post saying to delete the WIN64 folder. And it sees to have fixed it for the time I was playing earlier. I'm about to play now, if it does it again I'm going to post my log etc... Thanks anyways for the quick responses!

HOoOoOo lee ****ing $#!+. I figured it out. After trying every damn fix I possibly could, I FINALLY figured it out. My ram modules are failing! After reading this post from the CS:GO reddit, I decided to run memtest86 on my computer. Not only were there NUMEROUS errors found, but it actually failed to complete. The same thing happened with the windows memory test diagnostic. Well, time to find that warranty paper!

Thats unfortunate but I am glad to hear you figured out what the problem was.

Yep, I can confirm that my RAM modules were the issue. I was able to borrow some ram to test the game. After verifying the local game files and downloading the pak file, I was able to play the game without interruption. I also didn't get the "corrupt update file" error from steam either. I would have never thought the error was at such a low level. It was certainly an Odyssey to get here though...